AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
Im going to put in 3 x 5 dollar bets on games everyweek and keep everyone up2date about the best bets, odds and of coarse results. The bets will be slightly ambitious!!

*Feel Free to add positive comments and sugestions about each week's odds and selections*

*Each bet will have a justification/s*

1. Bombers to beat Port at $ 2.90 - Bombers tend to play good at Adelaide for some unknown reason and port are struggling with injuries and form.

2. Hawks to beat Freo at $4.00 - Hawks in rare form knocking off the dees and looking ok and freo were terrible at the

3. Brisbane to be beating Richmond at Half Time and Tigers to come back hard and win at $ 7.25 - just a hunch

Total possible return = $ 70.75 Figures Crossed but not counting on it :hihi

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
TC said:
Good luck man, Bombers over Port at home is a big call

yeah agree and thanks for the support... :) i actually saw the Port v Swans match and to tell you the truth i think collingwood would have beaten port they were pathetic

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
I haven't seen the Bummers at all this year, bar Morwell

Hope you are right, don't want Post charging up behind us in the run to finals ;D

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
I heard of someone yesterday, a friend of a friend of a friend

That this bloke had put $500 at 600=1 on the Tigers to win the flag

Am I right in thinking that pays $30 000 ish?

Apparently if they make the GF he would then put $10 000 on the opposition

Hoping to make another $ 10 000 if Tigers lose, but still getting the big payout if they win

If you have the cash to splash, that would sound like good punting

Only likely to lose $500

anemzor

Tiger Cub
May 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Your bet has been successfully placed with the following Serial Number: ************
The bet details are as follows: A$100, Richmond, Head to Head, Australian Rules AFL Round 9 Brisbane v Richmond, @2.65, to return A$265.00

Hows that for support!!!!!!

I know tonight will be an awesome game, any brissy tiger supporters going to be @ the pineapple at all today/tonight ?

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
impact said:
Im going to put in 3 x 5 dollar bets on games everyweek and keep everyone up2date about the best bets, odds and of coarse results. The bets will be slightly ambitious!!

*Feel Free to add positive comments and sugestions about each week's odds and selections*

1. Bombers to beat Port at $ 2.90 - Bombers tend to play good at Adelaide for some unknown reason and port are struggling with injuries and form.

2. Hawks to beat Freo at $4.00 - Hawks in rare form knocking off the dees and looking ok and freo were terrible at the

3. Brisbane to be beating Richmond at Half Time and Tigers to come back hard and win at $ 7.25 - just a hunch

2&3 came in

total payout was $56.25 - $15 outlay = $41.25

Not bad for my first thread hahaha :)

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
TC said:
I heard of someone yesterday, a friend of a friend of a friend

That this bloke had put $500 at 600=1 on the Tigers to win the flag

Am I right in thinking that pays $30 000 ish?

Apparently if they make the GF he would then put $10 000 on the opposition

Hoping to make another $ 10 000 if Tigers lose, but still getting the big payout if they win

If you have the cash to splash, that would sound like good punting

Only likely to lose $500

Three HUNDRED THOUSAND, TC. He should save (or insure) more than 10 grand. Say a hundred k.

I sure hope he's backed the winner. ;D

Nice tipping, impact.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
I was told through the window of a slow moving taxi, holding up the school kids

and mothers, whilst two old Tigers were shaking hands and shouting stuff

May have got the odds wrong, but I remember the payout was $30 000

Could be BS man, but come September I'll ask details again

Maybe stop the taxi next time ;D

Forgot about the Bris half time/Tigers win bet in all the excitement

Good tipping man 8)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
TC said:
I was told through the window of a slow moving taxi, holding up the school kids

and mothers, whilst two old Tigers were shaking hands and shouting stuff

May have got the odds wrong, but I remember the payout was $30 000

Could be BS man, but come September I'll ask details again

Maybe stop the taxi next time ;D

Forgot about the Bris half time/Tigers win bet in all the excitement

Good tipping man 8)

I suspect he had $500 on the tigers at 60-1. No bookie would offer better than 100-1 pre season for any team.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
For something to do I had a ticket on the Treble - Richmond/Port/Arsenal at $6.50 :clap

Bit lucky on the FA Cup from all reports :p

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
yeah Arsenal certainly were lucky,

it was possibly the worst soccer match & I have ever seen... ::)

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Leysy Days said:
yeah Arsenal certainly were lucky, 

it was possibly the worst soccer match & I have ever seen... ::)

I tried to watch it after getting back to the motel in Brisbane. I couldn't decide which of the 4 TV's to watch, so I gave up :p

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Return of Cynicism said:
Does anyone know what Williams started on at the start of the year for the Coleman, Was he even quoted a price?

Don't know but Tuck is still $150 for the brownlow and Cogs $35

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
impact said:
impact said:

1. Bombers to beat Port at $ 2.90 -  Bombers tend to play good at Adelaide for some unknown reason and port are struggling with injuries and form.

2.  Hawks to beat Freo at $4.00 - Hawks in rare form knocking off the dees and looking ok and freo were terrible at the

Total possible return = $ 70.75   Figures Crossed but not counting on it  :hihi

2&3 came in

Yep, well done Sudden Impact.

I've been on a roll lately but came a cropper with a 25+ point bet on St.Kilda at $2. At quarter time everything was looking as it should, but then ...kapow !

Still like 'em for the premiership though....providing they can get their heads right and stop listening to all the media stuff about how good they are.

palmyscum

Tiger Rookie
Feb 9, 2004
Redford said:
impact said:
impact said:

2&3 came in

Yep, well done Sudden Impact.

I've been on a roll lately but came a cropper with a 25+ point bet on St.Kilda at $2. At quarter time everything was looking as it should, but then ...kapow !

Still like 'em for the premiership though....providing they can get their heads right and stop listening to all the media stuff about how good they are.

Why thank you reford see if i can get a repeat performance...this week there is no point in putting them on! home teams all the way! except the doggies

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
MELBOURNE 1.72
RICHMOND 2.10

HAWTHORN 1.55
COLLINGWOOD 2.40

GEELONG 1.16
FREMANTLE 5.00

BRISBANE 1.20
KANGAROOS 4.50

ST KILDA 1.42
SYDNEY 2.80

ADELAIDE 1.20
CARLTON 4.50

ESSENDON 1.75
WESTERN BULLDOGS 2.05

WEST COAST 1.30
PORT ADELAIDE 3.50

https://secure.centrebet.com/index.php?MODE=test&uniq=ct54354292875a14ae3

An early market from Centrebet.

Sydney when in form is usally a good road team. Williams will probably return. Harvey won't.
Don't mind Brisbane by the margin. Will check the price.
With the return of R.James and Chad Cornes, I don't despise Port. Only P.Burgoyne's absence will stop me from backing them... or "coupling them in the double with the Archbishop of Canterbury". ;D Might do it anyway. Port now close to full strength and catching up on the month or so start they gave the comp.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I agree with you Jack in regards to the swans,

Telstra will suit the Swans game, they will shut the Saints down.
This game will be low scoring & close, they're $2.90 with sportsbet which could be worth a punt.

by the way whats the panels thoughts on Shane Crawfords chances for the brownlow, has had a huge year (8th in disposals & 5th in kicks), polls well & stands out with his blonde heair & green boots.

currently 50/1, believe he was 100/1 yesterday but I missed that, could be worth just a little something....................