• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

AFLW season

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Bloody unfortunate for the club n the women's comp that games won't be played there. Definitely going to be a need for a couple of shared grounds with a ten to fifteen thou capacity in future years plus probably a thirty to thirty five thou boutique that could be shared for finals and a few small drawing men's games against interstate clubs.
Unfortunate for sure but might be used to add to the case for funding to upgrade Punt Road?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ah so the construction work will be finished by the start of the VFL season? Or the two at Beaconsfield are early games?
No, what they are saying is AFLW crowds will be way bigger than VFL crowds

I get to most of our VFL games & we never get more than 1000, I recall a game againgt Northern Blues 3 or 4 years ago @ Princess Park & there wouldn't have been 50 people there

Reactions: 1 users

Sir

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 23, 2004
I do!

I think he's been a real revelation through his Twitter feed (and insight) into AFL and the Tigers. I would like to think he was cautious re his comments AFLW - BUT - the Tigers have tread a thin line in the pseudo political area for too long now (don't mix sport and politics - but - hey - the AFL do that DAILY!!!).

I hope Justin (if he was fired) was done so with at least a caution. Otherwise - take the Israel Folau defence!!!

Employers need to learn that you can't sack a person for expressing a legally acceptable view. (..... but they can choose not to renew his contract if he wasn't adhering to the 'mission/objectives')

So ..... the question will be:

1. Was he sacked - or was his contract not renewed?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I do!

I think he's been a real revelation through his Twitter feed (and insight) into AFL and the Tigers. I would like to think he was cautious re his comments AFLW - BUT - the Tigers have tread a thin line in the pseudo political area for too long now (don't mix sport and politics - but - hey - the AFL do that DAILY!!!).

I hope Justin (if he was fired) was done so with at least a caution. Otherwise - take the Israel Folau defence!!!

Employers need to learn that you can't sack a person for expressing a legally acceptable view. (..... but they can choose not to renew his contract if he wasn't adhering to the 'mission/objectives')

So ..... the question will be:

1. Was he sacked - or was his contract not renewed?
who knows, he did mention it was his interview with Geezer in RE that bought about his downfall

Something about a surfer - someone or other Van Dyk (sp)

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
who knows, he did mention it was his interview with Geezer in RE that bought about his downfall

Something about a surfer - someone or other Van Dyk (sp)
I think he said he was sacked because he said VD was pretty and someone complained. I'll miss his pro Richmond rants and take down of opposition supporters - was quite enjoyable.

Tigers of Old

I’ll die a happy Tiger.
Jul 26, 2004
I think he said he was sacked because he said VD was pretty and someone complained. I'll miss his pro Richmond rants and take down of opposition supporters - was quite enjoyable.

You can get sacked for calling someone pretty? I don't buy that.