911 Truth Movement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

911 Truth Movement

Do you think the US government should hold an independent investigation into the events surrounding

• Total voters

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
KnightersRevenge said:
Just because I'm bored:

:stir

http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/09/the-european-scientific-journal-didnt-conclude-911-controlled-demolition/
baddubya11.jpg

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Had some great debates with him over the years. Was a dog to a bone.

Would be even easier with the club going as it is now. ;D

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
KnightersRevenge said:
Just because I'm bored:

:stir

http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/09/the-european-scientific-journal-didnt-conclude-911-controlled-demolition/

The European Scientific Journal didn't say it wasn't a controlled demolition either. They are simply denying they published anything.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
KnightersRevenge said:
I'd say you do. I will always regret any part in played in his departure.

We all played a part in that thread. But FFS, Windowless planes ?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It taught me a lesson, which I half knew at the time but fully know now, there is no point arguing with conspiracy theorists. You can have chapter and verse of facts and logic systematically exposing the theory as false, makes no difference. Its why I mostly stay off the climate change thread.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
tigersnake said:
It taught me a lesson, which I half knew at the time but fully know now, there is no point arguing with conspiracy theorists. You can have chapter and verse of facts and logic systematically exposing the theory as false, makes no difference. Its why I mostly stay off the climate change thread.

Ha ha. You'd think I'd have figured it out wouldn't you?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigersnake said:

I learnt a lot. 1) Conspiracy theorists are nutters. 2) Even someone like Disco08 who lived off stats could be sucked in by troofers.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Baloo said:
I learnt a lot. 1) Conspiracy theorists are nutters. 2) Even someone like Disco08 who lived off stats could be sucked in by troofers.

I think most people are nutters in different ways and to different extents. Conspiracy theorists are just a particular type.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Baloo said:

It's amazing what you find out about people. I was listening to Jon Faine (ordinarily sober and thoughtful - for a morning radio presenter) interview James Rhandi. Everything was going to plan until Rhandi innocently lumped acupuncture in with all the other "woo" that Jon was whole-heartedly agreeing was "woo". The annecdotes began to fly. It was very amusing, Rhandi chose not to bite and just let it go without much fuss but it taught me that most people have something, some area they just can't let go of.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigersnake said:

About halfway through the thread I told him that conspiracy nutters are first criticised by others, but in the end they often choose to ostracise themselves.

Sadly proved true in his case.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
It's amazing what you find out about people. I was listening to Jon Faine (ordinarily sober and thoughtful - for a morning radio presenter) interview James Rhandi. Everything was going to plan until Rhandi innocently lumped acupuncture in with all the other "woo" that Jon was whole-heartedly agreeing was "woo". The annecdotes began to fly. It was very amusing, Rhandi chose not to bite and just let it go without much fuss but it taught me that most people have something, some area they just can't let go of.

ARe you saying Knighter that Faine was fully endorsing acupuncture after dissing other alternative medicines and the like

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
jb03 said:
ARe you saying Knighter that Faine was fully endorsing acupuncture after dissing other alternative medicines and the like

That is exactly what I'm saying JayBee. He sounded as though he thought Rhandi had just made a mistake by referring to acupuncture because obviously acupuncture works. It was funny to listen to but ultimately a little disappointing. People can be completely reasonable but have blindspots. Things that don't come up normally and you just stumble into a conversation with someone you've known for years and BLAM! massive blindspot. Just mention Chiropracters and it sets the cat amongst the pigeons. In fact I think a seperate thread was started to try catch all the stuff was spinning out of this one.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Applied kinesiology & Osteopathy are my two favorite quack alternative medicines. I'm always shocked when someone I know well say they believe in them.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
That is exactly what I'm saying JayBee. He sounded as though he thought Rhandi had just made a mistake by referring to acupuncture because obviously acupuncture works. It was funny to listen to but ultimately a little disappointing. People can be completely reasonable but have blindspots. Things that don't come up normally and you just stumble into a conversation with someone you've known for years and BLAM! massive blindspot. Just mention Chiropracters and it sets the cat amongst the pigeons. In fact I think a seperate thread was started to try catch all the stuff was spinning out of this one.

Cool thanks. IT is always a fun discussion telling a qualified GP (or better) that they are on equal qualification footing with chiropractors

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Another good one is telling qualified architects that they are on equal footing with draftspersons and that they essentially do the same job.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
jb03 said:
Another good one is telling qualified architects that they are on equal footing with draftspersons and that they essentially do the same job.

Architects are allowed to use colour right, whereas a draftsman can only use black.