AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Get the popcorn ready for Monday. I can hear Robbo backtracking already "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"
“Pity those fools who questioned the champs, myself included.” he wrote today.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Blobbo back to his laughable Shakespearian acts on Figgy. Even has to ask "can I go ahead?" :mhihi

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Leigh Montagna extremely confident of a Geelong win on Friday night . Gee Whiz!
I’m sure I’ve heard him say something like that before. Now when was that? Maybe late in the home and away season last year? Or maybe leading up to the GF? I know! It was both ha ha haarrgghh!!!

Montagna is a total lemon. As long as plonkers like him, Barrett and Brad Johnson keep tipping against us the more confident I will be.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MurrayValleyTiger

Another Famous Loss? Please, Not Again!
Jan 19, 2005
Cobram
I’m sure I’ve heard him say something like that before. Now when was that? Maybe late in the home and away season last year? Or maybe leading up to the GF? I know! It was both ha ha haarrgghh!!!

Montagna is a total lemon. As long as plonkers like him, Barrett and Brad Johnson keep tipping against us the more confident I will be.
Makes me more confident.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Do King and Montagna ever watch games? Or just bury their heads in Champion Data stats?

Montagna in particular is a goose. He went all in on Geelong last year and was adamant they’d beat us both times we played them. Kath Loughnan made him look like a fool all year. Now he’s doubling down and has declared Geelong as morals this week. They way he crapped on was like Richmond may as well just forfeit to protect percentage.

He also picked Freo last week; in a Derby! Shows how much he really knows; *smile* all.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I didnt understand a word they were talking about.
They said Geelong are playing a faster game style, using the corridor more and kicking to a contest.
That's what our game plan feeds off. They haven't got the player's to do that at the MCG.
Montagna is a peanut not sure why he is all of a sudden a football expert.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yeah, but they have beaten us in the H&A before, then finals come and we leave them in the dust.

Geelong may well win this week, I hope not, but it is September when it really matters. Geelong are very good and should make the 8, but nothing erases a Grand Final loss.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is Montagna another Geelong lover?
He "Pegged" Geelong all last year and nothing has changed this year.
Where's Brad Johnson?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah, but they have beaten us in the H&A before, then finals come and we leave them in the dust.

Geelong may well win this week, I hope not, but it is September when it really matters. Geelong are very good and should make the 8, but nothing erases a Grand Final loss.

DS
The only time they’ve beaten us recently was in 2019 when we had half our side out injured. But yes despite the great win last week we are not at our best at this time of year as evidenced by our 4-3 record.

If we play at or near our best Geelong can’t match us. But that is not common for us at this stage of the year and we still have some really key players out. Really hope we will beat them but the goal is top 4.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think he comes from a generation where richmond were easy beats.
Exactly,
* Generation S. (SOOKS)
*X players, aged between 35-45.
*X player's that played between 2002-2016.
*X players that never lost a game playing against us
*X players that were programed playing us was equivalent to a BYE.
Examples, Brad Johnson, Leigh Montagna, Nick DaSanto,

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I think he comes from a generation where richmond were easy beats.
thats probably the hook
the measuring stick they lived by is "you never get beaten by richmond"
and now we are at the other end of the table they just can get over it

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Montagna never tips us. He doesn't understand how we win coz his champion data stats don't support it. Geelong will shoot itself in the foot if it wants to play fast and chaotic against us

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Which is ironic when you consider he played for the Saints who've been easybeats for most of their existence
Dates back to that game where we beat St Kilda and their coach Grant Thomas declared they were the better team and should have won. Irony is it is now the very modest ones from their team that can't acknowledge how good we are.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Montagna is lucky to have any sort of job there's not much between those ears

Reactions: 2 users