• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

AFLW season

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
does anyone know how the draw will work next season when 4 more teams are added? they will surely have to extend the season? I doubt they will wanna start earlier because of the tennis and BBL. they will have to eat into the AFL season.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigerlove said:
Why? There are 10 teams now and only 7 rounds. Next year 14 teams and 7 rounds?
maybe instead of conferences, they should have 2 divisions. the top 7 play each other once. top 4 play off in finals to determine the premier. bottom 2 relegated. the bottom 7 play off for promotion, maybe automatic promotion for the team that finishes 1st and a playoff between 2nd and 3rd to decide the second.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
It's good listening to Jason Bennett commentating these type of games. IMO, the voice of the VFL and lower leagues. Deserves credit.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
TigerForce said:
It's good listening to Jason Bennett commentating these type of games. IMO, the voice of the VFL and lower leagues. Deserves credit.
I agree but I think that's where he needs to stay.

Classic example of a player who dominates VFL and never makes it at AFL level.

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
The Big Richo said:

Prefer Basil Zemplis?

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
The Big Richo said:

He's better than some at AFL level. I'd prefer him there. Doesn't talk bullshit like others do and sticks to the game.

BTW, Giants killing the Chokers in hot Morwell. ;D

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Just flicked over for a score, it would appear watching the Roos and Pies that there's no such thing as a jumper clash in AFLW :mad: ??? :mad: ???

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Watched a quarter and saw maybe 25 holding the ball decisions. Commentators believed they should be given more time, maybe 2 or 3 seconds more to allow them to make disposal decisions. Personally I thought most were the right call. Limited awareness.

Ossie

Tiger Rookie
Apr 15, 2012
Mr Brightside said:
Preliminary between Adelaide and Geelong, Cats haven’t scored at 3/4 time
The Cats had a huge last quester though Mr B - a goal and a behind!

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
When Erin Phillips won the Charlotte Brownlow last night, the applause looked like it came from zombies. Awfully quiet and sombre atmosphere.