AFL membership survey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL membership survey

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
As expected they do a survey and don't ask any questions about fixturing or the rules - just if they sent good emails, have a good twitter channel and are there enough food options at the MCG.

They had one box for open comments at least which they won't read. This was my feedback there. Doubt it gets to anyone who matters.

Survey fans - AFL members and club members fairly and transparently about what satisfied / disatisfies them with the game. As expected this survey has nothing about rule changes or fixturing because you probably don't want to hear the answers.
You are tone deaf and lack any effective communication with the majority of people who care about the game because you don't listen or ask and just tell. My main gripes:
1. Thursday night fixturing is clearly for a TV audience - I hate it as an AFL member. We had 2 years of not being able to go to the footy and then you schedule games at extremely unfriendly family and work times - the fan is completely taken for granted.
2. The umpire dissent rule is a classic example of overreach where you changed the interpretation on the quiet a few weeks after it was obvious that 50m for looking annoyed / frustrated is just ridiculous. Screaming and yelling at an umpire or threatening them is fair enough for a 50m - what you did was just stupid.
3. The stand rule has wrecked the fabric of the game - we already had a rule where you aren't allowed to go over where the mark is - just adjudicate that one closely. Now we have players running away from the mark so they aren't stuck to the spot. It's just ridiculous - admit you were wrong (if you can) and fix it.
Finally : These are my gripes - but actually go out and survey people to see what they think - maybe I'm in the minority - but i doubt it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
I just did this survey and unfortunately did not have your foresight to actually write what I find wrong with the AFL at the moment and what most people are finding wrong - agree with all your issues
I have in the past made comment on these surveys about things not directly asked in the survey and am never sure if anyone bothers to read it
Every year they ask the same questions which are irrelevant at the moment as the cause of any dissatisfaction with attending games ie it is not the way AFL staff answer the phone, it is not the communication, it is not the AFL site

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I received it and added my 2c about the stand rule and the Thursday night fixture. They didn't ask for feedback on the rules directly but I mentioned it in a couple of the short answer feedback spaces. I recall seeing a question about the Thursday night fixturing though and I told them that Thursday night footy is rubbish as a regular attendee.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
I received it and added my 2c about the stand rule and the Thursday night fixture. They didn't ask for feedback on the rules directly but I mentioned it in a couple of the short answer feedback spaces. I recall seeing a question about the Thursday night fixturing though and I told them that Thursday night footy is rubbish as a regular attendee.
I did exactly the same thing BT. Hopefully they're listening.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
It's a Membership Survey and they have seemed to have stuck to the brief.
If you're expecting questions regarding rules, umpires, Gill and the general state of the game, you're in the wrong place

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I received an AFL insiders survey on Friday - asking about how many games I have attended in 2022, how many I normally attend.
And then the best part. What are your reasons for attending less games in 22 and a list of selectable reasons including: COVID, rolling fixture, digital ticketing, rules and umpires (both on one tab), concerns for health, transport, cost of food and beverages and maybe one or two minor reasons.

My answer on each question was based around rules and umpires and on one for rolling fixture. I couldn't care if they have issues with all the other stuff - which they do - I wanted to highlight my dwindling desire for the game and it's cause.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I received an AFL insiders survey on Friday - asking about how many games I have attended in 2022, how many I normally attend.
And then the best part. What are your reasons for attending less games in 22 and a list of selectable reasons including: COVID, rolling fixture, digital ticketing, rules and umpires (both on one tab), concerns for health, transport, cost of food and beverages and maybe one or two minor reasons.

My answer on each question was based around rules and umpires and on one for rolling fixture. I couldn't care if they have issues with all the other stuff - which they do - I wanted to highlight my dwindling desire for the game and it's cause.
I got the same survey yesterday via a link in an email from the club. Sounds like my answers pretty much matched yours Tommy