AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Robbo on Hird tonight -
"There's an argument, dunno if its real or not, I don't mind it, one way of getting over the drug saga that is hovering over the club is to bring Hird back and actually be successful and finish what you actually wanted to start"

WTF? How is this bloke getting paid to open his mouth or strike a keyboard and spew such nonsensical rubbish.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Robbo on Hird tonight -
"There's an argument, dunno if its real or not, I don't mind it, one way of getting over the drug saga that is hovering over the club is to bring Hird back and actually be successful and finish what you actually wanted to start"

WTF? How is this bloke getting paid to open his mouth or strike a keyboard and spew such nonsensical rubbish.
I like it.
Bring back Hird.
Bring back Bumber Thompson
Bring back Dank
Bring back the weapon

Reactions: 2 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Robbo on Hird tonight -

Is there a bigger idiot in the football media?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Robbo on Hird tonight -

This is truly fantastic; I’d like him to really lean into it and right a book about how a sporting organisation that sent their players to off site injection galleries was hard done by.

His thoughts need to be in print so that he can be laughed at for generations.

He could right what could end up an accidental cult comedy.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeez what a great man Bill Dempsey comes across as. A pure gentleman. I had never heard of him before. A magnificent career he carved out too. A good job by 360 to get him on.

As a kid who grew up in the bush the only stories I ever heard of aboriginals was that they were no hopers and drunks and to be feared. Never heard stories of guys like Bill Dempsey. It's sad.

Reactions: 3 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Jeez what a great man Bill Dempsey comes across as. A pure gentleman. I had never heard of him before. A magnificent career he carved out too. A good job by 360 to get him on.

As a kid who grew up in the bush the only stories I ever heard of aboriginals was that they were no hopers and drunks and to be feared. Never heard stories of guys like Bill Dempsey. It's sad.
What’s even better was that Billy grew up as a Tigers fan.

• Love

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Robbo on Hird tonight -
"There's an argument, dunno if its real or not, I don't mind it"
How's the eloquence? Not real? Did he dream it?

There was even more extreme stupidity. GW said there's a counter argument that that is not possible because it would be dredging it all up again, (his tone was one of mild shock and setting him straight). Robbo goes "oh? Really?" (as if it was new to him, someone who makes his living assessing and writing about all things football), "oh, OK, I can see that I suppose"..

You can't make this up.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hah hah hah...it'd be great if they brought Hird back (they won't). It'd consign them to more years of failure, guaranteed. He'd have to re-build that dump and every loss would be greeted with "ghosts of the past !" by the media making the job impossible and keeping them the losers that they are.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Someone get into Robbo's ear that there's a rumour that Dusty wants to go to Essendrugs.
He'll cream himself on TV.

• Haha

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Robbo on Hird tonight -

He has never stopped pushing the Hird barrow. Ad nauseum. Used to ghost write Hirds column in the paper years ago. Has no objectivity when it comes to Essendon at all. When the goose starts prattling on it might as well be Essendon 360 rather than AFL 360. He repeatedly called for Worsfold’s head when Essendon where struggling and used to throw expressions like ‘there are a number of people at Essendon who want James Hird back at Essendon”. Yeah. Him and Hird’s father……

Then when Essendon started travelling better, he was forced to shut up about Worsfold instead of “ he has the lost the players Gerard”

Now it’s Rutten’s turn. He is not an ‘Essendon” person so the knives come out fast. Hirdy is “Essendon royalty”, he was born to be better than the normal person. His pedigree is blue blood and God has appointed him to be King at Bomberland.

Long may that unbelievable attitude continue. The longer it does, the more they will be mired in mediocrity.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He has never stopped pushing the Hird barrow. Ad nauseum. Used to ghost write Hirds column in the paper years ago. Has no objectivity when it comes to Essendon at all. When the goose starts prattling on it might as well be Essendon 360 rather than AFL 360. He repeatedly called for Worsfold’s head when Essendon where struggling and used to throw expressions like ‘there are a number of people at Essendon who want James Hird back at Essendon”. Yeah. Him and Hird’s father……

Then when Essendon started travelling better, he was forced to shut up about Worsfold instead of “ he has the lost the players Gerard”

Now it’s Rutten’s turn. He is not an ‘Essendon” person so the knives come out fast. Hirdy is “Essendon royalty”, he was born to be better than the normal person. His pedigree is blue blood and God has appointed him to be King at Bomberland.

Long may that unbelievable attitude continue. The longer it does, the more they will be mired in mediocrity.
I wouldn't mind Ghosting Robbo off AFL 360.
Whoever produces it, needs to decide to either run the show to the ground Aka the footy show or start fresh with 2 X footballers.
Riewoldt & Riewoldt
Or Riewoldt & Nathan Jones
Buckley & Riewoldt
No way to Howard, King, Montanga, DaSanto and Lewis.
The show is impossible to watch

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I wouldn't mind Ghosting Robbo off AFL 360.
Whoever produces it, needs to decide to either run the show to the ground Aka the footy show or start fresh with 2 X footballers.
Riewoldt & Riewoldt
Or Riewoldt & Nathan Jones
Buckley & Riewoldt
No way to Howard, King, Montanga, DaSanto and Lewis.
The show is impossible to watch
That’s why I don’t LZ and get updates on PRE.

I’m glad I don’t!

Already had my run in with Robbo!

Reactions: 1 user

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Apparently on 360 on Monday, Mr Magoo said that there are still some current board members at Essendon that want Hird back as he has "Unfinished business" there!!

You can't make this sh!t up! :ROFLMAO: :rotfl1 :rotfl2

May Essendumb's long reign of mediocrity continue!

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Apparently on 360 on Monday, Mr Magoo said that there are still some current board members at Essendon that want Hird back as he has "Unfinished business" there!!

You can't make this sh!t up! :ROFLMAO: :rotfl1 :rotfl2

May Essendumb's long reign of mediocrity continue!
It was an incoherent ramble. He tried the whole redemption angle and life is about redemption.

At the end he still threw in that he thought they were hard done by. It was fan boy ranting at its best.

Still in denial phase of grief / occasionally slipping into bargaining.

Pretty pathetic.

The fact Hird is at an AFL club is enough of a second chance. If he does some decent time as an assistant / shows some genuine remorse then maybe time can heal some deep wounds.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It was an incoherent ramble. He tried the whole redemption angle and life is about redemption.

At the end he still threw in that he thought they were hard done by. It was fan boy ranting at its best.

Still in denial phase of grief / occasionally slipping into bargaining.

Pretty pathetic.

The fact Hird is at an AFL club is enough of a second chance. If he does some decent time as an assistant / shows some genuine remorse then maybe time can heal some deep wounds.
It was a bizarre rant, very unsubtley intimated Rutten should be sacked and Hird coach them.