AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone have a good laugh at Trelol's summary of the Chokers' doco? Bloody hell, they lose a GF and make a doco??

Copying again. "Figgy hugged me and said he loves me......"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Just copy everything the RFC do as have many other sides with at least 3 small fast forwards.

Win it first then do a doco.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone have a good laugh at Trelol's summary of the Chokers' doco? Bloody hell, they lose a GF and make a doco??

Yeah got a bit of vomit in my mouth watching that. What a joke.

Even my wife, who pays very little attention to anything outside of what’s happening at Richmond, commented on how it seemed they’re just copying what Richmond has done.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Irrelevant.
They carry on like they won it.
They made the GF like when port made it 2007 and when Melbourne made it 2000.
Nothing is guaranteed the following year.
Hopefully Brisbane uses the 2 first rounders wisely....

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

are you serious? they made a doc about losing a GF?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I might be a lone voice here among the Collingwood haters but I was actually very impressed with Adam's honesty and openness regarding his emotional response to the GF loss and the demands of being a professional footballer. Their anxiety is real and so is the potential for mental illness when trying to perform at a high level as they have their work performance judged by tens of thousands of fans every week. How many of us would like to have our work judged by so many people every week? Yes they are paid well but the stress they face is still significant and it's good that both Adam and Jordan showed their human side. I don't think that making fun of Adam for sharing an emotional moment with his coach, shows much class.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I might be a lone voice here among the Collingwood haters but I was actually very impressed with Adam's honesty and openness regarding his emotional response to the GF loss and the demands of being a professional footballer. Their anxiety is real and so is the potential for mental illness when trying to perform at a high level as they have their work performance judged by tens of thousands of fans every week. How many of us would like to have our work judged by so many people every week? Yes they are paid well but the stress they face is still significant and it's good that both Adam and Jordan showed their human side. I don't think that making fun of Adam for sharing an emotional moment with his coach, shows much class.
I feel for anyone with mental health problems.
In regards to Treloar i find it interesting that his struggles didn't stop him doing all the media stuff that he does. He has actually ramped up his media work this year by being on AFL 360 every, or at least most Tuesdays.

Reactions: 1 users

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
I think people are making fun of Buckley not Trelor

If people are choosing to work in the public lens and have the opportunity to make very big money they have to accept upfront that assessment from the public will occur - and harsh assessment for sure if things do not go to plan. To get anxious about it post this may mean players need to do better due diligence before getting into football; or get out once they realise the pressure is not worth it. Clubs would have all sort of frameworks and methods to educate and protect players from this scrutiny as well manage anxiety. To avoid the pressure players should not listen to the dimwits in the media and the noisy and agitating minority in social media - it is easy to switch it off. I have no sympathy for players or people in the work place earning well above a normal wage who complain about the pressure - go and get another job where the pressure is less (and the pay too).

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Buckley was on Scooter's show this morning. Konrad Marshall should sue Buckley for copyright infringements.

The one thing Buckley, and the Pies, don't get is that there is one key ingredient that needs to be there for this soft side to work. It's called sincerity, something that the Pies just don't have.

Also waiting for the first media head to actually say "You're copying the Richmond way of doing things"

Reactions: 5 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Buckley was on Scooter's show this morning. Konrad Marshall should sue Buckley for copyright infringements.

The one thing Buckley, and the Pies, don't get is that there is one key ingredient that needs to be there for this soft side to work. It's called sincerity, something that the Pies just don't have.

Also waiting for the first media head to actually say "You're copying the Richmond way of doing things"
I think you'll also find the Lions have elements of the tigers' system in their pressure and fast ball movement. Even the Dees started well last week but could not sustain it, same for the Bombers, not fit enough or good enough to keep it going.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I feel for anyone with mental health problems.
In regards to Treloar i find it interesting that his struggles didn't stop him doing all the media stuff that he does. He has actually ramped up his media work this year by being on AFL 360 every, or at least most Tuesdays.
His mental health struggles seemed to be more of an issue last year, so isn't it good to see him taking on more media this year?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
His mental health struggles seemed to be more of an issue last year, so isn't it good to see him taking on more media this year?
Yeah, it is. The worst thing someone with depression/anxiety issues can do is isolate themselves.

I'm sure there are more interesting and insightful players they could have on 360, but I'm not going to hang Treloar for taking the opportunity.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I think people are making fun of Buckley not Trelor

If people are choosing to work in the public lens and have the opportunity to make very big money they have to accept upfront that assessment from the public will occur - and harsh assessment for sure if things do not go to plan. To get anxious about it post this may mean players need to do better due diligence before getting into football; or get out once they realise the pressure is not worth it. Clubs would have all sort of frameworks and methods to educate and protect players from this scrutiny as well manage anxiety. To avoid the pressure players should not listen to the dimwits in the media and the noisy and agitating minority in social media - it is easy to switch it off. I have no sympathy for players or people in the work place earning well above a normal wage who complain about the pressure - go and get another job where the pressure is less (and the pay too).
I don't believe Adam was complaining about the mental pressure, he was just saying it is something he and all players have to deal with and it is good for the public to realise that when they are over the fence and abusing players who don't perform at their best. I admire AFL players and anyone in the workforce who can understand the pressures of their job, absorb the pressure yet still perform to the best of their ability. Naturally if the pressure becomes too much to handle and they can't take an extended break or change their work situation then leaving that workplace may be the only solution and the best thing for their mental health. Don't forget Buddy Franklin took extended leave to help his mental health and he came through it very well and would still be playing if not for his hamstring issue. Even last year Dusty had his mental struggles because of the lofty standards he set for himself in 2017.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I still can’t believe that the guy who directed the Choker’s film about not winning the GF is named Marcus Cobbledick.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nick Riewoldt said that the choice between Collingwood & Richmond could’ve contributed to Treloar anxiety issues.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users