AFLW game day round 3 Tigers v Filth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW game day round 3 Tigers v Filth

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Oh, and Razor's umpiring was as consistently poor as in the men's game

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not at all, I can just picture it now. The umpires about to run out on the ground when they are called into a room with the lights off inside.

The light of a single candle flickers on a cloaked, hooded figure's face, the evil mastermind Ray Chamberlain.

"Before we take the field today, you need to know something," he says. "To umpire, is to be anti-Tiger. It is the sacred vow we all take".

They then say the sacred chant, drink the blood of an endangered Sumatran tiger cub, wipe their mouths on Jack Dyer's first guernsey, and head out on the field ready to screw us again.
It’s about time you saw the light! Been trying to tell you this for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Better effort by Richmond and the umpires but if we didn’t have Conti, we’d lose by 10 goals.
She’s a star.
Fredericks is not

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Better effort by Richmond and the umpires but if we didn’t have Conti, we’d lose by 10 goals.
She’s a star.
Fredericks is not
Watched a fair bit of the game, its a much improved spectacle. Some of the players ball handling is super and the players football craft is improving. The depth isn't quite there but you can see the bones of a really watchable game. I even yelled a bit when they ball got loose in the goal square just out of Fredericks reach. With so many girls playing now it will improve in leaps and bounds each year.

Agree on Fredericks, her fitness levels are simply not good enough. She's always too tired to get to the right positions. Brennan looks great in patches but has to do more.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I had to turn it off. The umpiring did my head in. Fredericks should be dropped. She is too slow and unfit for this standard of footy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Much better game, we were in this right to the end. The standard is improving, our team is a lot better.

Fredericks is not great but my daughter was noticing she gets followed around everywhere on the ground, is she getting a tag? I think she needs to go in harder, has the strength to hurt the opposition.

Great to see a scoreline of 8 goals to 7, pity it wasn't in our favour.

Players from both sides looking knackered at the end, very warm and humid at Princes Park and we simply ran out of time. Good to see we are playing out games to the end, that is an important step in the right direction.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
I'm disappointed, they were the better team and should've won. Blues a little bit cleaner with the ball in hand but overall I think the girls let slip a golden opportunity to knock up their first win. 4 goals up in the 2nd, then hosking went off due to that sling tackle and it changed the game, allowed the blues to kick the next 4 and lead by a point at half time.

I love conti and even though she was our best if there is one part of her game she needs to tidy up a tad is her ball use. Mon can tend to just throw it on the boot at times. Cost the team a vital goal at the end of the 3rd.

Fredricks imo the game has gone past her, to slow. Brennan bounces back with a good game which included 2 goals.
Wakefield say no more an absolute gun. Oh, Bec Miller, this girl has done a full circle from last year, she was without a doubt in our best players and held down the backline fine. Used the ball extremely well.

Stahl better than in previous weeks. Molan I'm not a fan, to slow in everything she does, doesn't have the urgency in her game.

McKenzie all class. moves so well, and has good pace. Seymour consistent as usual and Hosking played well, always impressive around the ball.

Overall this team has surprised me, taken it up to the pies and blues in the last 2 games. They have found some speed in their game too which has helped with more I50'S and enabled them to score more.

Reactions: 3 users
Feb 25, 2007
For those who missed it, you can watch 3 of the 4 qtrs in HD, even though we lost it was a cracker.

Click on this link https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich then once on the page scroll down to the bottom and on the right-hand side, simply watch full quarters of the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters in HD.

Post-Match Press Conference - Ryan Ferguson
https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich

CARLTON
0.2 4.2 7.3 8.3 (51)
RICHMOND 3.0 4.1 5.1 7.4 (46)

GOALS
Carlton:
Vescio 3, Prespakis 2, McEvoy, Harris, Stevens
Richmond: Wakefield 3, Brennan 2, Stahl 2

BEST
Carlton:
Prespakis, Vescio, Egan, McEvoy, Hosking, Harrington
Richmond: Conti, Hosking, Seymour, Wakefield, Brancatisano, Brennan

INJURIES
Carlton:
Nil
Richmond: Nil

Reports: Nil

Crowd: 2212 at Ikon Park

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A few weeks ago we were lamenting that they couldn't score, and that has certainly improved.

At times, I think it must have been round 1, the backline stood up really well under pressure, more early in the game than later.

Now, it is damned hard to build a side from scratch and we are clearly starting from a position where we are well behind the better teams. But geez, if they can get it all working at once they can be competitive and that's what I'm looking for at this stage.

Mind you, the AFL will probably give us a game against North next week, I reckon they would be pretty handy against their own men's team.

DS

Feb 25, 2007
Overall umpires weren't to bad but with a minute and 5 secs to go, There were 2 howlers in the space of 5 seconds against Conti, she was taken high twice and no free. Would've easily been in distance to attempt to level the scores.

Just a knee to the head.

conti.jpg

Not one but 2 blues players come over the top of Conti and get her high, play on.

cont 2i.jpg

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
It's really strange how far Pheobe Monahan has fallen behind last year's form.

Sophie Molan had more than a few chances to inject herself into the match but chose to seagull.

I won't even touch Fredericks game... sigh.

I counted 6 frees to 2 in the second which really handed the Blues the game. Losing Hosking also contributed but it was 100% the right thing to do after the second tackle.

Other than that our 4 quarter effort cannot be questioned.

We're still 4-5 players away from being competitive but I love the way we are building. You can see that defensive mindset coming through and the willingness to take on the game on like the guys do. Inject some genuine speed next year and I think we'll have a bloody good side!

We are improving at a rate of knots this season and I have no doubt we will eventually get our first win sooner rather than later especially when you consider we haven't played anyone outside the 8 yet.

Really looking forward to next week.

We'll done girls.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My first ever start to finish girls game (which included rewind during the game)
Effort 9.9/10
Play 7/10
Skill 5/10
Kicking 6/10
Handball 7/10
Best; Defender that had tape on her nose.
Conti. Was in everything,
Brennan. Really good. Looked our best.
Number 24. Did ok after half time, was hopless early
Wakefield. Good, female Jack
Fredricks cost us the game, either not scoring or being involved in passages that hurt us going the other way.
Not sure X Basketball girls works.
I didn't see any penderbury's.
Our small defender was in half of Carlton's score.
Number 18 (i think) always behind Vesio. Vesio needed the fastest defender on her. Every goal came from simple Chest marks.
Not sure why Talyor Harris is prompted as the best women's player.
Sheehan needs to go.
We need more faster girls.
We need to stop experimenting with X Basketball players.
We need to keep on bringing in girls with a history of playing the game and i can see enough for our girls to sit comfortably in the top 4 teams.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Looks like the round 3 game against the filth has been merged with the round 4 game against the other filth. More of the other filth game discussion is on the AFLW News board.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
My first ever start to finish girls game (which included rewind during the game)
Effort 9.9/10
Play 7/10
Skill 5/10
Kicking 6/10
Handball 7/10
Best; Defender that had tape on her nose.
Conti. Was in everything,
Brennan. Really good. Looked our best.
Number 24. Did ok after half time, was hopless early
Wakefield. Good, female Jack
Fredricks cost us the game, either not scoring or being involved in passages that hurt us going the other way.
Not sure X Basketball girls works.
I didn't see any penderbury's.
Our small defender was in half of Carlton's score.
Number 18 (i think) always behind Vesio. Vesio needed the fastest defender on her. Every goal came from simple Chest marks.
Not sure why Talyor Harris is prompted as the best women's player.
Sheehan needs to go.
We need more faster girls.
We need to stop experimenting with X Basketball players.
We need to keep on bringing in girls with a history of playing the game and i can see enough for our girls to sit comfortably in the top 4 teams.
Tend to agree on bringing in players from other sports, but Conti is a basketballer. She’s part of the current WNBL title winning team.