AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I might be wrong here but isn’t the difference between hawthorn and us is that they traded away picks for duds from other clubs instead of investing in youth, whereas we have kept most of our picks?

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I might be wrong here but isn’t the difference between hawthorn and us is that they traded away picks for duds from other clubs instead of investing in youth, whereas we have kept most of our picks?
Yep. Dimma started scraping down the barrel in his 1st year whereas Clarko started with Buddy and some ready-made players.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got to laugh.
saying winning all those premierships will have a negative effect on the club.
need to rebuild once it’s over.

no *smile*

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Mince Whateley wears a Yankee cap. Makes perfect sense. Only wankers with a fashion outlook, rather than a baseball outlook, wear Yankee caps in Australia. He wouldn’t know the first thing about them. He probably follows Bec Judd on Instagram and got his cue from her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
We've barely picked up any players from any clubs apart from Lynch for 4 years. All are either juniors from the draft or hungry, untried players outside of the AFL system.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Mince Whateley wears a Yankee cap. Makes perfect sense. Only wankers with a fashion outlook, rather than a baseball outlook, wear Yankee caps in Australia. He wouldn’t know the first thing about them. He probably follows Bec Judd on Instagram and got his cue from her.
I had a Yankees cap once. But in my defence, I did buy it from the Yankees shop in 42nd Street. Wore it when mowing the lawn

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I had a Yankees cap once. But in my defence, I did buy it from the Yankees shop in 42nd Street. Wore it when mowing the lawn
My game is basketball.
I’ve got a Boston Knicks cap.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

I’ll give you a pass....just. At least you’d know what city they’re from, unlike a lot of fashionistas.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
But does he have a side in the Miinor Leagues, to show some real / faux awareness of Americas National Game.

When Major League came out the Cleveland Indians scored a big popularity boost around the world.

I think many were even surprised to find out the Indians were actually a real franchise.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
But does he have a side in the Miinor Leagues, to show some real / faux awareness of Americas National Game.

When Major League came out the Cleveland Indians scored a big popularity boost around the world.

I think many were even surprised to find out the Indians were actually a real franchise.
I do. The Portland Sea Dogs. In Maine. I even went there to see the town (Sea Dogs were on the road.)

Mince Whateley wouldn’t even know what players the Stinkees have let alone what the Minors are.

He’s such a quincey Mince. Such a mincey nerd. Bet he still wears Ciaks.

1618832018253.gif

• Haha

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
View attachment 11933
So After an 80 point flooding of a ’contender” this is the best this flog can come up with....it’s dead set embarrassing to the industry having this bloke involved in so much
I actually think it is an important issue.

1. I would hate to see our premiership heroes finishing their careers elsewhere ala the Hawks. I just can't imagine Cotchin or Riewoldt playing for another club.

2. Do we choose to try to emulate Geelong and continue to play finals every year, but unlikely to win a premiership

3. How do we avoid history replay itself for the club and be *smile* for the next 20+ years, ala post 1982

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
100% we have been highly successful and continue every year to be involved in the draft.
No better case is this year we have 2 first rounders, 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders. That's quality.
We haven't traded away multiple picks for No one.
Hawthorn traded away picks for Omeara, Wingard & Mitchell and that has left huge holes in not only there list but also in there age barracks. Really old players smoothered with kids, no much inbetween.
Im confident that in 4-5 years time we won't be sitting bottom 3 on the ladder.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
How stupid will he feel when we unearth RCD, MRJ, CCJ etc on top of those youngsters already in our team of George, Bakes, Balta, Dan Rioli, Bolton, Short and Graham.

We are rebuilding on the run.
Even better than that. We are building from within. We are teaching players to fit in to the system and understand that learning to play "our way" will get you into the senior team. And they can see it. They can see McIntosh, Balta, Bolton, Baker, Aarts, George. The club is doing the right things to build trust in our second and third tier players that you can get there. It's not just the superstars week after week.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Yes. McIntosh has clearly seen the writing on the wall "Be a Richmond man" and he plays with heart and courage. Reinvented himself in the last three or so years. Now one of the first picked and has made the wing his own.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez Figgy talks sh!t. De Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooey grabbed the phones because he was unaware of what he was doing due to concussion?? How did he know which one belonged to him or even Howe???

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria
Geez Figgy talks sh!t. De Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooey grabbed the phones because he was unaware of what he was doing due to concussion?? How did he know which one belonged to him or even Howe???
And what was Howes excuse
He wasn’t concussed but gladly accepted his phone, Nathan never mentioned that

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And what was Howes excuse
He wasn’t concussed but gladly accepted his phone, Nathan never mentioned that
They for some unknown reason they tip toe around Buckley.
Why wasn't whately asking him, 'the writing is on the wall, 10 years no flags' and 'The team looks worse then the day you joined the club'.
Its ok for them to gang bash Truck At Essendon or Cameron but not the all mighty one Bucks.