AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I really don't get this "we need to win another premiership or we've failed" stuff.
Every year, four teams get to a Preliminary Final and every year, only one of them wins a flag.
Statistically over the long term, if you bat 25% you are doing OK.

Under the current system, Adelaide and St Kilda are 0 from 5; North 0 from 4, Freo 0 from 3.
Collingwood are 1 from 8; Port 1 from 5.
All below average and they aren't the only ones.
At the other end of the scale, Brisbane are 3 from 4, Hawthorn 4 from 7 - the only two above 50%.
Even if we don't win the flag this year, we will be 1 from 4 - no better or worse than you could expect.

It's only a failure if you think we were unquestionably better even than top four, maybe top two.
In 2017, before the Grand Final, where did most pundits have us?
We finished third, but many thought we were fortunate to finish that high.
Rank outsiders, even winning it wasn't enough for some.

Last year, yes, we were the best team - that's the one of the four we most definitely should have won.
This year's result notwithstanding, it would still make us 1 from 4.

This year, even going into the last round, we had to beat the top side away, just to guarantee the double chance.

If we win the flag this year, we will be 2 from 4 and have massively over-achieved in terms of premierships from Preliminary Final finishes.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder if Yobbo will spend the next 12 months taking every opportunity on the show to bring up how Collingwood choked in the PF. Or does he just save that vitriol for Richmond?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I wonder if Yobbo will spend the next 12 months taking every opportunity on the show to bring up how Collingwood choked in the PF. Or does he just save that vitriol for Richmond?
Didn’t get a response from the pig when I asked him, “ how’s those Tiges Robbo” yesterday

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
You already know the answer, don’t you?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

He’ll go on how brave they were.
Then declare GWS as favourites

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Reading Robbo's article about Geelong losing, not us winning. He was really spewing that he had to change the article that he had written at half time about Richmond choking again.
He tacked on a couple of new paragraphs at the end about our win.
Them's the breaks Robbo, it pleases me that Richmond ruined your weekend.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Robbo says Salts decision to play Blicavs on the wing made sense......

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I really don't get this "we need to win another premiership or we've failed" stuff.
Every year, four teams get to a Preliminary Final and every year, only one of them wins a flag.
Statistically over the long term, if you bat 25% you are doing OK.

Under the current system, Adelaide and St Kilda are 0 from 5; North 0 from 4, Freo 0 from 3.
Collingwood are 1 from 8; Port 1 from 5.
All below average and they aren't the only ones.
At the other end of the scale, Brisbane are 3 from 4, Hawthorn 4 from 7 - the only two above 50%.
Even if we don't win the flag this year, we will be 1 from 4 - no better or worse than you could expect.

It's only a failure if you think we were unquestionably better even than top four, maybe top two.
In 2017, before the Grand Final, where did most pundits have us?
We finished third, but many thought we were fortunate to finish that high.
Rank outsiders, even winning it wasn't enough for some.

Last year, yes, we were the best team - that's the one of the four we most definitely should have won.
This year's result notwithstanding, it would still make us 1 from 4.

This year, even going into the last round, we had to beat the top side away, just to guarantee the double chance.

If we win the flag this year, we will be 2 from 4 and have massively over-achieved in terms of premierships from Preliminary Final finishes.
I would half agree with him. We have been the dominant team in the league since mid 2017. If we only end with 1 premiership in this time it would be extremely disappointing.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This piece of *smile* is at again
“Why the tigers can’t cross the line with sore Whitfield”
“If his surgery scar is hit, I expect the umpires to pay a free kick”

GAGFKD

• Haha

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
This piece of **** is at again

GAGFKD
If they go and punch him in the scar, I’d expect a free kick being paid, but a knee in the area in a marking contest or a hard tackle will be play on. Drunko is being melodramatic I suspect

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
This piece of **** is at again

GAGFKD

Really, is that true, if Whitfield is on the ground he's fair game, you can bet your life if it was a Tigers player Mummy would target him for sure.

If Robbo really said that it just reinforces what an imbecile he is.

Reactions: 3 users

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
Really, is that true, if Whitfield is on the ground he's fair game, you can bet your life if it was a Tigers player Mummy would target him for sure.

If Robbo really said that it just reinforces what an imbecile he is.
Bit harsh on imbeciles

• Haha

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Why doesn't Blobbo scrutinise the gws medical staff for even considering playing a guy who underwent an appendicectomy 10 days ago or so?
In the home and away season it would be a 3 week rest on the sidelines from contact sports.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geez, just when you think Robbo can’t get any more stupid.

Reactions: 2 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
I don't suppose Robbo took the same approach to the possibility of Mumford doing some dodgy stuff? Im guessing not