AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Frankenstein Brown just said he is completely convinced the Lions can win the flag. This is the same side that scored 55p yesterday, and about 25 of those came in 10m in Q3.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Frankenstein Brown just said he is completely convinced the Lions can win the flag. This is the same side that scored 55p yesterday, and about 25 of those came in 10m in Q3.

He is talking like me at the pub in the 80s/90s/00s after a huge, and rare, 3 tigers wins on the trot.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004

Frankenstein...that's gold Jerry!!!
Watch them all hitch their wagons onto the Brions express.
Too me slice and dice that Neale dude and their isn't a lot of depth in the midfield.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
And that smuck Gary Lyon cut short the conversation when they were talking about Richmond, the **** does it all the time the ****** back dooring ****.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Interesting isn’t it - everything I’ve heard today is about how lions would be happy with their performance yesterday and they lost no fans etc.

Of course I’m biased but I thought it was a pretty comprehensive performance by the tigers. They came here full strength in hot form and got smashed early. They made a comeback off the back of a few cheap goals in about a 5-10min patch. We got hammered by the umps. Got little out of Lynch and Cotchin. They smashed us in clearances and threw everything they had around the contests. Our boys withstood it and went on to a comfortable win. If anything I thought it should’ve been about 7 goals at half time. Looked like we were cruising for most of the match.

Anyway just find it interesting all the commentary behind the lions performance. I think they have some concerns - kicking enough goals against our supreme backline seems the main one imo.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Interesting isn’t it - everything I’ve heard today is about how lions would be happy with their performance yesterday and they lost no fans etc.

Of course I’m biased but I thought it was a pretty comprehensive performance by the tigers. They came here full strength in hot form and got smashed early. They made a comeback off the back of a few cheap goals in about a 5-10min patch. We got hammered by the umps. Got little out of Lynch and Cotchin. They smashed us in clearances and threw everything they had around the contests. Our boys withstood it and went on to a comfortable win. If anything I thought it should’ve been about 7 goals at half time. Looked like we were cruising for most of the match.

Anyway just find it interesting all the commentary behind the lions performance. I think they have some concerns - kicking enough goals against our supreme backline seems the main one imo.

We missed at least 3 goals in the 1st and then 4 early in the 2nd.
No tackles in our F50 that's very unrichmondy.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Roos picked his 22 for AA and had Vlastuin in the back pocket. Brown had said earlier that he should be All Australian.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Frankenstein...that's gold Jerry!!!
Watch them all hitch their wagons onto the Brions express.
Too me slice and dice that Neale dude and their isn't a lot of depth in the midfield.
What a joke. He's convinced now that they lost? It's been obvious he's been hiding his bias all year on the show.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
We missed at least 3 goals in the 1st and then 4 early in the 2nd.
No tackles in our F50 that's very unrichmondy.
Did we play one out alot in the arch......
Think it was strategy, maybe. Not sure on the stats but Lynch was used differently. And Jack was the focus.
Didnt feel like we tackled as much all over the ground. Will probably be different in 2 weeks.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just watching On the Couch? Did we lose by 5 goals yesterday? Brown, Lyon and Healy all pulling themselves over the Lions. Is this the same Lions that just kicked 55 points against us? Brown is actually convinced they’ll win the flag after scoring 55 points in a 5 goal loss :rolleyes:. Only Roos was the voice of reason. Otherwise they barely even mentioned us. It was all about how much better Brisbane will be when we next meet.

Anyway they’re giving us nothing and that’s fine. They’ll all look like the morons they are when we take care of the same business again in 2 weeks.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not surprising with Brown. He’s never been the brightest bulb in the box, and he is a former Lions champion.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Roos has dobbed in Grimes supposedly illegally holding Cameron. Showed a few examples and there was nothing in any of them. In fact Cameron looked as if he was holding Grimes as much as anything. You can guarantee Grimes will get crucified in 2 weeks.

*smile* this is getting beyond a joke. They will stop at nothing to ensure we don’t win it this year.

*smile* em all!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Just watching On the Couch? Did we lose by 5 goals yesterday? Brown, Lyon and Healy all pulling themselves over the Lions. Is this the same Lions that just kicked 55 points against us? Brown is actually convinced they’ll win the flag after scoring 55 points in a 5 goal loss :rolleyes:. Only Roos was the voice of reason. Otherwise they barely even mentioned us. It was all about how much better Brisbane will be when we next meet.

Anyway they’re giving us nothing and that’s fine. They’ll all look like the morons they are when we take care of the same business again in 2 weeks.

Unbelievable isn't it??
Here is a bit of reality for Brown and co....
Brisbane played the best game they have played all year. They were at full strength and threw the kitchen sink at us.
We cut them to pieces in the first quarter and they looked lost.
The Tigers took their foot off the pedal quite noticeably in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and along with the reaming from the umpires, the Lions looked to be taking it up to us. But it was a mirage, it wasn't real.
We coasted to a 5 goal win barely in 2nd gear.

Yesterday the Lions revealed everything in broad daylight and gave Hardwick a good opportunity to dissect them apart.
Rest assured, the relentless pressure which the Tigers will unleash in 2 weeks will torch Brisbane.
And as for this statistic that Brisbane are 12-0 at home for finals....FFS give me a break!!

Reactions: 7 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Agree in spades with the above. There have been many echoing the same opinions and lauding the Lions - after that 5 goal loss, which should have been 8..
They will tinker and tidy up a few things apparently..
Ben Dixon says he saw the Premiers yesterday as well, Lions - Leigh Matthews says Lions took more away from the game, and so on..
On the Grimes thing. That happens to Lynch every week. If Hardwick throws it out there he is a whinger.
Fagan is one of these blokes that can do or say anything and he is universally loved for it..

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Ben Dixon has also come out and declared the Lions premiers.

15 fwd 50 tackles
Clearance dominance
Neale 51 touches
Zorko and McLuggage

So he's pretty much saying they played almost as good as they possibly could.... yet lost by 5 goals.

Logically, wouldn't we have more improvement in us?

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Lost some respect for the Lions after this game. The carry on is disgusting. I hope we enquire about why we get bent over each week by the umpires. The way we get shafted each weekend makes me sick.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This is perfect IMO.

All the hype and love for Brisbane.

Let them carry on.

Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just watching the Mincey and Yobbo show now. I’m confused. Who’s gonna win the flag? Is it Brisbane or the Bulldogs? They both appear unbeatable. Is the Grand Final between them this week? We must have gone out in straight sets did we?

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
This is perfect IMO.

All the hype and love for Brisbane.

Let them carry on.
Agree. It will be business as usual for the Tigers. We know what it takes to win in finals. Do Brisbane? I’ve lost count how many time players have talked about how the game goes to another level in finals and I expect us to bring our A game .