AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
That's what I was thinking. Lyon's not on OTC because of this. I wonder how Dunstall feels, but I must say, even though Bounce I never liked and is more for the kids, I watched the show a few times after the last Sunday AFL game and never liked Dunstall constant smart-arse attitude (bullying?) on Spud. I wonder if that played a part in his depression.

I don't thinks so. I think they were quite close and it was all part of the entertainment.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't thinks so. I think they were quite close and it was all part of the entertainment.
I just noticed Spud's comments just a few weeks ago on Dunstall calling him a no-hoper or something like that, which looking at Spud's expression, somehow looked like it hit him a bit hard, as he kept on questioning Dunstall "why did you call me that?"

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm looking forward to hearing Blockhead Brown's take on our demolition of Brisbane (part 2)

Full of excuses I bet.
Poosy was impressed with Brisbane's early game than our overall win. Work that one out somehow.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Some really touching moments on Fox tonight. Was all very moving then Mark Robinson had to go and emphasize the time that germ spat on Danny. ... they even showed the clip.
Him and whoever produces the show have zero sense of the moment!
It's supposed to be a tribute and he should have left that for rag he writes for!
It was the way he worded it that annoyed me ,

He said when he was coaching Richmond they spat on him,

They , plural , like more than one person , or more than one incident

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Robbo revealed his true feelings tonight when he said "why does bloody Richmond have all the fast" either players or forwards after that.

"bloody Richmond" glad to see we *smile* him off that much

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

That's just disgustingly tasteless by Blobbo and I don't even have Foxtel. But, at this tragic time, to highlight that and use it to launch more invective at RFC and all its supporters is beneath low. I can only say - Blobbo, your mental health needs attention too. You are warped and twisted. Seek counselling urgently.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

As dark as 2004 was - and it was obvious even then that Frawley was on the way out, with Richmond on the bottom - nobody ever defended or justified the spitter.

I can think of a dozen more enduring moments from Frawley's time as coach, let alone his more successful playing and media careers. But Robbo opportunistically ensured its persistence in the Richmond mythology.

The spitter, who hailed from Brisbane, would be 38. Wonder whether he was at Saturday's game, and how he feels now?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i don't watch Blobbo, or read his words anywhere. but i know the spitting story, and for him to seek that out and show it at a such a time shows the measure of the man. what a fkn tool.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That's what I was thinking. Lyon's not on OTC because of this. I wonder how Dunstall feels, but I must say, even though Bounce I never liked and is more for the kids, I watched the show a few times after the last Sunday AFL game and never liked Dunstall constant smart-arse attitude (bullying?) on Spud. I wonder if that played a part in his depression.
Please, that was completely tongue in cheek and spud loved both taking the *smile* and having it taken out of him. They are/were great mates. Ridiculous insinuation.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Robbo revealed his true feelings tonight when he said "why does bloody Richmond have all the fast" either players or forwards after that.

"bloody Richmond" glad to see we **** him off that much
Who can forget when he railed and carried on about the tigers being able to recruit Lynch?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Interesting isn’t it.
Media love the smell of blood when a coach is struggling. love putting a coaches head on the chopping block to sell more papers and tighten the screws on their careers. They’ll push and push till the coach is sacked.
None will take responsibility for their action here
But will happily point the finger at a club and supporters for certain treatment they received.

Reactions: 5 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

"bloody Richmond" glad to see we **** him off that much

Robbo, I know you read this site because, well, you don't seem talented or competent enough to work for your stories. It's called good recruiting, doing your homework and due diligence, having well run onfield and offfield departments. If you followed a well run club, you would be able to know the signs. Here's hoping you and your club are the butt of jokes for years, decades to come like we were.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
To Robbo's credit, he wrote a good article after driving to Bungaree today. His article on Trevor Barker's mum after Barker was inducted into the Hall of Fame was also very good. He's in his element with that kind of non-partisan stuff.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Dont have Fox so have to ask. After this show went really hard at Dusty earlier this year when he was suspended. (Whaatley especially jumped in with both feet). Did they even have a go re the soft penalty given to the Grub Green for his act??

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Dont have Fox so have to ask. After this show went really hard at Dusty earlier this year when he was suspended. (Whaatley especially jumped in with both feet). Did they even have a go re the soft penalty given to the Grub Green for his act??
Before the tribunal hearing, if my memory serves me correctly, Blobbo looked at the footage and said there was nothing in it, maybe only a free kick against Greene. Kermit did not agree with him.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Before the tribunal hearing, if my memory serves me correctly, Blobbo looked at the footage and said there was nothing in it, maybe only a free kick against Greene. Kermit did not agree with him.
Yeah the media as a whole seemed to be grooming us for a light penalty. A lot of talk about the footage not showing enough, don’t know what he’s doing with his hands etc. Does it matter what exactly he was doing with his hands. There is no justification for his hands to be anywhere near someone’s face in that situation.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The fact that Greene stopped then resumed his actions is damming imo - it makes his actions deliberate and not part of the tackle.

It totally astounds me all this talk that the head is protected, can’t be touched, bumped, etc and then this.

Typical AFL - all talk then no action.

Reactions: 1 users