AFLW game day round 3 Tigers v Filth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected]untroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW game day round 3 Tigers v Filth

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
It's really strange how far Pheobe Monahan has fallen behind last year's form.

Sophie Molan had more than a few chances to inject herself into the match but chose to seagull.

I won't even touch Fredericks game... sigh.

I counted 6 frees to 2 in the second which really handed the Blues the game. Losing Hosking also contributed but it was 100% the right thing to do after the second tackle.

Other than that our 4 quarter effort cannot be questioned.

We're still 4-5 players away from being competitive but I love the way we are building. You can see that defensive mindset coming through and the willingness to take on the game on like the guys do. Inject some genuine speed next year and I think we'll have a bloody good side!

We are improving at a rate of knots this season and I have no doubt we will eventually get our first win sooner rather than later especially when you consider we haven't played anyone outside the 8 yet.

Really looking forward to next week.

We'll done girls.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My first ever start to finish girls game (which included rewind during the game)
Effort 9.9/10
Play 7/10
Skill 5/10
Kicking 6/10
Handball 7/10
Best; Defender that had tape on her nose.
Conti. Was in everything,
Brennan. Really good. Looked our best.
Number 24. Did ok after half time, was hopless early
Wakefield. Good, female Jack
Fredricks cost us the game, either not scoring or being involved in passages that hurt us going the other way.
Not sure X Basketball girls works.
I didn't see any penderbury's.
Our small defender was in half of Carlton's score.
Number 18 (i think) always behind Vesio. Vesio needed the fastest defender on her. Every goal came from simple Chest marks.
Not sure why Talyor Harris is prompted as the best women's player.
Sheehan needs to go.
We need more faster girls.
We need to stop experimenting with X Basketball players.
We need to keep on bringing in girls with a history of playing the game and i can see enough for our girls to sit comfortably in the top 4 teams.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Looks like the round 3 game against the filth has been merged with the round 4 game against the other filth. More of the other filth game discussion is on the AFLW News board.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
My first ever start to finish girls game (which included rewind during the game)
Effort 9.9/10
Play 7/10
Skill 5/10
Kicking 6/10
Handball 7/10
Best; Defender that had tape on her nose.
Conti. Was in everything,
Brennan. Really good. Looked our best.
Number 24. Did ok after half time, was hopless early
Wakefield. Good, female Jack
Fredricks cost us the game, either not scoring or being involved in passages that hurt us going the other way.
Not sure X Basketball girls works.
I didn't see any penderbury's.
Our small defender was in half of Carlton's score.
Number 18 (i think) always behind Vesio. Vesio needed the fastest defender on her. Every goal came from simple Chest marks.
Not sure why Talyor Harris is prompted as the best women's player.
Sheehan needs to go.
We need more faster girls.
We need to stop experimenting with X Basketball players.
We need to keep on bringing in girls with a history of playing the game and i can see enough for our girls to sit comfortably in the top 4 teams.
Tend to agree on bringing in players from other sports, but Conti is a basketballer. She’s part of the current WNBL title winning team.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Tend to agree on bringing in players from other sports, but Conti is a basketballer. She’s part of the current WNBL title winning team.

Erin Phillips is pretty handy as well.

People have to remember this is a competition that has been developed at a ridiculous speed. The original plan was for the first AFLW season to be played last year. The exhibition series was supposed to be the start of developing feeder comps and have the elite level ready by about now, but it was fast tracked because of the popularity of the early games.

So when it started there was nowhere near enough elite talent available or coming through. It is only now that there are elite kids like McKenzie who have had a reasonable run at the pathways but it will still be another few years before that becomes a fully stocked talent source. For us it is even worst because we had the last run at the available talent so the stocks were depleted before we even got in the game.

In the interim you almost have no choice but to take elite talent from other sports and try to turn them into footballers, because there is very little else to select and they at least have elite physical characteristics.

Reactions: 1 users