Acts of kindness and other good things people do | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acts of kindness and other good things people do

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
pretty self explanatory.

post 'em here. big and small

come and read them when you need a little faith in humanity boost

Reactions: 5 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
My local IGA was the first to implement the early opening for pensioners and disabled shoppers. And it seems one of the few prepared to greet the shoppers with stocked shelves - the owner thought ahead and sourced TP from catering company

There's also a local woman running a Facebook group to organise people to get in touch with elderly neighbours to help them out

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
My local IGA was the first to implement the early opening for pensioners and disabled shoppers. And it seems one of the few prepared to greet the shoppers with stocked shelves - the owner thought ahead and sourced TP from catering company

There's also a local woman running a Facebook group to organise people to get in touch with elderly neighbours to help them out

Glad someone did something like that!

Wonderful person !

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Some of my Mum's neighbours are helping each other with sharing necessities.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive got 2.

1. my folks are 80 and 1600km from me and snake. neighbours on all 3 sides called in to check on them and offer to shop, whatever. folks stoked.

2. a friend works in retail and feeling vulnerable and anxious about income. her landlord (private rental) sent her a message saying 'if your income dries up, don't worry, well work out a rent deferment or reduction or something that works. you can count on a roof over your head.'

Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Ive got 2.

1. my folks are 80 and 1600km from me and snake. neighbours on all 3 sides called in to check on them and offer to shop, whatever. folks stoked.

2. a friend works in retail and feeling vulnerable and anxious about income. her landlord (private rental) sent her a message saying 'if your income dries up, don't worry, well work out a rent deferment or reduction or something that works. you can count on a roof over your head.'

Great stuff!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I reckon people on here should be posting ( not to big head themselves ) but keep our spirit up and the spirit within us what they are doing.

This would be uplifting !

I believe and feel it’s true.
We are a decent, kind hearted, warm, funny at times people on PRE. With compassion & generosity.

I truly believe it’s got to do with our age demographic. Could be wrong.

I wanted to see whether my hunch is right and doing a poll to see what PRE age profile is but this thing and other stuff is playing on my mind and taking a lot of my positive energy away!

Anyway that’s my thought on this topic.

We are good people but sometimes you wonder out there!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just received a call from my mum's dental surgery to check if she needs any essentials. ..
Told the young lady she's all good at the moment and she said to tell my mum, ....."Don't hesitate to call if she needs something."
Apparently calling all their elderly patients and asking the same question.

My faith in humanity has been restored:)

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just posted this on another thread.
Picking up a mate who's flying in from NZ this arvo.
There's only been 11 cases over there so far.
I'm not sure how good a mate he would've been if there had been 23,000 active cases like there is in Italy.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just received a call from my mum's dental surgery to check if she needs any essentials. ..
Told the young lady she's all good at the moment and she said to tell my mum, ....."Don't hesitate to call if she needs something."
Apparently calling all their elderly patients and asking the same question.

My faith in humanity has been restored:)

Wonderful thing to hear acc!
Same with my mums local pharmacy!
Mum takes a lot of medication so she was concerned about her medication, if it were available.
They called to reassure her all is good.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The good man above was kind to me this morning.
I had not long finished fertilising our mango and avocado trees when it started to rain.:banana

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im only gonna read this thread and footy I think.

about to have a nice 8 year old dark rum on a solitary ice cube.

pretty sure the world will be choccas with kindness before the IceCube melts.

keep em comin' fellas. big and small.

people are good

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A medico friend sent me an internal hospital memo describing all sorts of diagnosis/symptoms/treatments of covid-19

she highlighted a bit that (paraphrased) says 'the virus sits in the throat for a few days and then migrates to the lungs, where it becomes serious. The virus can be reduced significantly in the throat by drinking lots of hot liquids (soups, tea etc) AND DISTILLED SPIRITS AND VINEGAR, such as rum' (I added that last bit)

straight away sent it mr.EZ and told her I had a bit of a tickle in the throat and could she pick up a box of prescription from Dan Murphys.

jeepers people are kind

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A medico friend sent me an internal hospital memo describing all sorts of diagnosis/symptoms/treatments of covid-19

she highlighted a bit that (paraphrased) says 'the virus sits in the throat for a few days and then migrates to the lungs, where it becomes serious. The virus can be reduced significantly in the throat by drinking lots of hot liquids (soups, tea etc) AND DISTILLED SPIRITS AND VINEGAR, such as rum' (I added that last bit)

straight away sent it mr.EZ and told her I had a bit of a tickle in the throat and could she pick up a box of prescription from Dan Murphys.

jeepers people are kind

Aah well, I suppose I'll just have to take one for the team and start drinking Whisky every night. It's a tough ask but someone has to make the sacrifice.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dangerous drinkin all that hot tea n soup stuff, ya might spill some n parboil yaself. Vinegar tastes like *smile* ( unless it's on a bit of flake or chips ) That leaves the distilled spirits n there's heaps of flavours to chose from, just no drivin once ya started sippin.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Aah well, I suppose I'll just have to take one for the team and start drinking Whisky every night. It's a tough ask but someone has to make the sacrifice.

DS

You keep sacrificing that "e". It's Whiskey, brother. Uisce beatha. Make friends with your vowels. Add random ones to words. And remember to always expirate on your haitches.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Local Woolies has a stack of boxes to reuse for you groceries.

someone put a sign on the stack saying 'free toilet paper'

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
That leaves the distilled spirits n there's heaps of flavours to chose from, just no drivin once ya started sippin.

Not that I would advice anyone to booze and cruise, but your odds of not getting busted are a lot better at the moment.

Police forces in Western Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland this week confirmed their officers will avoid carrying out high-volume booze bus testing, instead relying on targeted testing to catch those driving under the influence.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’ve got an immune disorder and some friends here in Darwin are looking after me with shopping help. that is a blessing

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
< Golf | Movies >