A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm sure you are a full member and watch every game.
Not a member as the amount we as a family pay for RFC Memberships already causes stress in the household, but I watch as many matches as I can.

But I must say, the response of yours was very John Elliot like

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not a member as the amount we as a family pay for RFC Memberships already causes stress in the household, but I watch as many matches as I can.

But I must say, the response of yours was very John Elliot like

Pigs arse it was

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
$200 million 5 year deal with ch 10 and Paramount+. Rumour has it that ch 10 can't bid for AFL or NRL for the life of the deal, which is an interesting sidenote. It makes me wonder of they are moving to winter...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good deal for the A-League, 40 mill a year which is small potatos compared to AFL, but will keep the comp going.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Good deal for the A-League, 40 mill a year which is small potatos compared to AFL, but will keep the comp going.

they were never gonna get the $57 million they got last time in the current landscape. I thought a realistic target was to top the $100 million, 3-year deal Super Rugby got with Stan Sport. they beat that comfortably, so its a good result. Ch 10/Paramount+ also receive a 2.5% stake in the APL as part of the deal which means its in their best interests to help the game grow.

I am a little disappointed there is only 1 weekly game on FTA, however I would hope that is subject to change. We are expecting to expand to 14 teams in the during the life of the deal

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
$200 million 5 year deal with ch 10 and Paramount+. Rumour has it that ch 10 can't bid for AFL or NRL for the life of the deal, which is an interesting sidenote. It makes me wonder of they are moving to winter...

What does this mean for Kayo Sports?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
they were never gonna get the $57 million they got last time in the current landscape. I thought a realistic target was to top the $100 million, 3-year deal Super Rugby got with Stan Sport. they beat that comfortably, so its a good result. Ch 10/Paramount+ also receive a 2.5% stake in the APL as part of the deal which means its in their best interests to help the game grow.

I am a little disappointed there is only 1 weekly game on FTA, however I would hope that is subject to change. We are expecting to expand to 14 teams in the during the life of the deal
I think there are 2 games on FTA- 1 on a 2nd Ch10 station on a Sunday arvo.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
There aren't. People just talk up city to wind me up.

but congrats to them. As I've said previously, I kinda feel sorry for them because I can’t see them winning the toilet seat with players out due to Socceroos duty. They’re handing it to Sydney on a platter.
No mate. There are city supporters on this board. Some of us even go to games. And, would you believe, some of us are actually foundation members who have been going every week, win, lose or draw, unlike the thousands that have jumped off the Carlton Victory bandwagon. We're just not as self important as you and the rest of the victory support.

All of a sudden, all these dyed in the wool Victory supporters have dropped off because their side is garbage. South Melbourne is drawing more to their NPL games than the Victory.

You know the game existed before 2005-6 right? Even played it on a rectangular pitch and with a round ball....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
All of a sudden, all these dyed in the wool Victory supporters have dropped off because their side is garbage. South Melbourne is drawing more to their NPL games than the Victory.

nice little snipe mate. couldn't help yourself? maybe just enjoy winning the league champ (destroying us twice along the way) and be satisfied with that.

There are many, many reasons why our crowds have dropped off. some of them are justifiable, some of them are not. But we have still averaged more than City, despite you guys winning the league and us stinking it up.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Even in the worst season ever for Victory their average attendance is still higher than Citeh's. By one :cool:

1622095899462.png

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Even in the worst season ever for Victory their average attendance is still higher than Citeh's. By one :cool:

View attachment 12317
Pretty average crowds.

So Wellington got more than half their total attendance in one game?

Will be interesting to see how the A-League goes once the traditional NSL clubs start to get promoted.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Pretty average crowds.

So Wellington got more than half their total attendance in one game?

yes, because they've been playing all their games including home games in Australia due to covid - until that game.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty average crowds.

Its been a tricky season. started with 50% capacity, with more stringent COVID rules than footy. Then the COVID outbreak in Sydney over Xmas coincided with the start of the season and threw the fixture upside down (they should have relocated the Sydney based teams).

Literally not one game has been played on its original fixture. In some rounds, we only knew the fixture 7-10 days in advance. And in typical Peak A-League fashion, they communicated it horribly.

But we are not the only league that suffered with crowds. Its just a sign of the times. I’m sure we’ll return to the 10,000+ average next season. The new TV deal comes with a lot more promotion. People will know when the season starts and when the games are on.

It’s a shame no one has seen any games, because on the park, it has never been better. Exciting open play and a tight run to the finals.

As for Victory, apart from being horrific on the park, I think the biggest issue has been the new membership structure. It was good in theory because we didn’t know if we were able to go to games at the time. But when you have to buy a ticket for every home game… it’s a disincentive to go when you’re not doing well. If we get to a point in the future where we sell out AAMI park every week, this ticketing structure will work very well. But we will have to go back to the traditional structure next season.

I’m also tipping it’ll take Victory a few years to get back to its historical 20,000 average. the club is still on the nose to many fans. It’s a terribly run club at the moment. What we are going through now… many people saw this coming years ago. I’m sure we’ll see a spike in performance on the park with Popa coming in next season, but the off-field issues are still there and isn’t an overnight fix.