AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
This. But the AFL didn’t follow their rules on the night. It’s that simple in my humble opinion.
The ARC started drinking their own bath water after getting a lot right. It was pure arrogance that made them think they could call that a point. Part of the culture at that joint no doubt

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I just watched that 10 times and I still can't decide if it went right of the post, left of the post or over the post. o_O
And this is where you lose a lot of posters. It clearly doesn't go to the left of the post yet you claim to have watched it ten times and can't work that out? Seriously?

It's disingenuous in the extreme. It's why you get called out a lot, it appears to be deliberately inflammatory. My question is why? You are obviously intelligent and logical (most of the time) yet can write complete *smile* like this.

Reactions: 6 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
And this is where you lose a lot of posters. It clearly doesn't go to the left of the post yet you claim to have watched it ten times and can't work that out? Seriously?

It's disingenuous in the extreme. It's why you get called out a lot, it appears to be deliberately inflammatory. My question is why? You are obviously intelligent and logical (most of the time) yet can write complete *smile* like this.

The thing is you have an enormous cognitive bias towards Richmond coupled with a high level of confidence in your own opinion, and it renders you unable to see any credibility in other views. Then the huge level of confirmation bias on this forum puts the icing on the cake. It's like a thinking man's Dunning Kruger effect.

There is clearly a moment in that footage where the ball is perhaps over the post and perhaps slightly left of it and there is no way to tell where it happens in relation to the line. There's a reason so many people have said they think the right decision was made but with the wrong process. But of course through the bias lens that's gaslighting or AFL led media so we just dismiss that out of hand.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The thing is you have an enormous cognitive bias towards Richmond coupled with a high level of confidence in your own opinion, and it renders you unable to see any credibility in other views. Then the huge level of confirmation bias on this forum puts the icing on the cake. It's like a thinking man's Dunning Kruger effect.
It's not an opinion based on evidence though TBR, you clearly are taking the *smile* if you can say you can't agree the ball didn't go to the left (ie in front of) the post. That's your choice, but it just makes me question just how genuine your posting is in other instances.

Reactions: 3 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I can't tell if the ball goes directly over the post or disappears behind the post. The video resolution just isn't good enough to be definitive one way or the other.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
It's not an opinion based on evidence though TBR, you clearly are taking the *smile* if you can say you can't agree the ball didn't go to the left (ie in front of) the post. That's your choice, but it just makes me question just how genuine your posting is in other instances.

You just can't see anything that doesn't match what you want to see.

As @WildStyle says it is impossible to tell where the ball is in relation to the post and it is at one point seemingly over the post and curving left to right. All three outcomes have to be in play.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
You just can't see anything that doesn't match what you want to see.

As @WildStyle says it is impossible to tell where the ball is in relation to the post and it is at one point seemingly over the post and curving left to right. All three outcomes have to be in play.
The fact remains the umpire's call was a goal. If there is no definitive evidence to overturn the umpire's call then it should be a goal. As you yourself has stated you can't tell where the ball went so in no way can you make a definitive call. Therefore it should have stayed a goal.

The gaslighting comes from the AFL telling us that there is definitive proof when in fact there is none. Then 2 weeks later they release a graph that looks like something I drew in year 8 maths class.

What a load of garbage. They *smile* us over and they know it.

Reactions: 13 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Although it's fun to have a go at the AFL who's carnival of missteps is fun to laugh at it in general, it looked like it travelled above the post to me watching live, and the replay footage doesn't do anything to definitively prove that it didn't.

I was actually shocked when the umpire said he thought it was a goal.

Sorry, my perspective only...

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Although it's fun to have a go at the AFL who's carnival of missteps is fun to laugh at it in general, it looked like it travelled above the post to me watching live, and the replay footage doesn't do anything to definitively prove that it didn't.

I was actually shocked when the umpire said he thought it was a goal.

Sorry, my perspective only...
You are perfectly entitled to your perspective; apology not required. However in this instance your perspective does not matter; it is the perspective of the goal umpire that matters. He called a goal and there is no definitive evidence to say it wasn't a goal; no matter what gaslighting rubbish the AFL throws up. They completely ignored their own well documented process to *smile* us over.

Reactions: 9 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The fact remains the umpire's call was a goal. If there is no definitive evidence to overturn the umpire's call then it should be a goal. As you yourself has stated you can't tell where the ball went so in no way can you make a definitive call. Therefore it should have stayed a goal.

The gaslighting comes from the AFL telling us that there is definitive proof when in fact there is none. Then 2 weeks later they release a graph that looks like something I drew in year 8 maths class.

Yes, agreed althought I don't think that was the AFL's graph, someone said it was from social media after the game.

I'm still disappointed we haven't heard from Hardwick in terms of if he accepts the decision or not. Bit soft for me.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, agreed althought I don't think that was the AFL's graph, someone said it was from social media after the game.

I'm still disappointed we haven't heard from Hardwick in terms of if he accepts the decision or not. Bit soft for me.
Yeah not sure about the graph. Thought it was an AFL thing but it may not be. Regardless, they have yet to produce any definitive evidence that the overrule was correct.

And yes I also thought we may get some type of closure via the club. I don't think there is any doubt that the club, including Dimma, have been nobbled in some way.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'd say if he'd accepted it we'd have heard about it. Most likely he's decided to pick his battles given he won't win this one.

Reactions: 10 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
You've done well for yourself for someone who struggled so hard at maths Ridley.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jordan Lewis & Eddie Betts on tonight will make it interesting.

Sam Mitchell, and strangely, Shaun Burgoyne say they know nothing.

• Sad

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
gene wilder pure imigination GIF
The AFL and their ARC….they have nothing.