AFL Mouthpieces | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Mouthpieces

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
The DELIBERATE HIT on Prestia (and let’s ignore the %&43sit term bump) has exposed the hypocrisy and double standards of the discredited AFL, and worse how it treats the RFC.

There is not another industry in Australia, perhaps the world, that is charged with policing itself, while filling important positions that oversee this policing with people that have a direct and conflictual association with, in more recent times, the Geelong Football Club.

Hocking and the twin Scott are clear examples of a conflict of interest that should not be tolerated in any industry but is willfully accepted by the failed AFL administration.

As such, anything that comes out concerning the deliberate knocking out of Richmond’s best onballer, followed by the unprecedented allowing the game to continue, with Richmond down one player, and only stopped momentarily after Geelong scored a goal, will be “whitewashed” by the AFL that does not want any fair and transparent investigation into its manipulation of results. Particularly when it concerns and is favorably to the Geelong Football Club. We have all heard and seen the noise created by the AFL mouthpieces masquerading as journalists, trying desperately to water down the severity of the Stewart hit on Prestia!

The AFL is a corrupt and morally bankrupt organization that has been left to its own devices for far too long. It needs to be investigated by a third party that has the power and authority to implement the changes required to make the AFL transparent, devoid of conflictual appointments, with a more visual and vocal AFL commission that puts the integrity of the game before personal appointments of mates.

The place is rotten to its core!
Is that you Benny? :ROFLMAO:

I’m happy for you to post your rants even if we get a notice to shut down the forum. :peepwall

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Literally all of the AFL media are AFL sycophants. When was the last time a well known media representative went hard at Gil or the commission? I sometimes question whether AFL accreditation is conditional upon not openly criticising AFL HQ itself.

I’ll give you an example from earlier in the season that really irks me to this day. R3, Footscray v the Swans on Thursday night. I had the Fox pre-game on while I was cooking dinner and the alpha male roosters on Fox said the AFL was likely to fixture as many as 18 Thursday night games in 2023.

They then all slapped their hands on the table and told the audience in no uncertain terms that this is the best thing since sliced bread. Then told us with a straight face that this is what the supporters want, without actually researching and asking what the supporters want.

The whole bloody footy industry tells the supporters how to think and what to think. We are the sheep that just bend over and accepts it.
If only the AFL had more journalists like Michael Warner, he calls it, as it is.

AFL journalism is the poorer with Warner no longer covering AFL.

Go to the 6 minutes mark.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
If only the AFL had more journalists like Michael Warner, he calls it, as it is.

AFL journalism is the poorer with Warner no longer covering AFL.

Go to the 6 minutes mark.

A well-deserved accolade and one the AFL could not bury or bully into the shadows. “There’s something about the AFL I didn’t like” he said and we can all relate to those words. “It’s a game in desperate need of administrative reform” and who could disagree with that.

Unless of course you are one of the many AFL lackies and mouthpieces. Thanks for posting, Tigerman.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i reckon the problem is as much that their a few actual journalists covering the AFL. many on TV and radio are ex-footy players. they have valid opinions on some things, but it sounds like most of the time they just form an opinion then try to pass it as fact. no research, or investigation.
those who arent ex players are poor journos, if they do have journalist backgrounds. again it looks like they pick a topic, decide on their view then write/say it, and find "evidence" to back that up. they dont research topics, or go in with open minds.

some are on the AFL payroll which will influence what they say, most of the rest appear to say things to make content, and keep everyone happy and onside.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users