AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It doesnt man, thats a unique experience.

You went to Oakland and survived .....thats pretty impressive.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How does attending the oakland colliseum and getting an a's tshirt rank in suckery?

All this talk reminds me how i screwed up and missed an oppurtunity to see a game at fenway in 2009 , even worse that game was won by an Ortiz hr..
Still pissed off with myself for that..

Big miss. Sad.

As for the A's and the Colliseum, that gets infinitely more cred in my book than going to Stinkee Stadium. Having been to both heaps, if you go to the Colliseum you at least have the honour of getting in and out of there alive and/or without being bitten by a rat inside the decrepit stadium. A badge of honour.

Last game I went to there, a young kid was shot dead the next day on the BART carrying fans from the game. Gangs everywhere. At the stadium, the stations, on the BART.

• Wow

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Big miss. Sad.

As for the A's and the Colliseum, that gets infinitely more cred in my book than going to Stinkee Stadium. Having been to both heaps, if you go to the Colliseum you at least have the honour of getting in and out of there alive and/or without being bitten by a rat inside the decrepit stadium. A badge of honour.

Last game I went to there, a young kid was shot dead the next day on the BART carrying fans from the game. Gangs everywhere. At the stadium, the stations, on the BART.
hah ok , luckily we didnt see any stuff like that..
This was in 2006 so perhaps cleaned up a bit by then..

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I have a Yankees Cap. Bought it at Yankee Stadium at the first/only baseball game I saw live.
I have a Mets cap. Bought it at Citi Field. Wanna fight?! Had a massive Mets Letterman jacket growing up too. The whole deal. Silk lining, leather sleeves, half inch think NY in orange.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I have a Mets cap. Bought it at Citi Field. Wanna fight?! Had a massive Mets Letterman jacket growing up too. The whole deal. Silk lining, leather sleeves, half inch think NY in orange.

Thumbs up from me Matthew. I like going to Citi Field. Bit of a trek on the purple 7 from downtown Manhattan but being a Queens based team it’s largely genuine baseball fans out there. Not so many faux baseball fans like you get at Stinkee Stadium.

I watch all the Mets game recaps every day. Maybe I have a soft spot for them. Might have something to do with Mr Met. He’s cool. Not sure.

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
I'm a Mets man too KR......went to Shea a few times back in '89.....5-0 at Shea......never been to Citi Field tho. Caught a ball at the old Yankee Stadium in batting practice, was pretty cool.

• Love

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I went to Dodger Stadium saw the Dodgers v the Cincinnati Reds.

Dodgers got up and I sat over the bull pen, was watching the relief pitchers warm up and hearing the thud of the ball hit the mitt.

Walked away with, a Dodgers Baseball and, Yankees, Cubs and Redsox caps for my old man who loved baseball.

Was a really good night out and beautiful weather too from memory.

Its not Wrigley or Fenway or Yankee Stadium but it was good and I didn't get stabbed or mugged.

Went to an NHL game at also LA Kings v Tampa Bay Lightening some great punch ons (on the ice).

Still got the ball, I dont know where my mum put the caps after he died.
Good work Craig.
The NHL is great. Amazing how fast they skate and at the same time time getting smashed.
Let’s go kings.
Staples centre is good to watch he hockey. No Maddison square gardens though.

• Love

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
You get a pass as well. Just. You should have gone to Fenway or Wrigley instead though. As they say in America "Yankees Suck."
Over the west coast the San Fran baseball stadium is a great place to watch.

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Over the west coast the San Fran baseball stadium is a great place to watch.

Yes. Not a bad stadium. Did a tour of it a few years ago. Went out onto the field.

Heh heh heh...Mark Manure. I love his dumbness. Him and Elmer Fudd bounce off one another.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yes. Not a bad stadium. Did a tour of it a few years ago. Went out onto the field.

Heh heh heh...Mark Manure. I love his dumbness. Him and Elmer Fudd bounce off one another.
Yeah he's nothing but a whinger. Wasn't he against us a couple of weeks ago and now we're good again. Great to see Cartoon and Figgywood continue to implode.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I've got a Donegal GAA jersey as well. Bring your hurley, you'll need it.

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
How does attending the oakland colliseum and getting an a's tshirt rank in suckery?

All this talk reminds me how i screwed up and missed an oppurtunity to see a game at fenway in 2009 , even worse that game was won by an Ortiz hr..
Still pissed off with myself for that..
I'll do one better. In missing something big :rolleyes:Win tickets to 1996 Super Bowl Cowboys and Steelers at Glendale, Ariz. Get on the computer and check Lakers games for late January as we flew through LA and back and wanted to see an NBA game while over there. SB was end of the month, January.

Lakers are playing no one of importance around that time, even though we could have seen them for $30-40 a ticket I didn't pursue a ticket.

I reckon three days later they announce Magic Johnson's comeback game a day or two after the SB. We were flying out next morning from Ariz to LA so could have made the game no stress.

Get back on the blower to the travel company selling NBA tickets and they're going for $400+ a ticket. Can't afford that aye. My bro who came to the SB has hated me ever since, for not snapping up the $30 tickets. FML :confused:

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I went to the Ballpark in Arlington, Dallas, to see the Rangers v Toronto back in ‘98. Was a brilliant day/night.

Also found myself in Chicago that same year when the Bulls won their 2nd threepeat. That was a hell of an experience.

Didn‘t buy any memorabilia at either. Wish I had.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Whately calling for hasher penalty in regards to collingwobbles phone stuff up.

“This is the very least that needed to happen and I’m quite comfortable with it, but it should come with the rider it should be a million dollar penalty if it happens again and it should be an 11-week suspension. Don’t worry about please explains.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Whately calling for hasher penalty in regards to collingwobbles phone stuff up.

“This is the very least that needed to happen and I’m quite comfortable with it, but it should come with the rider it should be a million dollar penalty if it happens again and it should be an 11-week suspension. Don’t worry about please explains.
Whateley was good on this on AFL 360. Said as an industry we are way too complacent and when a big scandal erupts we will wonder why. And he is spot on.

Collingwood’s excuses were laughable. Blame COVID for steward not being there and blame concussion one of two players. Surely gambling corruption wrecking integrity of the sport is a greater risk than substance abuse. And it must be a massive risk - the amount of gambling advertising is staggering and just integrated into every show / app / broadcast where they throw to ex players calling out odds, micks multi etc etc.

Listen to whistleblower podcast to hear about the NBA betting scandal. With all the types of betting options nowadays I hope there are strong controls over the umpires as it would seem an easy group for criminal organisations to control and influence outcomes on spreads / Brownlow voting / even first goals etc

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Get the popcorn ready for Monday. I can hear Robbo backtracking already "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"