AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Redford said:
I always look at the ins and outs before making a bet and also the weather.

Collingwood look the value bet to me at this stage. Going back to the MCG after a big win and playing against a side that is coming off a long road trip. Unlike Billy Connoly last week, Malthouse will have an effective plan to combat Williams.

Anyone get on ? I did ! :hihi

Then on Saturday night, also went with Lenny Hayes to have more disps than Luke Ball ($1.80), and for St. Kilda to cover 18 points against the Swans ($2).

3 for 3 at the plate ! You beauty !

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good work Redman, I had them in a double with the Swans ,

:don't know  why I took the Sydney, I went to that game with my old man who is over from Tassie,  I will never ever back those Swans ever ever again, it was THE worst game I have ever seen, they had no-one in the front half of the ground 5 minutes into the match,   how are you supposed to win the game playing like that. :-\

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Although the Swannies looked a little off the boil, I thought the Sainters were impressive. It was a very good move by Thomas to give Milne a run up the park. Nobody saw it coming and it gave StKilda the extra drive they have lacked due to Harvey's absence.

I thought that Kirk, although he destroyed L.Ball, lacked the creative side of his game. He seemed to fumble and was not using the footy so well. J.Bolton is not doing as well as he can. Just looks very average. Kennelly has been very ordinary at times this season. Schneider looks to have the blues. With Shauble (by far their best back) out and Williams, a recurring late scratching, back, they can improve.

The premiership does look a race in three, doesn't it? I would expect a fourth to emerge at a big price. In an ordinary year (1997 over again) which team will play Adelaide's role? Surely not Adelaide! Could it be Melbourne? or the Swans? Port has not put it's best side on the park all year. Their most important midfiedler, IMO, has been a regular race-goer. The Lions, when they field players can't conceal that they are half right at best. The side, with injuries now, which can get their players right and on the park will improve dramatically in the back half of the season. Which side is it?

https://secure.centrebet.com/
WEST COAST 3.50
GEELONG 4.50
ST KILDA 4.50
MELBOURNE 8.00
ADELAIDE 15.00
PORT ADELAIDE 15.00
BRISBANE 21.00
FREMANTLE 26.00
RICHMOND 26.00
SYDNEY 41.00
ESSENDON 51.00
COLLINGWOOD 81.00
HAWTHORN 81.00
KANGAROOS 81.00
WESTERN BULLDOGS 151.00
CARLTON 501.00

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
mainlandy said:
I always like betting the footy double, this Saturday it's Geel v Freo and Coll v Hawth. Agree with everyone in here that Collingwood will beat the hawks and I feel that with the shocking performance of Freo last week they will come out firing against the cats and the end score may be alot closer.
Coll: 1-48, Cats 1-36 =$6

So close, yet so far.........

Can't believe sitting at home I had to rely on the big Donut kicking a goal for me to get the chocolates. I knew he wouldn't kick it.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
mainlandy said:
mainlandy said:
I always like betting the footy double, this Saturday it's Geel v Freo and Coll v Hawth. Agree with everyone in here that Collingwood will beat the hawks and I feel that with the shocking performance of Freo last week they will come out firing against the cats and the end score may be alot closer.
Coll: 1-48, Cats 1-36 =$6

So close, yet so far.........

Can't believe sitting at home I had to rely on the big Donut kicking a goal for me to get the chocolates. I knew he wouldn't kick it.

The chocolate Donut is a pineapplehead. Bad luck, mainlandy. Next week.

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
1. $5 on ESSENDON at $2.40 bombers to big up forward and will out score the crows...couldnt put away carlton with 1 key forward look out crows backline!. RETURN = $ 12.00

2. TARRANT Chris to kick the first one tonight at $10.00 not bad odd for the only true FF in the game tonight!!. RETURN = $ 50.00

3. ST KILDA OVER 39.5 Pts at $3.00 Port from Subi to Tas.. Saints will distroy them with a dominant mid-field and forward line. RETURN = $ 15.00

TOTAL POSSIBLE RETURN = $77.00 - $15.00 outlay = $ 62.00

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I'm not so sure about the Saints giving Port a belting, think the power have copped a barrage all week & have a rough chance of causing a boilover.

The game I'm really keen on is the cats to destroy the Pies tonight,
really like the line at 22.5 pts & will have a bit of the over 39.5 @ $2.80

dont mind your thought on the Bombers impact, but would think you could get a bit more than $2.40.

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
Leysy Days said:
I'm not so sure about the Saints giving Port a belting, think the power have copped a barrage all week & have a rough chance of causing a boilover.

The game I'm really keen on is the cats to destroy the Pies tonight,
really like the line at 22.5 pts & will have a bit of the over 39.5 @ $2.80

dont mind your thought on the Bombers impact, but would think you could get a bit more than $2.40.

Ture Leysy, i was thinking about cats over 39.5 but after reviewing the chances of tarrent to kick the first goal and the price the cats are paying for that margin ($2.40) i might stick with tarrent for an outsider, not enough value for cats but i might change saints to cats ill wait for the updated odds!!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'm thinking of a high-low double. Snagged the west coast/blues last week at the tasty odds of 65-1. :clap

This week I'm thinking Fremantle to kick the sweep with the Swans/Blues penalty shootout for the low, and perhaps Port down in arctic Tasmania.

Thus:

Freo / Blues $40
Freo / Swans $60
Freo / Port $40

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
65-1 jb.Luuurvely.

The last 5 weeks I've just been backing the outsiders.Not very sophisticated system,but it's working a treat.Doing it using the parlay's for low cash outlays.
Haven't looked at the odds this week yet but something like a Dawks/Ess/Roos parlay could be a nice payout.

The roughies are getting up with amazing reularity,gotta take advantage while the goings good.The bookies for once arent the experts.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Took 2 bets at lunchtime, purely out of boredom:

Syd / Rich / Ess @ $12

High/Low - Rich / Carl @ $210 ;D My shout if that gets up :beer

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Hartbalme said:

Syd / Rich / Ess @ $12

IF we win. We might just kick the sweep. Nice obs, HB.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Hartbalme said:

Syd / Rich / Ess @ $12

Like your optimism hb. I would have given you $211.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Doing a footy quad on the weekend although I never should do one involving the Tigers especially when I go against them.

West Coast 13-36

Adelaide 25-48

Freo 25-48, Bris 1-36

Syd 13-36, Carl 13-24

I'm dreaming, but you've gotta be in it to win it.

cam

Tiger Rookie
Apr 4, 2005
Well guess what after watching the Tiges go down to the bloody eagles i thought it couldnt get any worse... but....

I had a bet of the Lions to win by more than 39.5 Points..... paying $7.50 for $1.

So what do they do... win by 39 points!! KILLER!

two bloody close games (with margin) and two losses. Grrr

Golf >