AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
You just can't see anything that doesn't match what you want to see.
And I am not in the camp it was definitely a goal. It's impossible to tell from what we have seen. But I do know its not certain it is a point either.

What's frustrating is the lack of accountability. I
The fact that you dismiss the idea of the ball missing as being disingenuous in the extreme when many, many people have that exact view shows the extent of your objectivity, or lack thereof.
lies lies TBR. I didn’t say it could not have been a point. I couldn’t say one way or the other. I said there is no way it crossed in front of the post. Don’t make things up, this is exactly why I take some of your views with a grain of salt - disingenuous.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
lies lies TBR. I didn’t say it could not have been a point. I couldn’t say one way or the other. I said there is no way it crossed in front of the post. Don’t make things up, this is exactly why I take some of your views with a grain of salt - disingenuous.

Huh? Then I have no idea what you are saying because you just said this:
It clearly doesn't go to the left of the post

If it clearly didn't go to the left of the post but it might have been a point, then you are saying it might have gone directly over the post but it definitely didn't go to the left of it?

That's an extraordinary level of confidence in detail on a poor quality shot I think.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I have done some work with motion tracking and linear interpolation in a live action sense previously.

Trying to get anything accurate out of a 2d plane is like keeping an eye closed and trying to light a birthday candle.

Thats my issue with the AFL and their stance on this. There is no irrefutable evidence here and the goal umpire should not have been overruled.

The AFL have a long history under Gills tenure to not admit mistakes and sign off on incorrect calls.

Edit: sorry I am just repeating myself. I am getting old.

Reactions: 13 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Huh? Then I have no idea what you are saying because you just said this:

If it clearly didn't go to the left of the post but it might have been a point, then you are saying it might have gone directly over the post but it definitely didn't go to the left of it?

That's an extraordinary level of confidence in detail on a poor quality shot I think.

I was squinting

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The thing is you have an enormous cognitive bias towards Richmond coupled with a high level of confidence in your own opinion, and it renders you unable to see any credibility in other views. Then the huge level of confirmation bias on this forum puts the icing on the cake. It's like a thinking man's Dunning Kruger effect.

There is clearly a moment in that footage where the ball is perhaps over the post and perhaps slightly left of it and there is no way to tell where it happens in relation to the line. There's a reason so many people have said they think the right decision was made but with the wrong process. But of course through the bias lens that's gaslighting or AFL led media so we just dismiss that out of hand.
I was clearly in the “no idea whether it was a goal or a point” camp until I saw that video. I also posted that it could well have been right decision wrong process.
The fact that I changed my mind was not because of some cognitive bias but because of the evidence I have now seen.
I sent that video to 10-15 people none of who are Richmond supporters. Everyone who responded had the same opinion, clearly a goal. One of them was a lions supporter.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I was clearly in the “no idea whether it was a goal or a point” camp until I saw that video. I also posted that it could well have been right decision wrong process.
The fact that I changed my mind was not because of some cognitive bias but because of the evidence I have now seen.
I sent that video to 10-15 people none of who are Richmond supporters. Everyone who responded had the same opinion, clearly a goal. One of them was a lions supporter.

I'm no expert in this but it would seem to me that unless you can say with absolute certainly which frame the ball crosses the goal line in, there is no way you can say that is a definitive goal.

You would have to sync the footage with a goal line camera to know I would have thought.

JAKLAUGHING

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2019
Something coming back our way. This is your funniest post yet. Only thing coming back our way from the AFL is the regular Starfish Enterprise excursions we have to endure. We might as well all just get around in tracksuit pants every day and make it easier for them.
Hey ease up on the tracksuit pants bashing...love them!
Just need to find light weight ones for Summer wear!

JAKLAUGHING

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2019
The thing is you have an enormous cognitive bias towards Richmond coupled with a high level of confidence in your own opinion, and it renders you unable to see any credibility in other views. Then the huge level of confirmation bias on this forum puts the icing on the cake. It's like a thinking man's Dunning Kruger effect.

There is clearly a moment in that footage where the ball is perhaps over the post and perhaps slightly left of it and there is no way to tell where it happens in relation to the line. There's a reason so many people have said they think the right decision was made but with the wrong process. But of course through the bias lens that's gaslighting or AFL led media so we just dismiss that out of hand.
Tell all that to the goal umpire who was there..

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I'm no expert in this but it would seem to me that unless you can say with absolute certainly which frame the ball crosses the goal line in, there is no way you can say that is a definitive goal.

You would have to sync the footage with a goal line camera to know I would have thought.
Well I’m an expert. It was definitely a goal

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nonsense and Blobbo are back on tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing Blobbo's continuous delusions with Pepper Scott and the Bummers.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Stole this from a Bummer poster on BF https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/top-50.1342112/page-8#post-78164252

At least he's got 6 Tigers in it:

1 Charlie Curnow :mhihi
2 Christian Petracca
3 Marcus Bontempelli
4 Patrick Cripps
5 Clayton Oliver
6 Jeremy Cameron
7 Dustin Martin
8 Lachie Neale
9 Patrick Dangerfield
10 Chad Warner
11 Tom Lynch
12 Tom Stewart
13 Shai Bolton
14 Connor Rozee
15 Darcy Moore
16 Jordan De Goey
17 Touk Miller
18 Toby Greene
19 Andrew Brayshaw
20 Hugh McCluggage
21 Aaron Naughton
22 Steven May
23 Dion Prestia
24 Josh Dunkley
25 Jack Macrae
26 James Sicily
27 Max Gawn
28 Tom Hawkins
29 Tim English
30 Jacob Weitering
31 Callum Mills
32 Charlie Cameron
33 Nick Daicos
34 Cam Guthrie
35 Rowan Marshall
36 Zach Merrett
37 Luke Davies-Uniacke
38 Nick Vlastuin
39 Isaac Heeney
40 Sam Walsh
41 Rory Laird
42 Brayden Maynard
43 Harry McKay
44 Tom Barrass
45 Angus Brayshaw
46 Luke Parker
47 Mark Blicavs
48 Tim Taranto
49 Sam Taylor
50 Bailey Smith

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Stole this from a Bummer poster on BF https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/top-50.1342112/page-8#post-78164252

At least he's got 6 Tigers in it:

1 Charlie Curnow :mhihi
2 Christian Petracca
3 Marcus Bontempelli
4 Patrick Cripps
5 Clayton Oliver
6 Jeremy Cameron
7 Dustin Martin
8 Lachie Neale
9 Patrick Dangerfield
10 Chad Warner
11 Tom Lynch
12 Tom Stewart
13 Shai Bolton
14 Connor Rozee
15 Darcy Moore
16 Jordan De Goey
17 Touk Miller
18 Toby Greene
19 Andrew Brayshaw
20 Hugh McCluggage
21 Aaron Naughton
22 Steven May
23 Dion Prestia
24 Josh Dunkley
25 Jack Macrae
26 James Sicily
27 Max Gawn
28 Tom Hawkins
29 Tim English
30 Jacob Weitering
31 Callum Mills
32 Charlie Cameron
33 Nick Daicos
34 Cam Guthrie
35 Rowan Marshall
36 Zach Merrett
37 Luke Davies-Uniacke
38 Nick Vlastuin
39 Isaac Heeney
40 Sam Walsh
41 Rory Laird
42 Brayden Maynard
43 Harry McKay
44 Tom Barrass
45 Angus Brayshaw
46 Luke Parker
47 Mark Blicavs
48 Tim Taranto
49 Sam Taylor
50 Bailey Smith
Who ?

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Someone’s told Blobby to be controversial in his no.1 selection to earn extra clicks and controversy. Can’t see any other reason you’d have Curnow no.1.