AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Bloody unfortunate for the club n the women's comp that games won't be played there. Definitely going to be a need for a couple of shared grounds with a ten to fifteen thou capacity in future years plus probably a thirty to thirty five thou boutique that could be shared for finals and a few small drawing men's games against interstate clubs.
Unfortunate for sure but might be used to add to the case for funding to upgrade Punt Road?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ah so the construction work will be finished by the start of the VFL season? Or the two at Beaconsfield are early games?
No, what they are saying is AFLW crowds will be way bigger than VFL crowds

I get to most of our VFL games & we never get more than 1000, I recall a game againgt Northern Blues 3 or 4 years ago @ Princess Park & there wouldn't have been 50 people there

Reactions: 1 users

Sir

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 23, 2004
I do!

I think he's been a real revelation through his Twitter feed (and insight) into AFL and the Tigers. I would like to think he was cautious re his comments AFLW - BUT - the Tigers have tread a thin line in the pseudo political area for too long now (don't mix sport and politics - but - hey - the AFL do that DAILY!!!).

I hope Justin (if he was fired) was done so with at least a caution. Otherwise - take the Israel Folau defence!!!

Employers need to learn that you can't sack a person for expressing a legally acceptable view. (..... but they can choose not to renew his contract if he wasn't adhering to the 'mission/objectives')

So ..... the question will be:

1. Was he sacked - or was his contract not renewed?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I do!

I think he's been a real revelation through his Twitter feed (and insight) into AFL and the Tigers. I would like to think he was cautious re his comments AFLW - BUT - the Tigers have tread a thin line in the pseudo political area for too long now (don't mix sport and politics - but - hey - the AFL do that DAILY!!!).

I hope Justin (if he was fired) was done so with at least a caution. Otherwise - take the Israel Folau defence!!!

Employers need to learn that you can't sack a person for expressing a legally acceptable view. (..... but they can choose not to renew his contract if he wasn't adhering to the 'mission/objectives')

So ..... the question will be:

1. Was he sacked - or was his contract not renewed?
who knows, he did mention it was his interview with Geezer in RE that bought about his downfall

Something about a surfer - someone or other Van Dyk (sp)

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
who knows, he did mention it was his interview with Geezer in RE that bought about his downfall

Something about a surfer - someone or other Van Dyk (sp)
I think he said he was sacked because he said VD was pretty and someone complained. I'll miss his pro Richmond rants and take down of opposition supporters - was quite enjoyable.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wonder if there’s a feed or if it’s televised.
WatchAFL is showing it so I imagine it's on Fox or at least the AFL streaming app.

Interesting that we're 4th favorites for the flag and we haven't played a match yet. We've either recruited real well or the AFL community are now *smile* scared of anything Richmond.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Yep. Shame the girls have to play at that shithole...
Yeah, they're runner Maher thinks he's being funny promoting it as Carlton V Richmond. .... actually I'm glad, they can claim it as their home game.... would be hilarious if we slapped the reigning runners up off Princess Park

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maher is a peenis and a sycophant PC sock puppet.

If that's where the Carlton FC has fallen to that they will get hyper pumped over a AFLW win over the RFC then thats hillarious and even a touch sad for them.

They can have the win on Friday, we'll slap them off the MCG in the real game the real comp, the one that counts and set their season off in the same way as we have done over the past few years.