AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Richmond's fall is coming?

Well, yes, so is sunset. Every club who reaches the top will fall eventually, that is life. We enjoy it while we are there and hope it lasts as long as possible, but even the Machine stopped winning flags after 4 years.

Are these morons actually capable with coming up with anything which is not stating the bleeding obvious?

Now if they actually had half a brain between them they would be looking at the way the rules have changed the game, take into account that it is early in the season and a reaction will reduce the impact of the changes, and come up with some ideas as to how impact of the new rules will be lessened and what football might look like once it settles, and which teams are likely to rise and fall. Instead they just wank themselves over the genius of the AFL. To be fair the AFL probably look like geniuses compared to what they see in the mirror.

No wonder I have never watched any football shows.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mark Manure reckons we're gone.....where did they get this clown from?
Manure always reckons we’re gone. It sticks in his throat having to admit we’ve won 3 flags recently. He’s a relic from the days when Carlton and Richmond players disliked each other on and off the field. He has no credibility where Richmond are concerned as he has openly admitted that he despises us.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Manure always reckons we’re gone. It sticks in his throat having to admit we’ve won 3 flags recently. He’s a relic from the days when Carlton and Richmond players disliked each other on and off the field. He has no credibility where Richmond are concerned as he has openly admitted that he despises us.
Has zero analysis and just goes with the flow. Bags the losers of the week and praises the winners of the week.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
It was a surprise to lose to the Swans and the end of this era will come at some point and it might even be upon us now. Who knows?
But people have short memories. They should look at the progress of 2019.
After Round 14, we were 7-6 with a percentage of 92.0 and in ninth position (actually, I wonder how many eventual premiers have been out of the eight so late in the season).
We had lost to - wait for it - Collingwood, GWS, the Bulldogs, NORTH MELBOURNE, Geelong and Adelaide (the last three in consecutive matches).
Thank God for that sensational win over Port in Adelaide with Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt and Rance (still at the time an active player) all out. We'd have been 1-3 and just about done and dusted had we not won that game.
We didn't lose another game and won the Grand Final by the greatest (relative) margin ever.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
It was a surprise to lose to the Swans and the end of this era will come at some point and it might even be upon us now. Who knows?
After Round 14, we were 7-6 with a percentage of 92.0 and in ninth position (actually, I wonder how many eventual premiers have been out of the eight so late in the season).
We had lost to - wait for it - Collingwood, GWS, the Bulldogs, NORTH MELBOURNE, Geelong and Adelaide (the last three in consecutive matches).
Thank God for that sensational win over Port in Adelaide with Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt and Rance (still at the time an active player) all out. We'd have been 1-3 and just about done and dusted had we not won that game.
We didn't lose another game and won the Grand Final by the greatest (relative) margin ever.

Unbelievable really. Great post!

The decline of the tigers is a story - and that’s what the football media crave. Whether or not it’s actually happening - well that’s a different story.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He wasnt happy. He threw away an half smoked cigarette and bolted back inside.
He must cop it all the time. Not underserved. Then he goes back to his safe space at Fox Studios and waves his arms around while speaking as though he's saying something of great import. 360 is fantasyland.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think the Port game in 2019 was the first time we’d gone into a game without at least one of Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin in a game for something like 10 years.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yeah, but he despises us because we were so good when he played. To be fair Carlton were bloody good too. The pity is that there aren't so many who despise us from the 80s, 90s and 00s because we were inoffensive. Maclure despising us is something I relish because I remember the reason why he despises us: :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Feels great to be despised again.

DS

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I switched off when I heard Maclure was on. He is a fossil who cannot addd quality football analysis to the show.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im emtional That's beautiful

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Apparently “huge ramifications” for whoever loses this week. FMD. 4 rounds into a 22 round season and this flog Elmer Fudd wants to write one of us or Port off if either goes 2-2.

Hah hah hah. You couldn’t make this stuff up.....”huge ramifications.”

• Haha

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Mark McClure is a dud football personality and a dud commentator.

An example was his bagging of JR for staying stagnant in the goal square during one of our forward entries in the last quarter.

The reality was that Jack had thrown out a long lead that was ignored and returned to deep forward while we chipped and stuffed around before tacking a ping at goal.

It reminded me of his comments re Richo round 1, 2009 when he lined up on the wing against Waite. Ball was bounced and Richo tore into the centre square from the wing. Waite stood back and the ball was spat back otu to him. He took off on the run. Richo emerged from the mass of players in the middle and charged for the defensive goal square as he was now on the opposite side of the square to Waite.

Waite goaled, and Mark McClure was laying the boots into Richo for not chasing his opponent even though his opponent had simply slacked off the play and was lucky the ball came back out to him.

MCClure's description to radio listeners was that Richo was standing back on the wing with his hands on his hips watching his opponent run off while others gave chase.

He's a first class fabricator of his own deceitful anti Richmond narrative!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Apparently “huge ramifications” for whoever loses this week. FMD. 4 rounds into a 22 round season and this flog Elmer Fudd wants to write one of us or Port off if either goes 2-2.

Hah hah hah. You couldn’t make this stuff up.....”huge ramifications.”
He’s done his homework. In 2019 we were 2-2, in 2020 we were 1-1-2
I can’t quite remember how we ended up

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users