AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
They ALL will.
They will just sit & wait.
We will slide eventually, and then the Ninthmond jokes will return! But don't fret dear Tigers supporters, it's just the merry go round that is the AFL. We have had the ride of our lives as football fans, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's over, but one day our mighty club will be mortal again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
While watching On The Couch it struck me yet again that Nick Riewoldt is the only one who comes close to understanding what we do as a team.
Because he is the youngest of them and lived the life most recently. Plus I'm sure he gets a little inside intelligence from a certain Tiger.

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
King kills me. He said he Can’t understand why no one is copying us.
this coming from the same guy that doesn’t rate us or picked us to win a grand final.
Well other teams could try copying the Tiges; all they would need to do is spend 3-4 years drafting players with the right mix of speed, skill and courage and teach them a game plan that requires a laser focus; total commitment and a team first attitude at all times.

However I’m guessing that King thinks that all you need to do is ‘pressure really hard’, so in that respect can’t understand why ‘everyone’s not doing it’. I enjoy not watching Foxtel.

Reactions: 6 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
King kills me. He said he Can’t understand why no one is copying us.
this coming from the same guy that doesn’t rate us or picked us to win a grand final.

I saw that , Robbo said something similar earlier in the show , and whately replied with something like , they have tried , it doesn’t look the same , no one does it like Richmond ,

I know whately can be annoying with his Continuous voice of reason Angle on everything, but he does put us up as number 1 all the time

Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Whateley is a journalist first and a barracker second.

It's amongst the highest accolades you can pay a footy journo.

They're few and far between.

Reactions: 10 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Agree. I don't understand the consternation of his talent. Best we've got i believe, certainly the best since Grybas

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
His nose acts like a natural canopy, he can smoke a cigarette in the rain and it won't get wet

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Well other teams could try copying the Tiges; all they would need to do is spend 3-4 years drafting players with the right mix of speed, skill and courage and teach them a game plan that requires a laser focus; total commitment and a team first attitude at all times.

However I’m guessing that King thinks that all you need to do is ‘pressure really hard’, so in that respect can’t understand why ‘everyone’s not doing it’. I enjoy not watching Foxtel.
Nah, King thinks that all they have to do is define their brand, play the ball from the wing line to the logos amd make sure they don’t get beaten by what they already know.

The last of these things is very easy for him.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Whoops.........fixed now. Just to clarify it should have been "don't"! Thanks for pointing it out!

Sorry but i cannot agree with this.

He is an AFL lap dog first, second and third.

The way he pushed the AFL's agenda to " increase scoring" is the reason why I don't watch that show any more.

He has a deluded appreciation of his importance, Clinton Grybas has been an incredible loss to the sport

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

The way he pushed the AFL's agenda to " increase scoring" is the reason why I don't watch that show any more.

He has a deluded appreciation of his importance, Clinton Grybas has been an incredible loss to the sport

Yeah, agree with this. he's an AFL Lapdog first and foremost, pushing their agenda hard. The 6 6 6 and other rule changes that year were implemented after a year long campaign of Whately bringing it up at every chance on every platform. The game needs help, The scores are too low. We need more goals. AFL's duty is to change. Hocking has his committee loaded with stats and facts and AI and ML and they will bring the game back to a high scoring extravaganza.

The fact that since those rules changes we've had less goals than ever before is never mentioned. If anyone dares mention it, the blame goes to the coaches for focusing on winning games rather than making them exciting.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I know it’ll end eventually, but I so love it at present, even the salty text I got from a friend that follows the Pies. Couldn’t discuss the game, because he can’t get his head around us winning 3 in 4 years, when they’ve got 2 in 60+.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne

Yeah, agree with this. he's an AFL Lapdog first and foremost, pushing their agenda hard.
Geebus, listen to you two sad sacks! :))

Take a listen to this, from start to finish, and get back to me.

Whateley is a football fan just like the rest of us.

His ability to cast aside his bias is remarkable.

Reactions: 7 users