AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
To be fair, I reckon Robbo is bang on the mark.

If we lose on Friday, we'll be known as a great team that got stuck in a couple of Prelims. Chokers.

We've had a great few years, but I think if we lose to the Cats we'll have underachieved, and the haters will be all over us.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

If we lose on Friday, we'll be known as a great team that got stuck in a couple of Prelims. Chokers.

We've had a great few years, but I think if we lose to the Cats we'll have underachieved, and the haters will be all over us.
Yep, they are hard to win and I feel that if we don’t snag the 19’ Premiership it will be a lost opportunity.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Most at stake, best team for the last 3 years... 2017 Adelaide were, but choked, 2018 we were, 2019 Geelong are.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

yep, this is true. But you can also tell Blobbo really really wants this to happen.

Fair enough. We are defined as much by what we hate as by what we love. And I really hate Blobbo and Hateley. And Geelong.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Im pretty sure Dunstall just asked why wouldnt geelong have bought Varcoe in for Hawkins.
its a fair question. i would have thought it would be Varcoe or Caddy. Caddy would probably go ok as a 2nd tall forward if given the chance.

Reactions: 2 users

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Hey Jet, I get your points about RFC not getting its just kudos from so many sections of the media. But don't let it flame you.
Winners are grinners and irrespective of how much attention (or not) the Club gets, it is simply great to be a Richmond supporter.
Let's bask in the glory we bring and feel by supporting the Tigers.
Yeah, I fully agree with you BT.....I guess it just irks me that these buffoons in the media actually believe that they are talented, and if we happen to lose tomorrow, it will be unbearable.
In the meantime, no chance of me flaming out.... I’m fuelled up and ready to launch....can’t wait for tomorrow night, Sunday arvo, and the following Saturday

Go Tigers!

Also can’t wait for 360 on Monday night........

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
You could tell by the grin on Robbo's face that he is hoping we fail. Many of the media love to hate us and thrive when we fail.
I can categorically tell you, having worked in the media for over 20 years, and yes, for the biggest newspaper in this town, you are just wrong.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There is a thread on this guy elsewhere but has anyone noticed who the only person to tip against us on the afl site is? Yep, Barrett. He also tipped Brisbane in the qualifying final and west coast and Brisbane in the last two games. He really does hate us . I love the way he hates us, it is somehow satisfying

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, I fully agree with you BT.....I guess it just irks me that these buffoons in the media actually believe that they are talented, and if we happen to lose tomorrow, it will be unbearable.
In the meantime, no chance of me flaming out.... I’m fuelled up and ready to launch....can’t wait for tomorrow night, Sunday arvo, and the following Saturday

Go Tigers!

Also can’t wait for 360 on Monday night........

Go get 'em, Jet

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Giddy up

Attachments

• C80E565F-452B-4CAF-805D-4281BECB34B4.jpeg
    C80E565F-452B-4CAF-805D-4281BECB34B4.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 3

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Blobbo doesnt hate us per se imo, he mentioned a few weeks ago that the biggest story in his mind was how richmond would deal with last years demons in the lead up to the prelim and if we played the pies in the GF, that would also be the theme. I think the tribunal debacle has overshadowed it but he's taken that angle from weeks ago as the biggest news and fair enough to him. Just doing his job.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If it's a Tigers vs Budgies GF then surely the big story would be the Pies losing two GF in a row.

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
There is a thread on this guy elsewhere but has anyone noticed who the only person to tip against us on the afl site is? Yep, Barrett. He also tipped Brisbane in the qualifying final and west coast and Brisbane in the last two games. He really does hate us . I love the way he hates us, it is somehow satisfying

Yep, he is that predictable and boring.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I can categorically tell you, having worked in the media for over 20 years, and yes, for the biggest newspaper in this town, you are just wrong.
I would have to agree.

During our 2017 finals campaign, the H/S sales went through the roof. Premiership Posters, Brownlow pics of Dusty and general articles of Richmond.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I would have to agree.

During our 2017 finals campaign, the H/S sales went through the roof. Premiership Posters, Brownlow pics of Dusty and general articles of Richmond.

Well they can't ignore us when we're in the Grand Final. But Mike Sheahan is on record saying a negative story about Richmond will outsell a positive story. In fact a negative Richmond story outsells nearly all other types

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Well they can't ignore us when we're in the Grand Final. But Mike Sheahan is on record saying a negative story about Richmond will outsell a positive story. In fact a negative Richmond story outsells nearly all other types
Mike Sheehan....the leader of the pack when it comes to hating Richmond.

Reactions: 2 users