AFLW 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW 2020

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
A new team, a new forum to discuss Richmond’s inaugural AFL Women's season.

Reactions: 7 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
cheers Mr T

let the comments views and suggestion flow

I must admit I had NO interest in AFL W but now I am interested and looking forward to our women's games

we have recruited well and have a good coaching team . Fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Round 1 is a must see game, although a home game at Princes Park? Can we borrow that salty guy from Geelong to whinge on our behalf or are we above that?

I must email the club and see if there is any way to get a reserved seat with AFLW membership as we just have to make this a lock out. Must also renew the AFLW membership first I suppose.

DS

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
What an awesome video on the club website about the woman's football program. It would be amazing to see the club's supporters get behind the team and make it a powerhouse and intimidating to play against.

Some impressive people involved. I wonder if in 10 years time we will see a lot more woman involved in the men's football department.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why does it seem that an AFLW player is significantly more likely to be a lesbian than a woman randomly selected on the street?

I dont understand why sexual preference can be a determinate in peoples aptitudes and occupations (e.g. hairdressers)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Why does it seem that an AFLW player is significantly more likely to be a lesbian than a woman randomly selected on the street?

I dont understand why sexual preference can be a determinate in peoples aptitudes and occupations (e.g. hairdressers)
It is simply a fact. Like waiting for AFL player to "come out", there is simply not that many (if any) but there is a far larger percentage of gay people in the performing arts (for example).

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Round 1 is a must see game, although a home game at Princes Park? Can we borrow that salty guy from Geelong to whinge on our behalf or are we above that?

I must email the club and see if there is any way to get a reserved seat with AFLW membership as we just have to make this a lock out. Must also renew the AFLW membership first I suppose.

DS
I understAnd with the membership you get access to jack dyer stand seating

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
anyone at training last night?

who is burning up the track?

who looks fitter, bigger stronger?

who is primed for a huge year??

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Any chance the AFL can make the girls play a curtain raiser to every AFL game for 22 rounds?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Sabrina Frederick is now a Pie, with the versatile Maddie Shevlin heading to Richmond in return.

Picks also changed hands as part of the deal, with Collingwood sending its first-rounder (No.16) and third-rounder (No.48) to Richmond, and receiving the Tigers' second-round priority pick (No.26) and a fourth-rounder (currently No.55) in return.

Richmond WIn hands down in this trade

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sabrina Frederick is now a Pie, with the versatile Maddie Shevlin heading to Richmond in return.

Picks also changed hands as part of the deal, with Collingwood sending its first-rounder (No.16) and third-rounder (No.48) to Richmond, and receiving the Tigers' second-round priority pick (No.26) and a fourth-rounder (currently No.55) in return.

Richmond WIn hands down in this trade

Massive win I reckon, she impacted our structures negatively last season IMO. To get a player and 2 pick upgrades is a great result.

Anyone know anything about Shevlin?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looks a good deal. Fredericks is good but the game is leaving her behind a bit as she lacks pace. I still think she could be better if she ran into opponents more.

Good luck to her, came to Richmond when we were putting a side together, kicked our first ever goal, contributed to the team. Just hope she doesn't play so well against us.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sabrina is a lovely person.

But is the 2nd most overrated woman in footy, after No Hope IMHO.

career average 10 disposals, 4 hit outs and half a goal

I dont begrudge them chasing a meagre living

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users