A Preseason Preview - Part 3 of 16 - Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A Preseason Preview - Part 3 of 16 - Bulldogs

I really like the way you analyse the lists according to height and age, Phanto. It gives structure to the interpretations.

Footscray are in a lot of strife for mine. They currently have nought AFL class kpps. That's a pretty low number. They currently have one emerging young kpp in Walsh. If the other 20-odd-yo pretenders can't get a game here, God help em.

Trading and drafting at this club has been appalling. Sack em all, I say. Scott Clayton has squandered more and better draft choices than Richmond's footy managers combined. And he drafted with them. A joke.

Perhaps Jade, who racked up some misleading numbers playing #3 back for Hawthorn could hold down chb. BTW AFL key forwards only have arse-holes so we have we have a point of reference for Jade Rawlings.

Brian Harris shows some promise and I expect Eade to stretch him to to expand his game. He's got nuts. Okay, maybe one kpp.

Grant is gone. Bandy plays #3 forward okay on his day but has found that people like Andy Kellaway are too much man for him. Darcy can't catch but he'd do if not needed in the ruck where he plays his best footy.

Eade will try to rebuild his Sydney forward model out west but without the class and mass.

Smith must be made to work for a living. Forward. Nick Davis and then some. BTW saw Smith put his body on the line in the pre-season. A long time between drinks. A big improvement. Nice #3 or #4 forward.

Giansiracusa will play attacking wing/hff with a license to kick goals. Cooney will play forward too.

I think Brad Murphy will make a nice flanker but might need a move up the ground to round his game. Koops plays handy footy up forward.

Lotta small options. They'll need space most of the time and to make the most of opportunities afforded them by their fumbling talls.

Bowden will be used in the O'Keefe role. He'll bre pretty good at it. Robbins plays his best footy up forward and he's hard to match up but he's so dumb. Smile, he makes some bad decisions. Kicking can be outrageous.

Where's the primary target(s)? Grant? Probably has to be Darcy for half the game. Bandy and Grant to make do. Minson to try to knock a few defenders around and get a clue or two. I'd give Harrison some chances in a FP. At least he can recover after he spills the mark and hangs on to some.

Power looks average to me, at best. I like the look of Boyd. Hahn is the worst kick in the country.

Johnson will play midfield. There just isn't enough experience without him. Eade looks like doing this. R.Murphy can play back to learn to be good at the caper. Doesn't do nearly enough in the midfield. Possibly the most overrated player in the land. Never understood the fuss about Faulkner. Delighted we didn't get Gilbee. Leper. Can't kick if anybody in the stands coughs. A cheap Heath Black, who's cheap enough anyway. McMahon is a last resort. Hargrave is not good enough. I prefer McGuinnes who has confidence problems. (Although Eade has suggested he'll use him forward.)

Eagleton continues to improve and will be under less pressure. He'll kick some goals.

Williams may get a game by default. If Walsh can play at all he'll start on the park.

Trying to get a line-up:

FB R.Murphy Harris Rawlings
HB Boyd T.Walsh S.Power
C Eagleton West Cooney
HF Giansir. Bowden Ray
FF R.Smith Grant Koops
R Darcy B.Johnson Hahn

I Bandy Minson Gilbee
B.Murphy Cross Birss

Eade will manufacture some results with tactical brilliance and a versatile and unpredictable midfield setup. Don't let them fool you. This team has no talls.