AFLW Round 1 2022 - StKilda v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Round 1 2022 - StKilda v Richmond

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
More contributors also helps, we have a far quicker team now with better skills and more players at the level they need to be. The start of a rise and we should be making finals in the next couple of years if we can keep going. Was good to see the forward handpassing. Playing like Richmond, love it.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
That was a good game to watch. Very Richmond like. Some of those handball chains through the middle were so exciting. I hope the boys were watching.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
There’s one great passage that was on Insta, where we got it rolling from the middle and kept it going, resulted in one of Wakefield’s goals. Looked like trademark Richmond football.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Need to temper the expectation just a little (but not the enthusiasm) as the saints are quite likely to be in the bottom couple.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
The improvement with our AFLW team has been remarkable - another proof point that we have our act together holistically as a club.

In 2020 I found they were really hard to watch - actually they were awful. In 2021 much better, but noticeable not up to it against the better teams. However that was next level again for our first game of 2022, they had a clear system and the skills to execute. I really hope it holds up against the better teams. I love seeing the improvement in many on the list, as well as the new girls.

I loved everything Ryan Ferguson said post match too - very Richmondy.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The improvement with our AFLW team has been remarkable - another proof point that we have our act together holistically as a club.

In 2020 I found they were really hard to watch - actually they were awful. In 2021 much better, but noticeable not up to it against the better teams. However that was next level again for our first game of 2022, they had a clear system and the skills to execute. I really hope it holds up against the better teams. I love seeing the improvement in many on the list, as well as the new girls.

I loved everything Ryan Ferguson said post match too - very Richmondy.
"Raise the fight" - I think I've heard that somewhere before.

Reactions: 1 user