Acadamy players all clubs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acadamy players all clubs

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The AFL stopped being a competition over a decade back and became AFL theatre, that's all it is.
How could you call a 'competition' as loaded as this anything else.

Why not just have a level drafting scenario and let them start each game with 8 goals on the board, or would that be too transparent?

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
frickenel said:
The AFL stopped being a competition over a decade back and became AFL theatre, that's all it is.
How could you call a 'competition' as loaded as this anything else.

Why not just have a level drafting scenario and let them start each game with 8 goals on the board, or would that be too transparent?

speak to many footy members through my business, and many more than i even thought are going to, less games as a result of academys, and plenty were cats, bulldog fans.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
here we are end of season, and gws,sydney have widened the gap from us and many other vic clubs,how the *smile* do u catch such massive advantages, knowing as far out as 5 years before drafting players, that their yours, sydney would 100 PERCENT have known were getting two guns young mids,2015,2016, lets draft for other needs around them, we cant *smile* do that,were competing with a arm tied behind our back.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
There is no catching up unless you do 5 years on the bottom and clear out 4-5 good players and get every one of your picks right. In other words we are fkd.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
and afl is basically your 19th club whom will allways favour new clubs and non footy states, takes us for granted.

Oct 20, 2006
MelBun
Harry said:
What's happening with the zones they allocated a few months ago?

And you make a good point. GWS can trade out 2 or 3 B and C graders for low draft picks and accumulate points to pick A grader. Like us trading Batchelor, Elton, and mcintosh for a top 5 elite junior.

The clubs have been caught napping again.

Couldn't agree more. Though I'll raise you that the clubs know about it, dislike it and are at the mercy of the AFLs whim to gift as many wins to the eastern seaboard teams(esp Giants) as they cam.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
TigersYellowAndBlack said:
Couldn't agree more. Though I'll raise you that the clubs know about it, dislike it and are at the mercy of the AFLs whim to gift as many wins to the eastern seaboard teams(esp Giants) as they cam.
given the AFL often get thier own way, were the Clubs keen on the idea or pushed into being keen on it?
surely tyhe Clubs could see what the end result would be & it hurts them all in the long term

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Been told tonight there is a Sudanese boy who is 16 from Sheperaton , name of Dang who is a ripper who we will be able to list....this dosent come from the RFC

MurrayValleyTiger

Another Famous Loss? Please, Not Again!
Jan 19, 2005
Cobram
Ajak Dang He will be a bottom aged Murray Bushranger in 2017! Certainly a bit to work with here but don't believe he can be listed in 2017.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
MurrayValleyTiger said:
Ajak Dang He will be a bottom aged Murray Bushranger in 2017! Certainly a bit to work with here but don't believe he can be listed in 2017.
I'm not quite sure how the new academy works MVT, however I'm sure it starts next year so we must be some chance to pre list him. Have you seen him play ?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
MurrayValleyTiger said:
Perfect fit then, the whole purpose of the academy system is for clubs to put some development work into the kids so they can earn the discount on promising youngsters.
Unlike some of the kids that GWS have been collecting just because they once passed through regional NSW.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
we have to give birth to our academy picks while gws, gcs etc can adopt just about anyone, pricks.