AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Possibly one of the unfunniest shows on television.

the fact they have continued the same show after spud has passed is a disgrace, especially since the late spud was the only one that was actually funny

Reactions: 1 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
There wasn't any triangulation done in the ARC. It needs at least two synchronised cameras.

They don't even have their own cameras.

They just use whatever the TV stations relay to them and in this case there was only one camera shot available. Their claim that they looked at all possible views was true, they looked at all one of them in that 15 seconds. I haven't seen any mention by the ARC or AFL of triangulation.

Tennis uses it. Afl "technology"is about ten years behind tennis' technology.

Reactions: 7 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
sorry I don't understand why anyone is even looking at all of that

Just watch this and all arguments are over, it's a goal

the only thing we should be discussing is why their precious technology creates some doubt about something that is clearly a goal

I just watched that 10 times and I still can't decide if it went right of the post, left of the post or over the post. o_O

Reactions: 1 user

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
My understanding of triangulation is (1) AFL survives off the back of gambling (2) AFL cannot admit it was a mistake as the gamblers would be able to sue for lost bets (3) the fans will always follow their teams so the AFL can let them eat *smile*

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
He plays the goose a bit but in real life is one of the best blokes you would want to meet.
Interesting Ghost. My auntie, who was recovering from cancer, was a big fan of Mooney. My uncle and auntie were out for dinner one night and a few of the Geelong boys were at the same place. My uncle approached Mooney to ask for a photo with my auntie, saying she was recovering from cancer surgery and would love a photo. Mooney told him where to go in no uncertain terms. Lingy was with the Geelong players and was embarrassed by Mooney's reaction and went over to my auntie and uncle's table and apologised and had a great chat with them, got a photo and wished her the best with her recovery.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
the fact they have continued the same show after spud has passed is a disgrace, especially since the late spud was the only one that was actually funny
I haven’t watched it since they brought in the live audience. It got a bit forced after that and the humour was lost.

I hope they retired the golden fist out of respect for Spud

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
No disrespect to Spud, but nothing about that show has ever been funny. Although Dunstall’s early dribble kick rants get an honourable mention.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hawkins talking up how good it is living on the surf coast.
'20 mins door to door from home to the club"
Big Deal. Not everyone likes surfing

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
You need to get your eyes checked. That was a goal, absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Nar, don't see it sorry. I watched it on super slow mo a few more times and it looks like it is going to be a goal when the time ticks .12 but by the second half of that second it looks over the post or even outside and the goal umpire is looking straight up so I don't reckon it is over the line. The by 13 it looks a goal but I think it is through.

There's just no way to tell without knowing the exact point the ball crosses the line I don't think.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Nar, don't see it sorry. I watched it on super slow mo a few more times and it looks like it is going to be a goal when the time ticks .12 but by the second half of that second it looks over the post or even outside and the goal umpire is looking straight up so I don't reckon it is over the line. The by 13 it looks a goal but I think it is through.

There's just no way to tell without knowing the exact point the ball crosses the line I don't think.
Therefore the rules say that it is a goal because that was the goal umpires call. What you have described is the definition of a call that cannot be overruled on video evidence.

The question is not “was it a goal?” The question is “why was it overruled on this evidence? “

That is a big question.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Exactly there is no way to tell so it had to be Umpires Call.

Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Therefore the rules say that it is a goal because that was the goal umpires call. What you have described is the definition of a call that cannot be overruled on video evidence.

The question is not “was it a goal?” The question is “why was it overruled on this evidence? “

That is a big question.
At no point is the ball to the left of the post.

Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Interesting Ghost. My auntie, who was recovering from cancer, was a big fan of Mooney. My unlcle and auntie were out for dinner one night and a few of the Geelong boys were at the same place. My uncle approached Mooney to ask for a photo with my auntie, saying she was recovering from cancer surgery and would love a photo. Mooney told him where to go in no uncertain terms. Lingy was with the Geelong players and was embarrassed by Mooney's reaction and went over to my auntie and uncle's table and apologised and had a great chat with them, got a photo and wished her the best with her recovery.
That’s no good if correct. My interactions with him have been great.