A subtle message from Peggy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A subtle message from Peggy

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
... along the lines of 'clean up your own grubby backyard before poking your nose into ours'.

Could this be a continuation of what seems to be a concerted effort (first Gale, then Hardwick, then Balme, now O'Neal) to remind the AFL of its role as a servant of the clubs and not the opposite? I have the sense all clubs have had enough of the AFL's secrecy, rules-on-the-run, dysfunctional MRO/tribunal, boys-led culture.

For those unable to access the article, here are the key quotes from the president:

“I think ... if reports like that were coming out of my club, I would want to get to the bottom of it. I would want to know how it was not made public or wasn’t as transparent.”

“I think it is a concern. I don’t have any of the facts … but it’s a terrible concern in a time when we want the sport to be open and welcoming to everyone that there are women who allegedly have been treated poorly and if I were the AFL Commission I would want to get to it as quickly as possible.”

Whack.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
expect some more umpire reaming and player fines coming our way

Reactions: 5 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Oh dear. Another week of new rules against us and no frees for us.
Go hard Tigers, turn this mob over.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL to screw harder on the RFC you betcha.

We aint coming back to Victoria till 2024

• Haha

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
OK guys, I guess the 20 frees to 6 at half time wasn't enough as a warning.I want to see 30 to 3 at halftime.That should shut them up.Oh and extra gratis for ignoring head high tackles .....................A bit of rough and tumble in the office when you get back.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There's no doubt we're in conflict with the AFL. Good. As a club, we've always been at our best when angry. Give it to them Richmond....

Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's no doubt we're in conflict with the AFL. Good. As a club, we've always been at our best when angry. Give it to them Richmond....
If it's a deliberate tactic then you have to assume we've felt that the lobbying we've been doing behind the scenes has got us nowhere and will get us nowhere.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If it's a deliberate tactic then you have to assume we've felt that the lobbying we've been doing behind the scenes has got us nowhere and will get us nowhere.
Exactly. I understand that to be the case. We've tried the diplomatic approach and that has sent us back even further on a number issues. Gloves off now it seems.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

You can't fight City Hall as they say. Well you can, but you won't win. I fought the law but the law won. I shot the sherrif but I did not shoot the deputy.

Still, a useful backs-to-wall everone is against us mentality served us well last year, this could be the method to the madness.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
It’s great Peggy has a regular time slot on ABC on Friday mornings? - not sure if it is every week but if it means she can mix it up and land the odd jab on the AFL jaw, land a couple of low blows and then wait for the knock out punch - go for it Peggy.

They AFL are corrupt, biased, flimsy, inconsistent, self centred so I love it if we can clean them out - they need it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good on Peggy, when it comes to integrity, she leaves Gill and his cronies for dead.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I like that we‘re raising some questions publicly.

We definitely have to be smarter and more careful than some other big clubs have in the past because you can get burnt playing with fire - and the AFL have been flicking matches at us here and there directly or indirectly (rule changes and interpretations, lopsided free kick counts that defy statistical probability, media hatchet jobs, MRP results, fines. And how PO’d did Gil look when we won last year. That was sweet).

But screw them. Their integrity is in tatters and ours is superior. eg Their rule change philosophy goes from “we won’t bring in anything untrialled” to “Richmond won again so let’s rush in yet another set of changes because the last ones we panicked and made up on the run didn’t stop them”
AFL is in need of a clean out.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just a nice little tap with a glove ......full of lead.

Tiger Queen Peggy and the Chief exposing the wankers.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Rather fight City Hall than be silent victims.

Also makes me think we are absolutely united as a club, this isn’t our leaders shooting from the hip, we are willing to lose a few battles to show that we won‘t be pushed around. That’s what I want from leadership, strong, united and calculated.

Reactions: 21 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Rather fight City Hall than be silent victims.

Also makes me think we are absolutely united as a club, this isn’t our leaders shooting from the hip, we are willing to lose a few battles to show that we won‘t be pushed around. That’s what I want from leadership, strong, united and calculated.
Well said Scooper

Reactions: 1 user