911 Truth Movement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

911 Truth Movement

Do you think the US government should hold an independent investigation into the events surrounding

• Total voters

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
evo said:
It can be a sign of respect to be comfortable enough to call out friends when you think that they are being a bit whack.

....agree. Sometimes robust threads just go on too long.

“I respect you as a person too much to respect your ridiculous beliefs.”
― Johann Hari

Hope you see the love in that duckman. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ok I'm sick of feeling bad about this. Tact mightn't be my strong point but honesty is. If I asked my husband a question and goaded him for an answer, ie does my bum look too big in a certain dress, I'd expect to hear what he really thought rather than him telling me what he thought I might want to hear. I wouldn't ask otherwise. I'm sorry my honesty has cost PRE a valuable member, an outstanding moderator and one of our Tiger family. Shattered really. I don't know if you got my messages Disco. You're welcome back with open arms as a mod on PRE if/whenever you'd like to join us. We've all got an exiting future to share. :hearton

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
gladstone's Johann Hari quote says it all for me. It was/is a bizarre thread and had it been anyone else I probably wouldn't have bothered entertaining it.

I don't think you did anything wrong in this debate rosy. It's all tirgertim's fault.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Baloo said:
gladstone's Johann Hari quote says it all for me. It was/is a bizarre thread and had it been anyone else I probably wouldn't have bothered entertaining it.

I don't think you did anything wrong in this debate rosy. It's all tirgertim's fault.
It is? :headscratch

Ok, we'll whilst I found disco,s stance on this topic somewhat odd I certainly didnt want to see his departure over it. But having said that if one is going to partake in a vigorous debate then you have to able to cope with opinions that you may not agree with, not take your bat and ball and go home.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Its sad. I didn't say anything I wouldn't have said, and have said at times, to a family member or friend who had the same views and was adopting the same methods. Personally when debating, I live by the sword and die by it. The old 'don't talk religion or politics' maxim applies I suppose.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Baloo said:
I tried to reply to you via PM but you've blocked me. b!tch.

No, I don't think it's your fault.
It's ok , I knew (assumed) it was a joke. You're not blocked now :rofl

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
tigersnake said:
Its sad. I didn't say anything I wouldn't have said, and have said at times, to a family member or friend who had the same views and was adopting the same methods. Personally when debating, I live by the sword and die by it. The old 'don't talk religion or politics' maxim applies I suppose.
Is 911 a religion or politics? ;D

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Don't feel bad about it Rosy, most of us gave Disco a much rougher time. :hihi I'm sorry he feels so bad about it that he's left PRE if he wants to argue this sort of point of view, he has to be prepared to be criticised.

Vale Disco - 9/11 was your Waterloo. :'(

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
Don't feel bad about it Rosy, most of us gave Disco a much rougher time. :hihi I'm sorry he feels so bad about it that he's left PRE if he wants to argue this sort of point of view, he has to be prepared to be criticised.

Vale Disco - 9/11 was your Waterloo. :'(
I have a feeling he will be back though. I've lost count of the number of people who have "walked out" of PRE but then come back.

Soda

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2013
I don't agree with his position but reckon he copped plenty of subtle and not so subtle personal digs. He only ever resorted to the personal in response to this.

On the positive side his cafe will probably benefit from the extra focus now.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Come back, Duckman! Come on dude, it's just the internetz. Why so serious?

Do it for Miracle Mike! He should be an inspiration to us all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Soda said:
I don't agree with his position but reckon he copped plenty of subtle and not so subtle personal digs. He only ever resorted to the personal in response to this.

For sure, but a smarter move would have been to dig back, not start throwing round the personal condemnation and righteous indignation. As soon as you've do that you've lost.

I'm reminded of the PR maxim for when you stuff up - "Never complain, never explain". Do anything else and it's pretty clear you've lost your sh!t.

Personally I'd welcome him back with open arms - but like I said to Phantom once, say what you want but don't expect to get a free ride.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
evo said:
Come back, Duckman! Come on dude, it's just the internetz. Why so serious?

Do it for Miracle Mike! He should be an inspiration to us all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
Yeah, it's not the same without you! In fact it's nothing without you! Harry's given up and I can't even remember who the other truthers were! Otherwise I'm going to have to play the part of Disco if you don't, and neither of us want that!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigertim said:
Yeah, it's not the same without you! In fact it's nothing without you! Harry's given up and I can't even remember who the other truthers were! Otherwise I'm going to have to play the part of Disco if you don't, and neither of us want that!

Bullus played the truther role well for a while but then revealed himself as a plant. I think Freezer and L2R2R added fleeting support but more moral support than anything else.

Maybe we could have a roster ?

Soda

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2013
antman said:
For sure, but a smarter move would have been to dig back, not start throwing round the personal condemnation and righteous indignation. As soon as you've do that you've lost.

I thought he did dig back? Not sure righteous indignation is correct either.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Soda said:
I thought he did dig back? Not sure righteous indignation is correct either.

On this matter perhaps it's better that we agree to disagree ;-)

If you still want to proceed I can have a fine assortment of quotes of the duckboy in full on righteous indignation mode up in a few minutes.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe it's best for Patsy, Antman, tigersnake, tigertim and Baloo to head off to Sorrento for some team bonding. ;D

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TigerForce said:
Maybe it's best for Patsy, Antman, tigersnake, tigertim and Baloo to head off to Sorrento for some team bonding. ;D

Too far away fro me. evo can take my place