AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That tagger from Geelomg got plaudits from the media for his job on Neale but a lot of the tactics and close checking seemed against the rules to me.

Im shocked the old codger didn't have a sook about it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This really annoys me, last week Healy just about wet his pants about how good round one was, he and Lyon were taking credit for it saying this is what we have been calling for.
In the next breath and for the rest of the week Lyon called for Dusty to be scragged, and then as you said, last night he said how much he enjoyed Neale being tagged. I wonder whether he thinks that it's a good look, and good for the game.
None tags Melbourne players because they tag themselves out of games.
Listening to Lyon is like listening to Libba talk about football.
Absolutely clueless

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That tagger from Geelomg got plaudits from the media for his job on Neale but a lot of the tactics and close checking seemed against the rules to me.

You're not seriously suggesting that Holding the Man is still a rule in Australian Rules Football I hope. Clearly that rule must have been rescinded years ago because players not in possession of the ball are constantly held.

DS

WildStyle

Tiger Rookie
Aug 24, 2020
Apparently Baker and Short haven't had to defend for the last 4 years and now the "party is over" :rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pretty entitled to criticise Dusty’s efforts though. There were a bunch of situations in the game where Swan players just hand balled around him at ease while he just jogged from one Swan player to another. Particularly, bad piece of play in the first quarter early in the game on the Southern Stand boundary line where he just applied zero pressure.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Apparently Baker and Short haven't had to defend for the last 4 years and now the "party is over" :rotfl2

Just commented in the game day thread on this. Lyon showed 2 passages of play on Bakes and didn't even realise he was completely contradicting himself. Bags him for the 1st one for not going man on man (he was actually attacking the back of the stoppage which is what we do), left Papley, ball moves forward and Papley doesn't even get it, but Lyon bags him for zoning (which he wasn't doing) and not for being man on man. Next one Warner slips Grahams tackle, Bakes has stayed back with Papley, Lyon bags him for not closing the space, what you mean ZONING!! What a complete flog, didn't even realise he'd totally contradicted his point.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Pretty entitled to criticise Dusty’s efforts though. There were a bunch of situations in the game where Swan players just hand balled around him at ease while he just jogged from one Swan player to another. Particularly, bad piece of play in the first quarter early in the game on the Southern Stand boundary line where he just applied zero pressure.
He is human after all.

TigerForce

On the way to number 14.
Apr 26, 2004
I'm just satisfied in hearing Mincey state that it's only April, so no problem for us. Someone's gotta answer Blobbo's dumb questions.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'm just satisfied in hearing Mincey state that it's only April, so no problem for us. Someone's gotta answer Blobbo's dumb questions.
Surely teams have figured us out, the blueprint on how to beat the tigers is uncovered, Dimmas affair has divided the playing group the dynasty is over !! No?

TigerForce

On the way to number 14.
Apr 26, 2004
Surely teams have figured us out, the blueprint on how to beat the tigers is uncovered, Dimmas affair has divided the playing group the dynasty is over !! No?
Well Blobbo said we're under the spotlight against Port, so yeah, we're cooked.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Port away from that ground in a park are useless.
Hinkley thinks he is a coach.
Win or lose, we bent them over when it counted.
The umpires we rip us a new one