AFL has gone mad special offer tickets to see game vs Bombers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL has gone mad special offer tickets to see game vs Bombers

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I’m an AFL member living in Victoria.
Just got email from AFL offering me a discounted ticket to attend the game Are they *smile* mad or just taking the *smile*
Were in lockdown FFS

Just got email from AFL offering me a discounted ticket to attend the game Are they *smile* mad or just taking the *smile*
Were in lockdown FFS

Did they offer to pay for flights and accommodation as well?

Were in lockdown FFS
Bubble boy?

I don't know DS

I quite liked the offer.

I think they knew they needed to fill Optus.

Yeah but you live over there ;)

They should have a better customer management system which would tell them who to target in a situation like this.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

They should have a better customer management system which would tell them who to target in a situation like this.

DS

Yeah, I was being a bit cute with that comment.

Best news is we get two weeks of Tigers over here in a row.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I was being a bit cute with that comment.

Best news is we get two weeks of Tigers over here in a row.

Enjoy, we're stuck at home and it's cold!

While I have your attention, I am likely coming to Perth for about a week later in the year and was planning to go and see Subiaco play (I lived in Perth from age 18 months to 8 years, when we moved back to Melbourne). I figure it is easy enough to get into WAFL games?

DS

DS
What if you were already in WA for other reasons but your home address is VIC?

Would you still want the offer ?

maybe view it from a different perspective?

Enjoy, we're stuck at home and it's cold!

While I have your attention, I am likely coming to Perth for about a week later in the year and was planning to go and see Subiaco play (I lived in Perth from age 18 months to 8 years, when we moved back to Melbourne). I figure it is easy enough to get into WAFL games?

DS

David, you could walk up and buy a thousand seats to any game. Shame that we don't get bigger WAFL crowds.

Only issue might be public transport. Most WAFL grounds involve a decent walk these days.

I have posted this on here before but a little story regarding Subiaco.................

I moved to WA in 1983 and when we arrived, Richmond was just in the start of its doldrums. Given I was used to Richmond being a powerhouse, I was pretty non-plussed with them by the middle of the year, so a change of footy scenery looked good. Little did I know how long we would be down for!

First day at new school, and a kid asks we which WAFL team I go for. I say "who is the Tigers?" and the kid says "Subiaco". So basically I am going for Subiaco.

That night I grab the paper and look up the weekend footy scores. Much to my horror, Subiaco are on the bottom of the ladder having just been belted by South Freo by 20+ goals and have sacked their coach. Great I think, Richmond is on the slide and Subiaco are the world's biggest losers.

A couple of days later I go to the local sports store to buy myself a footy. They have WAFL club balls, and the chap asks me which team I want. I say 'Tigers please" and he says "righto champ, one Claremont footy coming up".

I correct him "no, I want a Tigers footy please", and he replies "yeah, Claremont".

I then look up and realise that Subiaco are actually the Lions. So I am now a Claremont supporter. And much to my relief, when I check the paper again, Claremont are second on the ladder and belting teams themselves. Man I was happy!

Another little Subi story from 1983 I played little league for Swans later that season, the week after Warren Ralph kicked 16 goals for Claremont against, guess who, Subiaco. The front cover of the footy budget (WA equivalent of the Record) had a photo of Graham Moss with his arm around Ralph after the game with the caption underneath reading "When my No.16 kicks 16, I am a happy coach."

As a final thing, check out some of the scores kicked that season https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_WAFL_season

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, @Streak. Can you give me any info on Tony Beers? His Dad was my tennis coach and I knew Tony, Mark and Stephen well. The older two played for Collingwood and Tony ended up a prmeiership player at Claremont but I was sad to see that he died in 2018 and was curious about the circumstances.

David, you could walk up and buy a thousand seats to any game. Shame that we don't get bigger WAFL crowds.

Only issue might be public transport. Most WAFL grounds involve a decent walk these days.

I have posted this on here before but a little story regarding Subiaco.................

I moved to WA in 1983 and when we arrived, Richmond was just in the start of its doldrums. Given I was used to Richmond being a powerhouse, I was pretty non-plussed with them by the middle of the year, so a change of footy scenery looked good. Little did I know how long we would be down for!

First day at new school, and a kid asks we which WAFL team I go for. I say "who is the Tigers?" and the kid says "Subiaco". So basically I am going for Subiaco.

That night I grab the paper and look up the weekend footy scores. Much to my horror, Subiaco are on the bottom of the ladder having just been belted by South Freo by 20+ goals and have sacked their coach. Great I think, Richmond is on the slide and Subiaco are the world's biggest losers.

A couple of days later I go to the local sports store to buy myself a footy. They have WAFL club balls, and the chap asks me which team I want. I say 'Tigers please" and he says "righto champ, one Claremont footy coming up".

I correct him "no, I want a Tigers footy please", and he replies "yeah, Claremont".

I then look up and realise that Subiaco are actually the Lions. So I am now a Claremont supporter. And much to my relief, when I check the paper again, Claremont are second on the ladder and belting teams themselves. Man I was happy!

Another little Subi story from 1983 I played little league for Swans later that season, the week after Warren Ralph kicked 16 goals for Claremont against, guess who, Subiaco. The front cover of the footy budget (WA equivalent of the Record) had a photo of Graham Moss with his arm around Ralph after the game with the caption underneath reading "When my No.16 kicks 16, I am a happy coach."

As a final thing, check out some of the scores kicked that season https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_WAFL_season

Wow, 37.19 against Subi :(

When I left Perth Subiaco had just won their first flag for 49 years, that was 1973. Everyone had a VFL team too and clearly mine was Richmond so both my teams won a flag that year.

Thanks for the WAFL advice, I reckon, assuming I can get to Perth, that I will hire a car so should be fine for transport.

DS