A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Pretty odd outcome from where he was and his importance to City

believe it or not, i agree with Warren Joyce on this. there is a cancer at that club they can't eradicate. Joyce was brought in to erase their toxic culture. Fall n Rolli came back from preseason overweight, which is inexcusable for a marquee player. yes perhaps it might have ben a bit dramatic to refuse to play him at all, but you have to draw a line/set a standard somewhere.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Joyce is the cancer. Appears to have very poor man management skills and promotes a boring game style.

Out Out Out.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Leysy Days said:
Joyce is the cancer. Appears to have very poor man management skills and promotes a boring game style.

Out Out Out.

Correct. Look at the players that have left due to Joyce - Bruno, Kilkenny, Cahill, Budzinski, Brandan, Caceras.

Rumours Brattan also wants out.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
Correct. Look at the players that have left due to Joyce - Bruno, Kilkenny, Cahill, Budzinski, Brandan, Caceras.

Rumours Brattan also wants out.

probably the same players responsible for the toxic culture. funny that.

I've heard rumours Brattan is being courted by Western United.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Craig foster - I was never a huge fan but his work in getting al-araibi freed was sensational. A good article about him in today’s age, he is a man of conviction. A shame he didn’t get a gig with the FFA he may well develop into a very important figure in Australia.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Craig foster - I was never a huge fan but his work in getting al-araibi freed was sensational. A good article about him in today’s age, he is a man of conviction. A shame he didn’t get a gig with the FFA he may well develop into a very important figure in Australia.

Australian of the year. he should run for parliament.

MD Jazz said:
Victory flogged. Off the boil.

i think our lack of cohesion is catching up with us. you can't expect to challenge when you haven't had your best 11 on the pitch all season. and our ACL campaign starts tomorrow night. we really need to grab that second spot.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
absolutely pumped by Saturdays win. I reckon we'll finish second from here.

there is also talk on the weekend about a bid from ch 10 to promote and broadcast games (the weekly game on ch one is actually a slot bought by fox sports and has no tangible link to the 10 network). it could be the boost the ALeague needs.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
At least some positives from the day - pies and victory get beat

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the FFA again showing how amateur they are by not changing venues. the ALeague has always been treated as second class citizen when it comes to surfaces. I hope Terry Antonis sues the crap out of them.

MD Jazz said:
At least some positives from the day - pies and victory get beat

i thought we had them on toast in the second half but couldn't put them away. then they score from a lucky deflection. thats life. second spot gone i'd say. but either way, we were always playing sydney in the semi final. saturday night just determined who will be the home team.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
so the dates and times of the first 2 weeks of the finals are confirmed:

WEEK ONE (all times AEST):
Elimination Final 1: Friday May 3 @ 7:50pm, Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix or Melbourne City at AAMI Park, Melbourne
Elimination Final 2: Sunday May 5 @ 7:00pm, Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix or Melbourne City at Coopers Stadium, Adelaide

WEEK TWO
Semi-final 1: Friday May 10 @ 8.30pm, Perth Glory v Lowest ranked elimination final winner at HBF Park, Perth.
Semi-final 2: Sunday May 12 @ 7:00pm, Sydney FC v Highest ranked elimination final winner at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

Due to the federal election, the Grand Final will has been moved to Sunday May 19, unless Sydney are involved (as they have ACL on Tuesday May 21).

I'm annoyed about the kickoff time in sydney on May 12. No chance of me getting to that game. If it was a 5pm kickoff, I would have flown in and out on the day. no chance of that now.

its almost a certinty its gonna be a derby final next Friday. For this not to happen, City will have to beat CCM, Perth beat Wellington and 6 goals made up. not impossible, but not likely.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
WEEK TWO
Semi-final 1: Friday May 10 @ 8.30pm, Perth Glory v Adelaide United at HBF Park, Perth.
Semi-final 2: Sunday May 12 @ 7:00pm, Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
Victory looked so much better with Honda not stuck on the right wing. Hopefully Troisi starts on the bench on Sunday. Deng stil makes me nervous! But less than Roux and Brown

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
joegarra said:
Victory looked so much better with Honda not stuck on the right wing. Hopefully Troisi starts on the bench on Sunday. Deng stil makes me nervous! But less than Roux and Brown

yeah it was the best we've played in a while. our finals record is second to none. very confident going into this week.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Western United logo. i quite like it tbh.

addc20751d72a2ba5b429ded1ecd1d635763af3f

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Good to see the A League continues with youth development program by signing Scott McDonald.