AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Do King and Montagna ever watch games? Or just bury their heads in Champion Data stats?

Montagna in particular is a goose. He went all in on Geelong last year and was adamant they’d beat us both times we played them. Kath Loughnan made him look like a fool all year. Now he’s doubling down and has declared Geelong as morals this week. They way he crapped on was like Richmond may as well just forfeit to protect percentage.

He also picked Freo last week; in a Derby! Shows how much he really knows; *smile* all.
Montagna adds very little to the show. He always backs down when Kingy challenges him

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think Malcolm Blight was worse then Chris Scott.
He only lost to us once while he was coaching Geelong in 1990.
North would cop slapping's in the early 70's.
When he went to Adelaide, he would have massive melt downs
Calling Pittman 'Pathetic', walking around the boundary while the game was still going and then saying that we weren't at Adelaide's level in 2017.
Which i put on par with Chris Scott's comment of 2018, 'They can be beaten'

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The previous 37 years prior to 2017, Turned our strong and ruthless club into the joke of the competition. We were never a threat for a flag, we would swap out coaches at will, the club never looked united.
Its going to take more then 4 years to rub those perceptions away.
We need now, a consistent next 10 years of finals, without any major collapses for these old perceptions to finally disappear.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think he comes from a generation where richmond were easy beats.
So if that's why he still does not rate the best AFL side from 2017-2020, just shows what an incompetent, unprofessional media "expert" (fake) he is. He is employed to commentate on AFL now, currently, not in his deluded past Aints 'glory days.'

What glory days anyway? Aints are rightly called that because their history is one of failure and under-achievement. One flag - in 1966.

It's gotta be just one thing. Pure, unadulterated envy for the Tigers.

[I can never forgot the great Nick Riewoldt taking that uncontested mark in the GS in their GF against the Skunks ... and playing on, allowing R. Shaw to catch him and spoil his kick! What an incredibly costly mistake.]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Well that in itself is a bloody joke, us cats are slower then treacle

who would you consider quick in your best 22 catman?

Rohan and Cameron? Narkle (debatable best 22?), I suppose greg-brian isnt slow. Tuohy?

tigers id consider quick: Castagna, balta, Grimes, broad, Pickett, Rioli, Mansell, Bolton, McIntosh, maybe Prestia,

interesting our midfield isnt overly quick. get it and get it outside to the speed

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well that in itself is a bloody joke, us cats are slower then treacle

Yep, totally don't understand why anyone would say that Geelong will beat us with fast pace.

Geelong will try and beat us playing their game, which is possession and get it forward slowly but deliberately. Seriously, Chris Scott must laugh at some of this commentary, why the hell would Geelong play to our strength and not their own? Scott is a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
So
What glory days anyway? Aints are rightly called that because their history is one of failure and under-achievement. One flag - in 1961.
jeez leon that’s a shocker. you’re either a teenager or you don’t know as much as you think you do.
What else are you getting so wrong?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
jeez leon that’s a shocker. you’re either a teenager or you don’t know as much as you think you do.
What else are you getting so wrong?
So 1966. Big deal. Either way, long time ago. So the point still holds. I'm not one of their supporters, so I don't really care.

But you need to make a fuss about it!? I get very little wrong, including taking others to task for trivia. Get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha