AFL and Channel Seven in Bed Together | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL and Channel Seven in Bed Together

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I choked on my cereal this morning when I opened the newspaper (see attached article).
The AFL and Channel 7 are just gagging for GWS to win the grand final. The television coverage is going to be pretty biased.
They both reckon it will be "tremendous for business" if GWS win the GF.
The Tigers will stick it up the corrupt AFL and Channel 7 will be weeping in its dwindling stock market shares price when Richmond receives the premiership cup from Maureen Hafey.
Go Tigers

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
funny the guy that wrote it - Chip Le Grand?? - writes about "crime, sport and national affairs, with a particular focus on Melbourne". Tosser. anyway the article is tripe and gives me another reason to hope we smash them.

Reactions: 1 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
I choked on my cereal this morning when I opened the newspaper (see attached article).
The AFL and Channel 7 are just gagging for GWS to win the grand final. The television coverage is going to be pretty biased.
The Tigers will stick it up the corrupt AFL and Channel 7 will be weeping in its dwindling stock market shares price when Richmond receives the premiership cup from Maureen Hafey.
Go Tigers

Sickening article written by an idiot, nothing but hollow and contrived praise.
I had to laugh when I read the part about how the plastics will be the biggest financial entity in Australian sport in 20 years time!!

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
this whole media bias is getting beyond ridiculous. but the whole us against the world thing will make it even more sweeter come 5pm saturday.

Reactions: 6 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Reading that article does anyone believe the AFL might have been behind manipulating sponsors for their Frankenstein child in GWS.
I didnt know that. EFC got shafted imo

"For evidence of this, you need only follow the money. At the end of last season, car maker Kia ended its long-standing Essendon sponsorship and tied its brand to the Giants, joining Virgin and Toyo Tires, a national company headquartered near Campbelltown in western Sydney, as the club’s top tier sponsors. "

Yeah... coys & media following the AFL money. The AFL say jump, not only they say how high, they stay "afloat" in the air till advised they can come down.
Go Tiges

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Nothing particularly wrong in the article and it’s written by a proper journalist (unlike the chief writer in the other paper).
Always been plenty of hype when other clubs made their debut GF appearances - or first appearance in a long time.
I don’t mind the GWS in principle (probably a minority view) but obviously hope we smash the scheisse out of them on Saturday

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
now there's an article on the afl site: 'how Dusty was nearly a Giant' WTF ? it's madness ...

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Go Tigers

99% of Western Sydney have never seen an AFL game and never will. Irrespective of the result on Saturday this wont change.

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005
Driving home last night I was listening to 3AW and SEN and it was all about the Giants.
CH7 call will be biased and l everyone will be against us, so we have to stick it right up them!!!!!