Acadamy players all clubs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acadamy players all clubs

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
we need a lot more information on other clubs acadamy players, its becoming a huge issue, gws are facing several prospects and have 4-5 first round picks coming in 2016,and they will almost certaintly trade out more surplus players to get points, it could become outside of their first two years a amazing injection of quality kids, but they really dont need them, its giving acadamy clubs huge advantages in which they almost 100% know whats coming to them,while non acadamy clubs have to guess and hope, even lions have a better chance of list building quicker as a result of this advantage, we must get some top talent which we cant seem to do, we only get a player no body wants.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What's happening with the zones they allocated a few months ago?

And you make a good point. GWS can trade out 2 or 3 B and C graders for low draft picks and accumulate points to pick A grader. Like us trading Batchelor, Elton, and mcintosh for a top 5 elite junior.

The clubs have been caught napping again.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
gws acadamy coached by jason sadington and they have got squads for under16,s and squads for u/18,s, they seem to play against a sydney acadamy side,gws has 24 such kids in u/18s, and similar in u/16,s, thats effectivly 50 kids in which you will always find a player or two or several at this point for gws.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
jokershoppe said:
gws acadamy coached by jason sadington and they have got squads for under16,s and squads for u/18,s, they seem to play against a sydney acadamy side,gws has 24 such kids in u/18s, and similar in u/16,s, thats effectivly 50 kids in which you will always find a player or two or several at this point for gws.
Yep. But it's 'equivalent' to father-son, which we haven't had for over a decade.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
spook said:
Yep. But it's 'equivalent' to father-son, which we haven't had for over a decade.

and they get a 25% discount which we dont and have 50 extra kids on the books.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
jokershoppe said:
and they get a 25% discount which we dont and have 50 extra kids on the books.
Na, think it's the same discount now after a stink about it. But still.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
2015 nov Draft academy kids were 25 percent discount I thought , this is equal to multiple father sons but every year, gws is looking st 4-7 academy kids this year; ;and they have 4-5 first round picks in the draft; but just as important is knowing who your getting allready and this is the biggest advantage of them all, the ability to know whats coming months and months earlier than we can.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There are about 10 GWS academy boys that I reckon could go in the top 50 this year. They are going to destroy this draft and will trade out some overrated dead wood.

Will Settlefield is a top five, top ten pick that goes to Caulfield Grammar, plays at Sandringham and is linked to the GWS. He lived in Albury!

Pretty sure Albury ahs been a thriving footballing community for 50 years. The GWS academy is annoying so many in club land and there will be a up roar at some stage this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-08/draft-loophole-under-threat-as-afl-reviews-points-system

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Good to see footy classifieds start telling the footy world about gws ridiculous best ever takent pool for one club, its says something when they dont any longer have any recruiters looking in Wa; Sa,, as they dont need anyone in those two states with their richly talented area including a long time afl area.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
SCOOP said:
There are about 10 GWS academy boys that I reckon could go in the top 50 this year. They are going to destroy this draft and will trade out some overrated dead wood.

Will Settlefield is a top five, top ten pick that goes to Caulfield Grammar, plays at Sandringham and is linked to the GWS. He lived in Albury!

Pretty sure Albury ahs been a thriving footballing community for 50 years. The GWS academy is annoying so many in club land and there will be a up roar at some stage this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-08/draft-loophole-under-threat-as-afl-reviews-points-system

gee, it was really hard to see that 'loophole' coming :p. I thought the whole point was to create the ruse to favour the recipient clubs? Total rort. It should just be you can match any bids with your pick from that round, full stop. This way its 2,3,4 bites of the cherry. I hate it.

remember on PRE when we used to joke at trade time about bundling-up half a dozen dud players and swap for 1 good one? This system has enabled them to do just that, an actual joke!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The concessions given to GWS in particular are killing the game. One day the attack on the footy heartland by the AFL will come back and bite them as people walk away in droves. Now North want access to the best Tassie kids as well.

It's the reason why if Richmond was not in the AFL I would just give it away all together.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sintiger said:
The concessions given to GWS in particular are killing the game. One day the attack on the footy heartland by the AFL will come back and bite them as people walk away in droves. Now North want access to the best Tassie kids as well.

It's the reason why if Richmond was not in the AFL I would just give it away all together.

You're not alone.

I will probably downgrade my membership next year. I'm not going to pay top dollar for a competition where my club has no hope in the name of expanding the game.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
And GWS have 3 first round picks this year, Carlton and Collingwoods and their own, which will both be early. And if they get even 1 let alone 2 round 1 standard player from their academy, that's 2 or 3 top 10s or 4 or 5 top 20s on top of what they already have, game over.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
TO SAY its *smile* is a understatement, but others are only just behind with their academys , sydney snared top 5 mids issac heeney, calum mills, no matter what the reason, bottom line is that perenial top 4 club sydney puts a BIGGER CAP BETWEEN THEIE TALENT and ours.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
When gws adds minimum of 5 players maybe 7-8, , then some decent quality will cime out that probably will earn them around 2-3 rounds at worst, a couple may get them first rounders, holy f, they don't need anymore or this comp will become unwinnable for clubs like richmond through talent drainage.

Oct 20, 2006
MelBun
tigersnake said:
gee, it was really hard to see that 'loophole' coming :p. I thought the whole point was to create the ruse to favour the recipient clubs? Total rort. It should just be you can match any bids with your pick from that round, full stop. This way its 2,3,4 bites of the cherry. I hate it.

remember on PRE when we used to joke at trade time about bundling-up half a dozen dud players and swap for 1 good one? This system has enabled them to do just that, an actual joke!

You hit the nail on the head. Everyone knows it. Everyone in the industry other than GWS and certain people at AFL HQ hate it.

The argument being given is that they need a strong GWS to break into the Sydney West area.... sure - by having 0 INTEGRITY. Well done. They are basically cheating the system - legal cheating is what it is.

GWS deserve some credit ... list management has been exceptional. That said - the odds are so stacked in their favor it is incredible.

Essendon players take some potentially performance enhancing substances that could give them the edge and rightly or wrongly get a years ban. GWS gets gifted the performance enhancements that come naturally with early picks and it is endorsed by the AFL.

I asked someone today, which list, apart from GWS would you take on talent - the list that would be runner up most to GWS over the next 5-10 years. They have a scary good young list that can trade away talents like Treloar, Boyd etc and still win.

They have something like 30 First Round Picks on their list - they have salary cap issues. All that means is more trading for the talent in the Riverena region making them good for another few years each time they add a gun.

I think it is fair to not laugh at someone who things GWS will dominate for 15 years with their current talent pool.

Those who make the Grand Final - you have won the legitimate premiership.

GWS - you may be good to watch - but you have legally cheated to get there and so I will not be counting any of your premierships....

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
in full agreement, the afl has given all teams a loaded gun with one bullet in it, but gws has 6 bullets in their chamber, and AFL announce, the WINNER WILL BE, who fires thev most bullets.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
The Giants have made some changes. They've moved Luke Power into a recruiting role and it will be his job to act as a conduit between the academy and the club. The Giants intend to do more to involve player families. They have set up a mentoring program involving their current players. They have 650 kids in their academy from 11-18, 50 part-time staff and three full-time coaches inc

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-there-should-be-more-shade-in-the-giants-academy-debate-20160511-gosvjp.html#ixzz4CwtceB2O
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
bloody hell, the advantage is huge,their own pyramid of talent.