A must listen to podcast with Ben Darwin, Dane Swan and Ralph about creating successful sides. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A must listen to podcast with Ben Darwin, Dane Swan and Ralph about creating successful sides.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Brilliant podcast, I've heard similar before and it really does highlight what is important (that doesn't get talked about much) and what isn't important which is all the media and pundits do talk about! You know, "they are not playing for the jumper" stuff that Gaddy Lyon craps on about.

Whilst there is a lot of nuance, it's pretty clear that the good clubs understand this core concept i.e. that cohesion is a significant causal factor of success e.g. Geelong, Richmond

On the other hand the poor clubs seemingly have absolutely no idea e.g. Essendon, North - because they do the opposite to what is required (as Richmond did for 30 years after 1982 as well).

Three fun facts - Alistair Clarkson achieved the expected wins for the Hawks. i.e. he is not a super coach. And Ben Rutten over achieved on expected wins - and was sacked. Same for Ratten when sacked from Carlton.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
The last 5 minutes are a very interesting listen, wholesale changes which Hardwick hates are analytically a very bad idea.
Going off the there analysis we were no chance of winning it this year simply because we had 6 new players.
It makes very interesting listening and a lot of it makes very good sense.

Reactions: 1 user