• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

A-League threads [Merged]

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Is he the former Adelaide guy?
I'm not sure if I like the appintment tbh. Feels too safe. But in saying that, it's very tricky to bring in an overseas coach if he doesn't understand the league. It takes them 6-12 months to work it out. Babbel at WSW is a good example.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It hasn't come with much fanfare, but Monday was the biggest day for the game in Australia since the formation of the A-League. The A-League, W-League, Y-League will now be independant of the FFA. Its my understanding that the model is very similar to what the premier league adopted in 1992. The key points are listed in the below link.

Any Victory transfer rumours Ian?
the big rumour is that we're chasing Shinji Okazaki. He just left Leicester City. But there are a lot of these types of rumours this time of the year. We need to get a move on. We only have a squad of 12-13 and our first FFA cup game is in 5 weeks. It looks like James Troisi is going to Adelaide.