911 Truth Movement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

911 Truth Movement

Do you think the US government should hold an independent investigation into the events surrounding

• Total voters

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:
Ooh you're so clever. Who saw that one coming?

Not you, you're incredibly literal minded when it comes to ... well anything really. I'm amused and edified by the notion that there is a single coherent "truther" position though, I've always seen it as more a moveable feast.

A feast comprised of fairy floss, candy apples, and deep fried extract of dodo.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
No wonder your arguments in this thread have come accross the way they have. How blissful for you.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:
No wonder your arguments in this thread have come accross the way they have. How blissful for you.

I have a small but appreciative audience, it's an acquired taste admittedly. In the meantime keep banging away, the independent investigation needs good folk like you to keep the flame alive.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
So seriously not one of you can define it?

(your answer is wrong snake - and no it's not a trick question).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disco08 said:
That's the most condescending post on this entire thread. Well done. You really do have a very high opinion of your own intelligence eh?

Not fair. I was called condescending first. Now every man and his dog is getting in on the act. :hihi

What is your answer to your question Disco?

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
Well I certainly agree with you Disco. I just can't be arsed arguing with anyone about it. I think you've done a sterling job.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disco08 said:
Why don't you have a crack?

I wouldn't have a clue. I look forward to your definition.

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've seen on PRE. I'd sum it up by saying faith in info found on endless internet searches, and using it to support an agenda, while conveniently ignoring other evidence, is being challenged by those who think things probably weren't all above board but don't believe in some of the outlandish, and unsupported, suggestions being put forward here. Far more interesting to drop by as a fly on the wall than get involved in the pretty much futile discussion. I have no major concerns, and don't lose any sleep over 9/11 conspiracies. I don't think we know the truth. I don't think we ever will know the truth. I don't think we need to know the truth. I don't for one second think the USA Govt orchestrated the attack and killed their own citizens. Then again we have a lot of windy nights at our place.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
I'm sorry you see it that way. Perhaps if you were more aware of the issues the truth movement is concerned with you'd see things in a different light.

There's no need to wait for my answer rosy. Any 8 year old could Google it in seconds.

Could you also possibly specify what evidence I've ignored (I assume that accusation is aimed at me)? I'd also be interested to know what evidence you've used to form the opinion that "I don't for one second think the USA Govt orchestrated the attack and killed their own citizens."

I live in one of the windiest areas in the SH. Nights where the wind reaches anything over 5kph run at 7%.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disco08 said:
I'm sorry you see it that way. Perhaps if you were more aware of the issues the truth movement is concerned with you'd see things in a different light.

There's no need to wait for my answer rosy. Any 8 year old could Google it in seconds.

I'm not that into labels and doubt I'd see posting on this actual thread, which is what I was referring to, in a different light based on others'definitions. Google can show you anything you want to believe. I'm more interested to know your answer than what google says.

It's a long time since I was 8yo but this is the very first result that came up when I googled "truthers position 9/11". Is it the correct answer?

Common themes in truther thinking

A freakishly large number of truthers are shamelessly anti-Semitic, blaming in various members US neoconservatives (a disproportionate number, though hardly a majority, of whose most prominent members were Jewish, including Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz), property owner Larry Silverstein, and the Israeli Mossad for planning/covering up the attack. Many truthers also seem to be of the opinion that a group of Ay-rabs couldn't have planned an operation this complex, a slightly (but only slightly) more subtly racist attitude remniscent of Erich von Däniken.
Technological illiteracy is a frequent theme as well -- the invention of fanciful devices such as "thermite straps" to cut vertical girders for example (thermite is very hard to direct and usually burns straight down), "quiet" explosives, very-low-yield nuclear weapons, and even undetectable holographic projectors (favored by some of the no-planers) all figure into theories put forth by truthers. Outright lying is not unusual as well; for example, claims of no plane parts on the lawn of the Pentagon were directly refuted by eyewitnesses.
Truthers also seem to have a thing for digging around in the statistical noise, misinterpreting photo artifacts and other random bits of data[36] and even taking operational jargon (such as the infamous "pull it" command that was used to order the evacuation of WTC 7) out of context, while avoiding things like the fact that steel doesn't have to melt to bend, that office fires can be much hotter than just a kerosene fire, or the fact that there was a 20-story gash in the side of WTC 7 after the tower collapses that seriously compromised its structural integrity. In fact, the entire truther thought process is very much akin to quote mining. Who'da thunk.
At the conservative end of the Truther spectrum are LIHOPers (short for Let It Happen On Purpose, in contrast to MIHOPers for Made It Happen On Purpose[37]) who believe US intelligence agencies had data on the coming attacks prior to September 11th, 2001, which the administration willfully ignored, but whose direct involvement was limited to (at very most) diverting defenses that might have interfered with the attack. The least indulgent of the Truthers speculate that the 9/11 attacks were planned and carried out by Osama Bin Laden and a cadre of veteran Mujahideen, and not a lone, nondescript terrorist who single-handedly hijacked and piloted all four planes to their targets

My next result searching for truther 9/11 definition

Truther
Noun- One who rejects the accepted explanation of the events of 9/11. Truthers generally believe the U.S. government committed the acts of terrorism against itself.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Wikipedia - Truther: middle aged man who bought the now defunct melbourne tabloid paper 'The Truth', which featured a topless girl on page 3 and carried such headlines as 'Clinton King uses 110km/hr tail wind and thermite boot inserts to roost ball 25 meters'

BTW, I love this thread, although it should be called Disco V The World.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Disco08 said:
So seriously not one of you can define it?

(your answer is wrong snake - and no it's not a trick question).

My answer isn't wrong Disco. There's various factions of course, the 'let it happen' and 'made it happen', but thats it in a nutshell. Again, its both odd and predictable that you'd describe it as wrong.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Disco08 said:
If ignorance is bliss you guys must be delirious.

Would any of you care to point out the "truther's position"?

Luke Mcguane is Osama Bin Laden and it wasnt him they killed, pissed on and dumped in the sea. Luke dared a couple of his mates to hijack planes and fly them into the twin towers as a football-politico statement that matthew richardson and brad ottens were an indominable, yet vulnerable tandem forward duo in the mid 1990's.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
rosy3/23 said:
I'm not that into labels and doubt I'd see posting on this actual thread, which is what I was referring to, in a different light based on others'definitions. Google can show you anything you want to believe. I'm more interested to know your answer than what google says.

Seems to me the reasonable thing to do would be to find the answer straight from the source. What you did was absolutely laughable.

tigersnake said:
My answer isn't wrong Disco. There's various factions of course, the 'let it happen' and 'made it happen', but thats it in a nutshell. Again, its both odd and predictable that you'd describe it as wrong.

Wrong and wrong.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disco08 said:
Seems to me the reasonable thing to do would be to find the answer straight from the source. What you did was absolutely laughable.

Wrong and wrong.

If you call me condescending and snide for finding the thread amusing how do you judge yourself finding things "absolutely laughable"?

I did what you said any 8yo kid could do and googled it. I typed in simple phrases that showed no bias or effort to influence the results whatsoever. I checked the first link that came up. Seems more sensible than laughable to me. Maybe your answer isn't that obvious after all.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:
Wrong and wrong.

You've posted from both sides of this equation, it's no wonder none of us can tell where you or the rest of the truthers stand dude.

Ok that's your cue to say that I'm either ignorant, arrogant or condescending, or if you want a combination of all three :hihi

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Missed the point ant.

rosy3/23 said:
If you call me condescending and snide for finding the thread amusing how do you judge yourself finding things "absolutely laughable"?

I did what you said any 8yo kid could do and googled it. I typed in simple phrases that showed no bias or effort to influence the results whatsoever. I checked the first link that came up. Seems more sensible than laughable to me. Maybe your answer isn't that obvious after all.

The answer is as obvious as it gets. Googling involves a little more than typing something in and reading the first result.