Acts of kindness and other good things people do | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acts of kindness and other good things people do

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You keep sacrificing that "e". It's Whiskey, brother. Uisce beatha. Make friends with your vowels. Add random ones to words. And remember to always expirate on your haitches.

It's not quite that simple, see this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joemic...y-or-whiskey-and-why-it-matters/#51d03ea77561

Certainly much simpler to ignore the spelling and just drink the good stuff, like this:

Ardbeg%20Corryvreckan%20blanc.jpg

or this:

product_image_450x450.png

Who cares about the spelling, might have some of that Ardbeg now, haven't had the Redbreast for a few years but it sure was nice.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haven't tried that one, hope it's good.

Maybe I should have some Irish tonight, there are a couple here I'll have to see what I have :)

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
we really have come a very long way as a society on inclusivity and diversity

in a relatively short space of time

sure, there's a way to go,

but I reckon this is quite incredible.

I love a good redemption story, when people bottom out, then find happiness.

very tricky question: does Dani Laidley qualify, in any part thereof, as the first woman to coach an AFL senior mens team?

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Nurses in general obviously but after a recent personal experience, the nurses at the Olivia Newton John Cancer & Wellness Centre in Heidelberg were off the charts unbelievably good.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just a small one….

Had a big endo today. Walking across a zebra crossing in the wet with a pair of sliders on, carrying a heap of stuff. Slipped on the greasy paint, went down big time, made all the worse by having knee surgery recently.

Two people saw it, came running, asked me if I was ok, picked up all my stuff for me, helped me up on my dodgy legs etc. Made sure to thank them.

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
How inspiring is Nedd Brockmann

Just raised $1.6 million to fight homelessness by running across Australia. Amount is still climbing.

I just donated $20. Least I could do.

Check out his story here if you don’t know it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/more-s...d/news-story/85032ee0396ba3cd88cc0421bdb319fe
What a magnificent achievement. Almost beyond comprehension, both for the personal sacrifice he put his body through and the amount raised. Raising awareness of homelessness and generating funds for that cause.

Small rant coming….

As an aside, I find it an abomination that in this day and age, in this magnificent country people are homeless. I know some choose this ”lifestyle” but many don’t have any other options.
That and the many people who rely on aid for food for their families. At least there are some terrific organisations that are set up to assist these folk. ( I do some volunteer work getting Foodbank goods to those in need and it’s mind blowing how many, especially single mothers who are need).

Surely these issues should be brought front and centre to respective federal and state governments to prioritise aid and set up planning to alleviate these issues. We seem to have $ millions/ billions to throw around the world or the waste in government spending could be put to better use for our citizens in need. We don’t need a talkfest but more action
Its a pity all media don’t highlight these issues and press the governments for action.

Reactions: 6 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
  • Wow

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What a magnificent achievement. Almost beyond comprehension, both for the personal sacrifice he put his body through and the amount raised. Raising awareness of homelessness and generating funds for that cause.

Small rant coming….

As an aside, I find it an abomination that in this day and age, in this magnificent country people are homeless. I know some choose this ”lifestyle” but many don’t have any other options.
That and the many people who rely on aid for food for their families. At least there are some terrific organisations that are set up to assist these folk. ( I do some volunteer work getting Foodbank goods to those in need and it’s mind blowing how many, especially single mothers who are need).

Surely these issues should be brought front and centre to respective federal and state governments to prioritise aid and set up planning to alleviate these issues. We seem to have $ millions/ billions to throw around the world or the waste in government spending could be put to better use for our citizens in need. We don’t need a talkfest but more action
Its a pity all media don’t highlight these issues and press the governments for action.
Good post Willo. Not many choose it though. Heavily related to mental health issues, domestic violence and addiction.

Agree that there are simply are not enough resources devoted to this area. Multiple studies have been done and reports released on solutions but nothing changes much.
Growing up you assume everyone has a roof over their head, a full stomach and a warm bed to sleep in.

Kudos for your volunteering.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Small rant coming….

I was lucky enough to do some volunteering with Foodbank a few years ago (pre pandemic). They gave a stat (I can't remember the number but it was way way higher than I thought it would be) of the number of kids in Australia who don't know where their next meal is coming from.

Wasted government spending is nigh on criminal when it could be spent better in these areas so totally agree with you. I donate money monthly to charities that I feel passionately about and would love to add Foodbank to this, maybe I will mix up my donations, but I know all charities need our money. I currently give to both MSF and Unicef which I feel are very important but do think I should switch or rebalance to include something local and Foodbank would be number 1 for me having seen exactly what they do.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was lucky enough to do some volunteering with Foodbank a few years ago (pre pandemic). They gave a stat (I can't remember the number but it was way way higher than I thought it would be) of the number of kids in Australia who don't know where their next meal is coming from.

Wasted government spending is nigh on criminal when it could be spent better in these areas so totally agree with you. I donate money monthly to charities that I feel passionately about and would love to add Foodbank to this, maybe I will mix up my donations, but I know all charities need our money. I currently give to both MSF and Unicef which I feel are very important but do think I should switch or rebalance to include something local and Foodbank would be number 1 for me having seen exactly what they do.
I support both Foodbank and the Smith family Mr P. The Smith Family does a great job providing sponsorship for individual kids from struggling families.

My only problem with Foodbank is that I have given regular donations but the inundate me with messages, emails and letters which is totally unnecessary

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Amnesty International, Cancer Council and P Mac, the Heart Foundation and Carlton United Breweries for me.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just wanted to mention the PRE faithful who despite Karen Kornes having a direct dig at Richmond supporters, it didn't rate a mention here or bump his thread.

Great to see.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
The woman who, one by one, swam out and saved three people in trouble in the surf near Apollo Bay.
What a massive effort. Legend

RIP to the one young bloke who didn’t make it :cry:

Reactions: 9 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The woman who, one by one, swam out and saved three people in trouble in the surf near Apollo Bay.
What a massive effort. Legend

RIP to the one young bloke who didn’t make it :cry:

The heroic tag gets thrown around a lot these days but this lady epitomises what it means to be a hero. Put her life on the line to try and save not 1, not 2 but 3 people in trouble.

< Golf | Movies >