AFL Clubs are preparing for list sizes to be cut to 35 players next season who do we cut? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Clubs are preparing for list sizes to be cut to 35 players next season who do we cut?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The AFL has just released a statement
"Due to Richmond's dominance over the last 3 years, we have come to the conclusion, all Richmond home games will be played at Kardinia Park and 6 players will have one of their arms strapped to their body"
Gilligan McLaughlin

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The problem with a reduced list size is that it demands first year players to be ready to play some games
That's another reason I don't see the list going to 35.

Assuming a minimum of two draftees, we would effectively have 6 first year players on our list given the guys drafted in 2019 are not likely to play much real footy this year.

That leaves 29 players so when the inevitable injures come you are going to be playing those guys and not on the taster plate basis you would ideally use a rookie.

Not only will we break them, you won't see many ruckman drafted until they are 23 by which time plenty will be lost to basketball and fast bowling.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Brian Cook pulling the same string as Doofus.
'Its all important we play all home games at home"
Bloobo the hut "Essendon haven't played down there since the 60's" clueless...
Brereton "thats fine Cooky but you need to play at the MCG too" :D
Cook fell off his seat