Advice needed | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Advice needed

CluelessPom

Tiger Cub
May 27, 2023
Hi everyone.
I'm in Melbourne soon for a few days before going to see my daughter in Brisbane. I have never seen a game nor been to the MCG but am looking to go to the St Kilda game so need advice on where is best to sit for the game and where to go for pre game atmosphere.

Many thanks
Paul

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I’m in the minority and love sitting on the top level - dead set with the centre circle. Can see every view and makes you appreciate the coliseum. Need good eyesight though. The Pulman for few beers

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
For this game even if you have a reserved seat you can move around the mcg levels. For a first timer bottom.deck.where you can feel the impact of body on body.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I prefer the bottom deck, you see just how hard the game is, how big the ground is and how far the players run. There is something to be said for the higher up perspective as you can see positioning better. I tend to be behind the goals and you see certain aspects of the positioning there, and other aspects when on a flank or wing.

Just go along and enjoy, Australian Football is a great spectator sport.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hi everyone.
I'm in Melbourne soon for a few days before going to see my daughter in Brisbane. I have never seen a game nor been to the MCG but am looking to go to the St Kilda game so need advice on where is best to sit for the game and where to go for pre game atmosphere.

Many thanks
Paul
M1 to M4 ground level punt road end.
You will remember it for a very long time.
No other seat comes close and I have sat every where at the G.

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Ground level M, Punt Road end, I prefer flank rather than pocket, and the London tavern pregame. Richmond club hotel post game. Train and tram in easy reach.

Reactions: 2 users

CluelessPom

Tiger Cub
May 27, 2023
Ground level M, Punt Road end, I prefer flank rather than pocket, and the London tavern pregame. Richmond club hotel post game. Train and tram in easy reach.

M1 to M4 ground level punt road end.
You will remember it for a very long time.
No other seat comes close and I have sat every where at the G.
Do I need a reserved seat or will General Admission allow me to sit here. Thanks