A friend has the following problem on his PC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A friend has the following problem on his PC

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
What does this mean?

He gets a message that pops up every ten minutes or so but he says it doesn't effect the functions of his PC at all.
Anyway it says.

200424141016_mcinfo.exe

The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library. WS2_32.dll.

So what does all that mean??

smoo

The Tiger Roars Again!
Sep 8, 2003
Melbourne
www.techspeak.biz
Hey TD, don't know what it means, but the mcinfo.exe refers to an executable file. Get you friend to do the following: click on Start menu, click on Search, then type in mcinfo.exe, and see what comes up. I think that the "get addrinfo" refers to address information relating to a file. The 32.dll at the end, I believe that means your friend is running a 32 bit operating system. From what I know, dll files are needed to run most applications. My guess is your friend may have a virus or trojan or possibly a pop-up ad. Get them to go to www.download.com, and they should be able to dowload a trial copy of Trojan Remover to scan for and remove Trojans, and Ad Aware, which is very handy. I run it to get rid of Spyware etc. You might be shocked at just how much you are being tracked on the internet :eek: :eek: :eek: Hope this is of some help.
Cheers,
Smoo.