AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
The whole media world wants Brissi to win so theyh can spread it all over the news. Remember last year prior to Granni - it was ALL about GWS. This is nothing but a continuation of that. Press will already have the headlines written hoping they can go to print

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
don't blame anyone for hating us really

At least give us credit, then. None of this "gifted MCG finals", "only beat interstate teams", "all pressure no skill" rubbish. These things weren't raised about other great teams.

This year is different. I want us to imprint our greatness on their DNA.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
At least give us credit, then. None of this "gifted MCG finals", "only beat interstate teams", "all pressure no skill" rubbish. These things weren't raised about other great teams.

This year is different. I want us to imprint our greatness on their DNA.
Totally agree.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Yobbo openly admitted last night that he hopes Brisbane wins. He said he tipped Richmond but wants Brisbane to win.

More proof that the AFL media really does not like us winning flags.
More likely just supporting the underdog, as Aussies like to do. I've thought the same way when Richmond were not in the finals eg. when the Demons reached the GF but I knew they weren't good enough to win. I don't think Robbo minds us being successful bc that means more Richmond articles & photos = more HS papers sold...confirmed by personal experience.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Most non Richmond supporters probably want Brisbane to win. They’re the underdog.
Granted. But again, there was no media cheerleading for us when we were the underdog in 2017. All I recall was death riding a la "straight sets" Dal Santo.

And when we won it was all about how unfair it was that the Crows had to play us at our home ground in the grand final and if the game was at Adelaide Oval the Crows would have won.

Funny; I never heard anyone complaining about Hawthorn beating West Coast at the MCG in 2015. Especially when West Coast finished above them on the ladder and smashed them in the QF in Perth.

Reactions: 11 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We did have a few cheering us on. Dal Santo is a *smile*, always has been. I think he spent too long at #lolnorf, and their irrational hatred of us rubbed off on him. True the MCG is an unfair advantage bs really ramped up after we won.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think in 2017 in general we did have a lot of neutrals and media supporting us. It's the aussie way. Now we are too good so have to cut us down.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In 2017 we had half of Adelaide certainly cheering for us.

It was the opposite of today. Most pundits picked Adelaide but said it would be great for Richmond to win. Back then we only listened to the fact they picked Adelaide. 18,19 and now we're only listening to second bit where they would like the opposition to win.

We're the obvious favourites but a fair margin, it's only natural for the neutrals to hope for the under-dog to win. But they'll put their money on us.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Granted. But again, there was no media cheerleading for us when we were the underdog in 2017. All I recall was death riding a la "straight sets" Dal Santo.

And when we won it was all about how unfair it was that the Crows had to play us at our home ground in the grand final and if the game was at Adelaide Oval the Crows would have won.

Funny; I never heard anyone complaining about Hawthorn beating West Coast at the MCG in 2015. Especially when West Coast finished above them on the ladder and smashed them in the QF in Perth.
Hawthorn beat all I/S teams in tier 3peat but i have never heard that claim used against them

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We did have a few cheering us on. Dal Santo is a *smile*, always has been. I think he spent too long at #lolnorf, and their irrational hatred of us rubbed off on him. True the MCG is an unfair advantage bs really ramped up after we won.
It's a ridiculous claim, our draw never helped us for many yrs pre '17 & it's the same now as it was then (in a normal season)

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Hawthorn beat all I/S teams in tier 3peat but i have never heard that claim used against them

Exactly. When I get idiot friends mention this I always say something like:

"The Melbourne based clubs weren't even able to make it to the Grand Final what does it say about them?!". That normally shuts them up!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Exactly. When I get idiot friends mention this I always say something like:

"The Melbourne based clubs weren't even able to make it to the Grand Final what does it say about them?!". That normally shuts them up!
Exactly, if the MCG is such an advantage why were we a rabble for so long & why are Melbourne still a rabble, they get a similar draw to us yr on yr

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Kudos to 360 last night. It was a Tiger love fest. Very enjoyable TV.

No Geelong sob stories from Whateley, to his eternal credit.

Robbo was generous to a fault.

Well played, 360.

Reactions: 9 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
You can disregard one flag, even two if that second one was against a banged up, soulless, GWS.
But if you continue not to rate any team that wins three flags in four years, you start to look like an idiot.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I wish I'd been able to see it then.

I gave up watching that show 18 months ago, and started enjoying the football again.