AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Drunk. Chasing two dogs. Tripped over and into a pond (code for sewage hole) in his backyard.

Now incoherently rambling about the Mackay incident.
That's probably where he banged his head and started to dream Bolts is a definite for his Bummers. What a dill.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That's probably where he banged his head and started to dream Bolts is a definite for his Bummers. What a dill.
Oh and Ryan’s kick was 14.5m …so close enough.

Not sure of the methodology or technology used but Mince says it’s ok so it must be ok.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Not sure of the methodology or technology used but Mince says it’s ok so it must be ok.
Nearly spat at the TV when I saw that. How about the ball just hitting the ground when that bearded goof grabbed it??

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Is Mince going to get the virtual tape measure out like he did for the mark that Cameron wasn’t paid against the Swans?

Oh that’s right. That was Geelong being ripped off and this is Richmond. Thought not.

Carry on nothing to see here. Richmond getting ripped is good for footy.

Reactions: 6 users
Feb 25, 2007

I don't know what *smile* measuring stick he used but that was not 14.5 meters. Funny on the couch they said 10-11 meters. Most comments I've read have been saying 8-10 meters. What I can say categorically that kick was not 15 mts, so play on!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He did get the tape out, that's where the 14.5 came from.
Ha ha really I was taking the *smile*. Fair enough but my grade 3 maths tells me 14.5 is not 15. Is the media up in arms about it like the Cameron mark?

Thought not.

Have I missed Dan Richardson’s apology?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't know what *smile* measuring stick he used but that was not 14.5 meters. Funny on the couch they said 10-11 meters. Most comments I've read have been saying 8-10 meters. What I can say categorically that kick was not 15 mts, so play on!!!
Yep. Roughly measuring on TV doesn't even look 10m.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not sure paying a mark .5 metres short will be at the top of the pile of umpire errors needing attention from the weekend. ;)
Agree. I’m venting. Still pissed at blowing that game.

But while we are at it what about the insane free kick against Marlion for a dangerous tackle. Surely that deserves some feedback. They are *smile* with the fabric of the game if they start paying that. But I guess that is right in SHocking’s wheelhouse.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
no discussion on the dangerous tackle free?

How about the one that actually resulted in a goal? The Grimes handball. Looked like a clear handball to me. Considering some of the "disposals" let go every week, its crazy how they picked that one out.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
How about the one that actually resulted in a goal? The Grimes handball. Looked like a clear handball to me. Considering some of the "disposals" let go every week, its crazy how they picked that one out.
The randomness of when a throw free kick is payed is infuriating. They happen constantly and are mostly ignored. Holding the ball is also infuriating but there are a lot of variables. What exactly is prior? Ump often apparently says 'no prior' just to justify not paying it, because more often than not there is prior. Or if he feels like paying it, or to justify paying it he might say 'dragged it it in' when he didn't, or he might say 'no genuine attempt' when there was, or at least just as much of a fake genuine attempt as the prior ones than weren't paid. It does my head in, Complete debacle.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another was paid today in the Pies vs Dees game. Player head didnt hit ground but they "deemed " it dangerous. Confused players.

Yeah I saw that. With players flopping forward in a tackle to get an in the back free, the response has been to tackle a player and drag them sideways so they can't flop. Yet again, the problem is caused by not clamping down on players trying to milk frees. What a mess they are making of the game.

DS

Reactions: 1 users