AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Wayne didn't achieve great success at Tigerland and it can be argued that GWS has underdelivered since (and before?) he was there. Also there was always chatter about figjamism at Tigerland among the leadership group while he played.

But apart from such scuttlebutt, what's the evidence behind statements that he needs to be kept 1000 miles away? Is it scapegoating or does anyone have anything solid to offer?

I had a bit to do with him
There was definitely Figjam within the playing group that existed when he first arrived at Richmond and was passed down to guys like Lids. Us and them ( young players ) mentality that has now completely changed. Campbell, Daffy, and even Knights didn’t see it as their job to inspire or encourage others.
He’s also not a natural communicator nor media performer so could never see him as a CEO. He’s a football administrator at best but he’s certainly not cancer. He does have a look on his face that people don’t naturally warm to

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I had a bit to do with him
There was definitely Figjam within the playing group that existed when he first arrived at Richmond and was passed down to guys like Lids. Us and them ( young players ) mentality that has now completely changed. Campbell, Daffy, and even Knights didn’t see it as their job to inspire or encourage others.
He’s also not a natural communicator nor media performer so could never see him as a CEO. He’s a football administrator at best but he’s certainly not cancer. He does have a look on his face that people don’t naturally warm to
I always noticed he & Knighta, two top players, never really got on close. Same with Chimp & Lids.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I knew him a little bit in the 90s, "doesnt suffer fools gladly", "tells it like it is" would be a couple of descriptors I'd use.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Cue Pricky and all of Geebung whinging now they definitely won't be playing at their dung heap.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wouldn't say I know him well but I've seen him on various occasions in a range of settings.

Apart from a shared involvement in the AFL industry we also come from the same area of Country Victoria and played in the same footy league.

Every time I have seen him I've been unimpressed with how he treats ordinary people. I find him arrogant, rude and just plain lacking in manners.
I remember a bit of figjamism through the media in the early/mid 90s when he and Daffy were at their peak.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
I remember a bit of figjamism through the media in the early/mid 90s when he and Daffy were at their peak.

Thats my feeling also. Dont forget, he Knighter and the other richo was basically all that was of any real talent the tiges had available.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I thought Campbell was pretty highly rated within the industry. Head a few speak positively about him over the years

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Soupy was possibly the 3nd most reliable set shot ive seen at Tigerland.

after Roach and Towner..

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
On the 'Furnace' seqment last next night.
Poindexter asked jabba if richmond was the real deal. Or something like that.
Jabba went with his usual that Collingwood slapped Richmond last year and there only redemption is to win it this year.
He is such a pinhead

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Re-watched AFL360 at the gym today. Robbo looks to be getting more hammered every week. Slurring his words and touching the guests.

Jack Riewoldt wasn't impressed when Robbo suggested to Jack that he had hunted down Liam Jones on Sunday to beat him up for the knock-down in Round one. Jack denied it, but Robbo prematurely launched into a tirade about what a great guy Liam was, what a great story he had, his mother died, he's back playing, he's so brave etc (and you Jack, hunted him down on Sunday "nah gahrn ya didinya haha!" *slap...).
Jack responded that he had spoken to Liam before the game and that their fathers had played footy together, there's a respect etc. You could hear Robbo moan before trying to end the banter and then Gerard Wetlettuce calls an end to the show.

Robbo. The pissed angry uncle everyone avoids at a wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
On the 'Furnace' seqment last next night.
Poindexter asked jabba if richmond was the real deal. Or something like that.
Jabba went with his usual that Collingwood slapped Richmond last year and there only redemption is to win it this year.
He is such a pinhead

Yobbo never ever misses a chance to point out that Scumwood slapped us in the PF last year. Never.

Like many in the media he liked it much better when we were *smile* and he could laugh at us. He can't deal with the new world order. He's just a suck.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yobbo never ever misses a chance to point out that Scumwood slapped us in the PF last year. Never.

Like many in the media he liked it much better when we were **** and he could laugh at us. He can't deal with the new world order. He's just a suck.
Don't you mean smuck:))

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I used to like Whately but can't stand him now. Those two are unwatchable. Wetlettuce is a good descriptor. And as for Slobbo, if I want to listen to drunk incoherent guys I can just go down the local.