AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
And there you have it, she was on the money, again.
Not hard when you back the field.

"I said last Monday that that game against Melbourne had created a shift in thinking with Alastair and he might well dig in and I think it’s shifted again and I think he really does now envisage a scenario where he will try and be the better person and mentor Sam Mitchell into a senior coaching role next year, although I’m not convinced yet that it will happen."

The only thing keeping Clarkson at Hawthorn was the club refusing to budge on a full payout.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

"I said last Monday that that game against Melbourne had created a shift in thinking with Alastair and he might well dig in and I think it’s shifted again and I think he really does now envisage a scenario where he will try and be the better person and mentor Sam Mitchell into a senior coaching role next year, although I’m not convinced yet that it will happen."

The only thing keeping Clarkson at Hawthorn was the club refusing to budge on a full payout.
Yep.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

You can try to find a way out, but she called it first. Copped abuse for it, from all angles but now there's a lot of humble pie being eaten.

You've got to give her credit on this one.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You can try to find a way out, but she called it first. Copped abuse for it, from all angles but now there's a lot of humble pie being eaten.

What ? Only this week she’d back tracked and said she wasn’t sure now and he may dig in.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

A way out of what?

Clarko got cold feet about the handover but wasn't prepared to walk without full compensation. What Mitchell is alleged to have said or not said was a sideshow, really. Hence my referral to it as a half-story.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What ? Only this week she’d back tracked and said she wasn’t sure now and he may dig in.

After more meetings and discussions. She was feeding us what she was being fed from the club.

She was on the money, again.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
After more meetings and discussions. She was feeding us what she was being fed from the club.

Caro copped abuse (not from me) over the allegation that Mitchell said he'd prefer to work alone next year. She missed the scoop - that Hawthorn would fold on compo after previously standing resolute.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure Caro was 100% right.
She attacks Clarkson saying from the start he wouldn't stay till the end, Clarkson continually refuted that and today news beaks Clarkson has been sacked by the board.
I never heard her say he would be sacked. Everything she said was in regard to what Clarkson was going to do.
Still reckon she causes alot of in house fighting.
So if she us always Miss Right.
So are the clowns at our club not happy with Dimma, we will need to *smile* them off.
They become a cancer in the club.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Caro copped abuse for the whole story. Was accused of making everything up. She didn't say Mitchel straight out said he didn't want Clarko around. She said those in the meeting left it with the belief that Mitchell didn't want Clarko there next year.

She cops a lot of abuse, but more often than not there is substance to her stories.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

She may have been feeding what she was hearing, but regardless, as of Monday night on FC, as L2R2R pointed out she acknowledged she wasn’t entirely sure anymore based on comments from Clarkson, Mitchell and Kennett.

One things for sure, Jeff Kennett has confirmed what he’s always been: a lying ego maniac dhead. Long may he survive at Borethorn !

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

She wrote nothing factual. It was obvious from the time it was announced Clarko would not be there next year. She made up stuff about a meeting she was not at, but made sure she wrote something controversial. She's worse than Kornes, at least his all just opinion. She dresses her crap up as fact.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im all seriousness how long where they meant to keep Clarkson the performances were getting worse, the money he was on and the development of the squad

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Im all seriousness how long where they meant to keep Clarkson the performances were getting worse, the money he was on and the development of the squad
Agree. I actually think moving Clarko on is the right move - just they’ve handled it absolutely disastrously. He’s sounded a bit confused, same ole, and not as sharp the last couple of years - bit like Malthouse towards the end. Not sure if he hasnt passed his peak. Hopefully he goes and stuffs up Cwood or the Beyond Blues even more than they already are. Pagan, Malthouse, Clarko. What a trifecta of tragedy that would be !!!

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Apart from the money which the Hawks definitely did not want to concede, I'm not sure it's a disaster for Hawthorn. Mitchell was their man for the future and Clarko was in the way.

From July 8 when the succession plan was announced:
[Don] Scott... said the decision to end Clarkson’s stint as coach at the end of next season was “an excellent move” from the Hawks as they attempt to move into a new era under Sam Mitchell.

Scott said he expected Clarkson to negotiate an early release from his contract which finishes at the end of next season and coach elsewhere.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/b65424542af679ae92a1ef1a613bfcd0 (paywalled)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
She wrote nothing factual. It was obvious from the time it was announced Clarko would not be there next year. She made up stuff about a meeting she was not at, but made sure she wrote something controversial. She's worse than Kornes, at least his all just opinion. She dresses her crap up as fact.
You say she made up stuff then obviously she's a witch with a crystal ball.

She nailed it, again.