911 Truth Movement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

911 Truth Movement

Do you think the US government should hold an independent investigation into the events surrounding

• Total voters

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
About your opinions of me? Honestly - nothing. Especially you.

Happy to discuss the topic and defend my view and the way I've argued it though.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Disco08 said:
You can't see how this:

is taking the intellectual high ground? I'm usually smart but because I disagree with your opinion here you assume you're right and I'm wrong. No discourse. Just derision. It's been the same all the way through this thread but of course you'll disagree. I could care less though.

And the rolly eyed guy eh Pantera? *smile* me.
You could care less? That means you do care then........

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:
About your opinions of me? Honestly - nothing. Especially you.

Happy to discuss the topic and defend my view and the way I've argued it though.

Ho hum.

As for me, I've always respected your posts in other threads, and will continue to do so. To me all this thread has proved is that we all have irrational behaviours and thoughts that manifest themselves in different ways for different people. Once you closed all options for rational debate through a series of evasions, sophistry and probable self-deception, there aren't a whole lot of options left for us except parody, hyperbole, derision, ridicule, so on and so forth. After all, it's a good laugh and passes a few hours during the day.

If I were you though I'd be thinking about why people whose opinions were pretty much in tune with yours on a range of issues are now so radically out of step with your own. And further I'd be thinking about the camp you are throwing your lot in with - anti-Semitic, survivalists, publicity seekers, radical libertarians, technological luddites, misguided patriots (is there any other kind?), purveyors of crappy websites, anti-Obama borderline racists, shameless self-promoters. Of course, this in itself doesn't logically invalidate your case, but it should be setting off alarm bells.

As always, the choice is yours my friend.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Provide any example of an evasion on my behalf and I'll happily discuss it.

Sad to see that's your perception of the TM as a whole. Of course some of these types have latched on to 9/11 but they're far from the majority and they're not the people I'm "throwing my lot in with". If you'd paid any respect to my posting during this thread you'd know that and this debate could have been far more enjoyable than it turned out to be.

Sorry but whose opinions are usually in tune with mine? Freezer? Azza? Snaps Truly? Harry? Binman? You're now assuming that these guys and myself are all less capable of rational thinking than you, Baloo, tigersnae, KR, evo and Pantera? Why?

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Disco08 said:
You can't see how this:

is taking the intellectual high ground? I'm usually smart but because I disagree with your opinion here you assume you're right and I'm wrong. No discourse. Just derision. It's been the same all the way through this thread but of course you'll disagree. I could care less though.

And the rolly eyed guy eh Pantera? *smile* me.

Of course I assume I'm right. That's human nature. There is a reason I believe what I believe and I layed it out in my early postings in this thread. It is similar to the positions of other sheeple posters who have contributed.

People disagreeing with your position aren't deriding you. That is the nature of debate. You just seem to be remarkably sensitive and seem to take disagreement personally (even when it is well substantiated). As you have not acknowledged a number of points, posters are bound to stop writing lengthy responses to your barrage of doubts. That is the reason I haven't participated in this discussion as much as others. It is pointless, as when your point is countered you just move on to the next point of doubt and carry on. There is no real acknowledgement of fault on your part, nor the implications of that misconception - it is just - carry on with the next point of doubt. My lack of posting is for this reason, not because I have felt slighted or disrespected by you! I'm a big boy and love a good debate more than most (you are well aware of this)!

As for the rolly eyed guy, I save him for special occasions. He's there for a reason.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:

Don't play dumb, it doesn't suit you. You've been called out on this many times this thread - I'm not going to restate another example which you'll just evade or ignore.

Sad to see that's your perception of the TM as a whole. Of course some of these types have latched on to 9/11 but they're far from the majority and they're not the people I'm "throwing my lot in with". If you'd paid any respect to my posting during this thread you'd know that and this debate could have been far more enjoyable than it turned out to be.

Sad? Not enjoyable? I've been having a ball. Pointing out flawed assumptions, uncritical thinking and logical inconsistencies is one of my favourite games. If you are getting frustrated and disenchanted, get used to it, because if you hold a Truther position those feelings are not going to go away. Ever.

Sorry but whose opinions are usually in tune with mine? Freezer? Azza? Snaps Truly? Harry? Binman? You're now assuming that these guys and myself are all less capable of rational thinking than you, Baloo, tigersnae, KR, evo and Pantera? Why?

Heh, I said on other threads dude. Those on your side of the argument in this thread can speak for themselves I'd imagine. Probably quite sensibly they've absented themselves from most of this thread.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
For me, the thread jumped the shark when anti-gravity ball theory was proffered as worthy of serious consideration. It's been all *smile* and giggles since then.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Disco08 said:

as entertaining as it can be, this thread is becoming increasingly unbecoming. all the past tense talk suggests the protagonists are over it, yet strangely addicted.

A suggestion, if i may. A toss of the coin. Heads = thermite, insurance jobs, jews, big cigars and the answer to that mystery question of Discos revealed uncontested, yep, the last word . Tails = disaffected muslims got lucky and hit the terrorism jackpot.

then we bin the thread and all get on with underminning Tony Abbott and barracking for the Tigers. Captains, are we agreed?

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
LOL. You guys think you're critical thinking realists but you can't even define the position you're being irrationally critical of. What a joke.

Panthera tigris FC said:
People disagreeing with your position aren't deriding you. That is the nature of debate. You just seem to be remarkably sensitive and seem to take disagreement personally (even when it is well substantiated). As you have not acknowledged a number of points, posters are bound to stop writing lengthy responses to your barrage of doubts. That is the reason I haven't participated in this discussion as much as others. It is pointless, as when your point is countered you just move on to the next point of doubt and carry on. There is no real acknowledgement of fault on your part, nor the implications of that misconception - it is just - carry on with the next point of doubt. My lack of posting is for this reason, not because I have felt slighted or disrespected by you! I'm a big boy and love a good debate more than most (you are well aware of this)!

Rubbish. Not once have I refused to discuss a particular point because I've been countered. If you want to make that accusation how about you back it up? Show me any example and I'll happily address any point you feel I've ignored.

antman said:
Don't play dumb, it doesn't suit you. You've been called out on this many times this thread - I'm not going to restate another example which you'll just evade or ignore.

Sad? Not enjoyable? I've been having a ball. Pointing out flawed assumptions, uncritical thinking and logical inconsistencies is one of my favourite games. If you are getting frustrated and disenchanted, get used to it, because if you hold a Truther position those feelings are not going to go away. Ever.

As usual - all rhetoric and zero substance. I'm not frustrated or disenchanted nor am I playing dumb. I'm perfectly aware of the position I'm taking and I'm also convinced it's the only logical stance to take. If you want to challenge it or point out any instance of the accusations you're making I'm happy to address them.

antman said:
Heh, I said on other threads dude. Those on your side of the argument in this thread can speak for themselves I'd imagine. Probably quite sensibly they've absented themselves from most of this thread.

No one said they couldn't. What I want to know is why you assume your group is more capable of rational thought than those of us who disagree with you.

The fact some of us have agreed on another topic (namely Christianity) means nothing. Whose to say those who agree with me on 9/11 don't also holf those views on Christianity?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disco08 said:
No one said they couldn't. What I want to know is why you assume your group is more capable of rational thought than those of us who disagree with you.

Interested to know what exactly you disagree with?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Disco08 said:
As usual - all rhetoric and zero substance. I'm not frustrated or disenchanted nor am I playing dumb. I'm perfectly aware of the position I'm taking and I'm also convinced it's the only logical stance to take.

The position you are taking is to demand other people define your position and then ask them point out what's wrong with the position they've defined for you. That's an awesomely logical stance dude.