A quick little bake... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A quick little bake...

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
No, I'm not talking about Liam.

I just wanna give a bit of a bake to the Melbourne based tiger supporters.

Where are you?

50,000 at the G tonight is pathetic, especially considering how many Doggies were there.

We were louder, but not by lots.

What's the deal? Too many premierships? Can't be stuffed with ticketek? General COVID stress?

Tonight was one of the best games I've been to in our dynasty, finals excluded. Probably the best win I've experienced outside of finals.

Come from behind. Against the wall. Half the midfield out. No Dusty. Against an undefeated side. No Vlossy. Captain injured. Doggies on the rise. Friday night, pristine weather, prime time. Season defining. 50,000?

I get it, things are different. Some people doing it tough. But we shoulda had 80,000.

For those who just can't be stuffed, know that your absence is felt. By the club's bottom line and the players on the field.

So if you can, get there!

Come on people!
Would have thought the trip from Coburg wouldn't have been that difficult

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Ticketek are not releasing bays in order to fill up the bays they have released. So you have to sit up in the heavens at the back of lvl 4 when much better seats are available.
I don’t know that it’s a Ticketek decision - they’re just told what the limit on numbers is. Ground management would decide to keep sections closed to minimise opening bars and facilities - keeping staffing to a minimum. As a result everyone is crammed in like a normal game.
So much for COVID considerations determining crowd numbers - what a farce.

Reactions: 3 users

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Was a great game to be at, agreed a great fighting win. All the talk on the radio on the way home was about ticketing, how hard and how expensive it is. Seems to be turning a lot of people off

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Ticketek are not releasing bays in order to fill up the bays they have released. So you have to sit up in the heavens at the back of lvl 4 when much better seats are available.
This.

I get vertigo when I sit up the top. My head spins, I feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat and onto the ground.
So I log on to get a ticket, spend an hour refreshing to try find a better seat. Nothing on ground, or level 2 I'm told.

Watch the game on TV - empty seats in those areas galore.

I've paid my membership, club has my money. I've spent a truckload at the Tigers store.
Not sure me showing up on a Friday night is an accurate sign that I don't support the club.

Reactions: 5 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne

Where are you?

50,000 at the G tonight is pathetic, especially considering how many Doggies were there.

What's the deal? Too many premierships? Can't be stuffed with ticketek? General COVID stress?

Tonight was one of the best games I've been to in our dynasty, finals excluded. Probably the best win I've experienced outside of finals.

Come from behind. Against the wall. Half the midfield out. No Dusty. Against an undefeated side. No Vlossy. Captain injured. Doggies on the rise. Friday night, pristine weather, prime time. Season defining. 50,000?

I get it, things are different. Some people doing it tough. But we shoulda had 80,000.

For those who just can't be stuffed, know that your absence is felt. By the club's bottom line and the players on the field.

Come on people!
Friday night was an important date for Greek Easter, you know how many Tiger supporters are Greek.
To further the point the club allowed a certain high profile Greek supporter to get our 2020 cup blessed.export1619871278808 (002).jpg

Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This.

I get vertigo when I sit up the top. My head spins, I feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat and onto the ground.
So I log on to get a ticket, spend an hour refreshing to try find a better seat. Nothing on ground, or level 2 I'm told.

I've paid my membership, club has my money. I've spent a truckload at the Tigers store.
Not sure me showing up on a Friday night is an accurate sign that I don't support the club.

The empty seats I saw on the TV coverage, in bays I could buy, combined with the large number of Footscray supporters in the Roaming Tiger bays, really gave me the s***s.

There was what seemed to be a very large group up the front in M1 and they were mostly Dogs' supporters. When and how did they get those tickets? I tried so many times and they were never available, not when the tickets went on sale and not a couple of hours before the game or at any time in between.

There is no way that I was seeing the seats which were actually available and I just want to know why.

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yep, agree. I thought it looked crowded outside before the game, but once inside was disappointed.

Where are the fans who are not there, where are all our members?

Not being able to buy tickets until a few days before the game is frustrating but it isn't the end of the world. Gotta turn up.

DS
The issue is not that you can't buy tickets weeks ahead it's that you have to buy them at all. Whether you are RFC, MCC or AFL just turning up scanning your ticket and finding a seat is how we have Been going to the footy for decades.

This forum seems to be heavily populated by 3121 and other reserved ticket holders. Huge financial backers of the club but maybe only 5-10% of the membership base.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The way the draw is now makes it hard for some people to get off work. Been a nurse I need to know more than 6 weeks out when the game is been played.
Excellent point. And that is for games in your home state. Trying to book an interstate game us a joke... could be fri sat or sun .. Don't know until gill dictates I need to know.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
This.

Not sure me showing up on a Friday night is an accurate sign that I don't support the club.Sq
This.

All clubs are offering "free" seats in *smile* positions hoping you will cough up for premium locations. So I can understand why people say no thanks I will stay ho,e and watch it for free.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The empty seats I saw on the TV coverage, in bays I could buy, combined with the large number of Footscray supporters in the Roaming Tiger bays, really gave me the s***s.

There was what seemed to be a very large group up the front in M1 and they were mostly Dogs' supporters. When and how did they get those tickets? I tried so many times and they were never available, not when the tickets went on sale and not a couple of hours before the game or at any time in between.

There is no way that I was seeing the seats which were actually available and I just want to know why.

DS
Because our club needs the moolah.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
we we’re still able to get seats 5 rows from the ground just hours before the game Anzac Day eve , no doubt this ticketing system is stopping some from going to the game. We experienced first hand at the Saints game how bad the random ticketing can be.

Of the 52k there Friday night , had to be atleast 40k Tiges , bit like us the Dogs dont cross Spencer st at night

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Much easier to get a ticket and sit where you want to now.

I was able to choose the section and bay when I booked my ticket, with my GA membership for free with no upgrades.

And once in the bay, most people are just sitting where they want.

There was one whole wedge of level four without a single soul in it. Looked weird, but at least people are able to fill up the good seats first now.
I don’t find that at all. I kept clicking for better seats and it kept giving me the same location. I do prefer to sit higher up as I find I can see more of the play. I’m curious to know why the top deck of the Olympic stand wasn’t opened. I looked through my binoculars and the only 2 people that I saw in that whole area were police. I found it amusing that they had cops in an empty stand. I also did notice that for the first time this year they didn’t put up the “ social distancing “ ads ( although I may have missed it). I don’t understand why they can’t open to 100% capacity when they are cramming everyone into certain areas while keeping other sections empty. I’ve been to every game this year except the port game and in each game I was seated next to total strangers. If they’re doing that then what’s the point of not having 100% capacity available?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Where are you?

Come on people!
Firstly the extra the AFL charges to get a decent seat is a disgrace.
They are trying to get as much money back this year as possible by charging $40-$70 for a seat upgrade.
And Friday night was Orthodox Easter. 30% of our supporters would be Greek